MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Though I did not participate (I gotz shitz to build yo), I got to hear the blow by blow via chat. Their exuberance was palpable.

After many a cries, and laments, from beyond my realm of existence. The heroes returned triumphantly to the sacred home tree of nascent ancestry. Though they seem in high spirits, and good health, I fear they have left their sanity in the End.

Congrats guys.

The%20Dragon%20Slayers%20of%20the%20seventh%20epoch%20SML.png

No, my Texture Pack doesn't have faces on pumpkins until you jam a torch in them, sorry. Full size can be found here.

Thanks for taking the pic. There won't be any more dragons, but it's not really an interesting fight anyways. We could always delete the end dimension to fight another, but part of the reason to go there so quickly was so we could start building an amazing XP farm.

Also, I've created a path to the stronghold through the nether. It's behind the portal marked by signs.

but part of the reason to go there so quickly was so we could start building an amazing XP farm.

What's an Xp farm? The endermen in the end?

What's an Xp farm? The endermen in the end?

Mob/Xp farms are any kind of set-up that allow you to kill monsters quickly to get experience, so you can later turn that experience into high level enchantments for your tools/weapons/armour. These contraptions don't just herd mobs towards the player, they usually damage to mobs down so that a single punch will kill the mob, so as little stamina is used (and no tool durability loss).

Endermen and Blaze provide the best experience per kill. Blaze can be difficult to farm, and you are always limited by the spawn rate of the blaze spawner. Since endermen are the only thing that spawns in the End, spawn rates are only limited to however big you make the farm. Players usually build their mob farm about 100+ blocks from the main End island, so all possible endermen spawn inside their death machine. A well made/placed mob farm in the End is the most efficient way to get experience.

EDIT: Damn you YouTube.

So we need to be at least 150 blocks away from the shore, the video recommends 200 to give you space.

Basic materials we'll need.

Blocks: x infinity (snow golem farm is a good recommendation)

for 1 spawn pad:

1 redstone or 1 repeater (3 redstone, 2 sticks, 3 stone)

1 pressure plate (2 stone)

1 normal piston (1 redstone, 1 iron ingot, 4 stone, 3 wood)

Assuming we do what the video suggested and go with 17 the total for one complete spawner ring would be:

42 redstone + 8 wood + 24 stone + ~100 blocks

The Base would be basically 34 glowstone + 34 sticky pistons. Assuming we want a kill switch. We could always start with it just always in kill mode, though I think the lag would be unfortunate. Maybe a water toggle would be a cheaper kill pad.

It's an expensive thing to do, and I'm not sure I want to do it right away, but I think it'll be fun. Also a lot easier with /fly.

Well, goddamn, the stuff you guys have built already not only impresses me in scale, but also in detail. The other server I'm on (which I think I'm going to abandon for this one!) is full of people with no sense of aesthetic... pleasingness. They build things huge, but without the detail to make it actually look good, for the most part.

I've requested permission from Our Lord. (My in-game name is Twig, in case you read this first tabacco.)

I'm still kind of down about the cheating, but I think I can get over it for a world that actually looks good. Hopefully the things I build will live up to the stuff already on the server. X:

Though I did not participate (I gotz shitz to build yo), I got to hear the blow by blow via chat. Their exuberance was palpable.

After many a cries, and laments, from beyond my realm of existence. The heroes returned triumphantly to the sacred home tree of nascent ancestry. Though they seem in high spirits, and good health, I fear they have left their sanity in the End.

Congrats guys.

The%20Dragon%20Slayers%20of%20the%20seventh%20epoch%20SML.png

No, my Texture Pack doesn't have faces on pumpkins until you jam a torch in them, sorry. Full size can be found here.

This makes me happier than it should.

Server is down?

Yeah just noticed it there. My PC crashed completely but when I returned 30-40mins later, the server was down. Hope I didn't cause anything to mess it up.

It's funny, as I said I like playing with a pioneer or colonist role in mind, but Minecraft, I don't think, was really ever intended for it. It's always about the start game for me, but the ramp up of hiding in a hole for saftey and making the colossus is very short.

Now in a MP game the fact that I'll be playing 2 hours a week says I should just get over it and fly into creative mode so I can at least have something cool on the server.

I have discovered, or perhaps come to grips with, the fact that I don't care about survival mode at all. I have way more fun tooling around in creative mode.

I suppose pixel art or logos are kind of frowned upon as they're not really imaginative, but if you've got a ton of spare glowstone (dust), I'd be happy if you could donate some for the Idle Thumbs "The Wizard" logo. It's located Northeast of the founding town:

http://game.idlemc.com:8123/?worldname=thumbs&mapname=flat&zoom=4&x=368.5&y=64&z=-202.25000000000003

There's a chest on the small island west-southwest of the logo. Or, perhaps leave some in the chests by the spawn.

I would have used gold, but I'd never get the logo done in a reasonable amount of time.

I have discovered, or perhaps come to grips with, the fact that I don't care about survival mode at all. I have way more fun tooling around in creative mode.

You can probably enable that for yourself on the server if you want... I think, at least.

Now that my Idletown square is mostly finished I'm giving out 9x9 squares facing the square for houses. Anyone want to build a (small) house facing the square? (No bigger than 9x9x12) Let's make this an actual town instead of just a random collection of mega structures.

I'll mark out the plots later today. Just place a sign in one if you want to claim it.

If this becomes a huge success I'll mark out more plots along the path to the square (which I'm also going to make).

I don't know enough about Redstone to know if this makes any sense, but is it possible to make theater marquee style chase lights with a redstone circuit?

Eg a string of lights where first only the even numbered lights are on, then only the odd ones, so it appears to flash or chase along a line?

marquee3.gif

I don't know enough about Redstone to know if this makes any sense, but is it possible to make theater marquee style chase lights with a redstone circuit?

Yes, but it would be quite a lot of work and you'd probably end up with a fairly massive and laggy circuit. Depends how many lights you want.

You can probably enable that for yourself on the server if you want... I think, at least.

Nah, I don't have, understandably, the permission to switch between creative and survival. I can fly though, that actually makes me happy enough.

I'm in an odd position. I don't care for Creative, but I also refuse to deal with having to light up every inch of my home. Everything you make ends up looking like a Christmas tree. I'll probably go see the sights some day anyway.

Eg a string of lights where first only the even numbered lights are on, then only the odd ones, so it appears to flash or chase along a line?

marquee3.gif

Pretty easy to set up with the new redstone lamps. Those marquee style lights were exactly the first thing I did when they were introduced.

But as Thompson stated, cycling redstone circuits are lag inducing. Minecraft's netcode isn't exactly top shelf. As a mod on a server I've had to hunt down and turn off such circuits to reduce server lag. As a rule players should turn off/disable their cycling circuits, and mob traps when not in use, or when going offline, but it's easy to forget.

I am going to dig a 125-block radius circle straight down to the bedrock.

Then I will do other things inside that circle.

*waggles eyebrows*