MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

So, I checked out the minecraft server, and that's some pretty cool stuff you guys have going on from what I could see. Unfortunately, no build permission means no food eating, so I had to leave after some fights with some skeletons. Fortunately though, the people on there were nice, so I want to come back.

I'd PM tabacco, but it says I need more posts to do that, so I don't know what to do from here other than say my username in minecraft is: artfulodysseus

:erm:

I'd just like to point out that when Forbin says /fly gives you Creative mode, it's only the flying mode from Creative. You don't get the ability to spawn blocks.

I'd just like to point out that when Forbin says /fly gives you Creative mode, it's only the flying mode from Creative. You don't get the ability to spawn blocks.

That makes everything you guys built so far even more impressive. Or did you cheat in any way to get more blocks?

I just logged in to take a quick look at the server, and I gotta say that huge tree-tower next to spawn is awesome! After a long break, I started playing again, and I built a stone brick tower up to max height on another server, and just placing the blocks took forever (let alone mining and smelting them), and my tower had a much smaller footprint. Hats off to whoever built that thing!

I just logged in to take a quick look at the server, and I gotta say that huge tree-tower next to spawn is awesome! After a long break, I started playing again, and I built a stone brick tower up to max height on another server, and just placing the blocks took forever (let alone mining and smelting them), and my tower had a much smaller footprint. Hats off to whoever built that thing!

Wouldn't have been possible with the help of Thompson and Doug (Tobacco) so hats off to them really.

I want to get in on this but can't send tabacco a PM to get build rights due to not posting enough (I'm the type that generally lurks forums rather than posting a lot), so I figured I'd post here and either that'll lead to getting build rights or it'll just be another post towards reaching the minimum. It's a plus either way.

Oh yeah, should mention that I'm Woebin ingame as well. Been looking at the map from work and it looks sweet.

I'd like to partially apologize to whomever Jon is, and partially admonish him. The fence was meant to mark where not to build. :yep: You'll have to knock a new door in your shack.

I've been peering over shammack's shoulder at the progress and it looks incredible. Really makes me miss minecrafting.

I'd like to partially apologize to whomever Jon is, and partially admonish him. The fence was meant to mark where not to build. :yep: You'll have to knock a new door in your shack.

Haha! I had no idea. But it's ok, and I'm sorry. I've started building a small castle-thingy outside the fence. Unless you've extended it even further. :getmecoat

Haha! I had no idea. But it's ok, and I'm sorry. I've started building a small castle-thingy outside the fence. Unless you've extended it even further. :getmecoat

Nah, I just shaved the wall off on the side of the door and replaced it. Though your chest is part of the wall now. :mock: You're welcome to keep it there but it is completely flush with the new base of the tree.

Nah, I just shaved the wall off on the side of the door and replaced it. Though your chest is part of the wall now. :mock: You're welcome to keep it there but it is completely flush with the new base of the tree.

I will proceed to move it to my "castle", good sir!

Just to clarify. The only thing that has been cheated on so far is the spawn tree. Everything else is all dug/smelted/crafted by hand. The spawn point will be moved inside the tree at some point in the near future, right?

Just to clarify. The only thing that has been cheated on so far is the spawn tree. Everything else is all dug/smelted/crafted by hand. The spawn point will be moved inside the tree at some point in the near future, right?

In the next couple days, the spawn will be moved to be in front of the fireplace up inside the tree, facing the bookshelves with signs on them.

And yes, the tree (and the communal farm I'm about to build) are the only cheated things.

As Orv said I was wrong about /fly. I misheard something early on. Everything everyone has built is crazy impressive.

And TBH, we could have built that tree with just the ability to fly. Recently I started farming trees as the wall to my base, and even without bonemeal they grow insanely quickly on a multiplayer server. It would have been a pain in the butt, but they could have gathered that much wood without much more than some bonemeal.

Also, Thompson found a nether fortress and we started beating up some blazes. We've got a new netherwart farm near the portal, and a potion stand at my place by the melons. Feel free to brew something with the mats in the chest right beside the stand.

Don't use the blaze rods though, we're using them on eyes of ender to get to the end. So if you see any endermen, be sure to kill them. We're going to need about 15 eyes to find and open the stronghold portal.

So the automated wheat farm is up across the river to the north in the snow biome. In the next couple days after I finish the tree I'll add on a melon wing and a reed wing. If you're bothered by the fact that I cheated to provide you with sweet, sweet sustenance, pretend we found the leftovers of some ancient culture that worshiped crops.

We've located the fortress stronghold and have put in most of the ender eyes. At 3pm EST (just under 4 hours) we're going to make a push for the end dragon.

Bring a bow and some armor, and maybe a pumpkin hat if you don't want to look at the endermen.

Edited by Forbin

We must end the tyranny of preconceived gender notions by slaying this Gender Dragon.

Only then can the society of Minecraft truly begin.

Ok, so the server just opened a few days ago and now you're already going for the end game? :fart:

Uh, I guess it doesn't really make a difference when you do it.

Aw, this feels like every MMO experience I've had, miss one weekend and get left behind. There's already a city and dragon slaying? Are there going to be more Dragons? I didnt even know dragons were even added, I should play more.

Shitting shit. I forgot that my PC for some reason gets out of memory errors in Minecraft ALL THE TIME. (Java Virtual Machine out of memory crashes.) Is there a common cause/solution for this?

Not really an elegant solution, although you should be able to grant minecraft a slightly larger heap to play around with by invoking java yourself:

javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms512m -jar minecraft.exe

Where -Xmx is max heap size, and -Xms is initial heap size.