MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

is there gonna be an interactive map ?

might be more fun without though, even more so since its survival

I was planning to add one, just haven't gotten around to it yet

Jumped on a little last night, and for just a second while at work now. Already some awesome things are taking form.

And was the old F3-to-see-monsters trick patched out? I could have sworn there were zombies nearby...

Yeah that got removed many moons ago.

How the hell did you guys build this stuff so quickly? Or was that done by creative admin? (if thats possible, I dont know anything about minecraft, I just roam around making hovels)

I've bought this a couple of weeks ago and would love to join in on the fun :)

Edit: also, I logged on to have a look, was looking pretty sweet, unfortunately a creeper just exploded next to a fence and my face and now the fence is partially gone :fart:

There is a nice hole there now though... ahem

Edited by keibo

I turned on the isometric view on the map, and now I have this uncontrollable urge to play Rollercoaster Tycoon.

I just updated the original post of this thread with new details. I'll try to revive idlemc.com tonight to also house that info

Thanks for taking the time to set this all up, tabacco. I only had a little time to fumble about the server last night. It's been a long while since I've played Minecraft -- just about everything including and after the updates that introduced brewing and enchanting is new to me.

One root has two subway arrivals/departures tunnels started. You're welcome to claim a line and take it where you will, and anything past that initial 5-block wood tunnel is yours to form as you please.

There were a series of rivers almost surrounding our spawn point. In an attempt to plan out a densely populated core we've decided for now to try to build within the river perimeter.

I connected the few spots where they weren't connected before, but there's still a bit of dredging to do.

Try not to branch mine inside the perimeter, it may interfere with subway lines later.

So everyone is welcome to build a branch (or five) on the tree. Materials are in a chest on the one root that is currently built. The side of the tree facing the farm has glowstone on the exterior marking whether it's a straight or diagonal level for branches. Please note that the glowstone being used to mark the diagonal levels is on the outside of the tree, not part of the two rows of lighting. These alternate with the exception of 2 and 3 which are both diagonal. The only real rules for branches are

- The higher level it is, the longer it is and the more girth it has (levels higher than 7 don't really need any vertical size, they can be one level flat branches, it's hard to tell from the ground)

- Place channels of glowstone inside your leaves, but make sure it's all covered by leaves.

So it's got monsters now, I heard.

Is it still creative, or is it Manly Minecraft? U:

Wow, guys, that tree at spawn is awesome.

And Minecraft's terrain generator has been improved hugely, since last time I played. This world looks great.

Going by the number of picklemen I encountered, I'm going to say "manly."

I swear I actually clarified what I meant by "manly", but maybe I never submitted the edit or something I don't know.

What I meant was, is it still creative, where you can spawn whatever you want, or do you have to actually harvest the materials yourself. 'Cause that tree, while pretty coo', is enormous, and would take a ton of wood. I don't like playing on creative servers. It kind of makes things far less impressive for me, and thus less enjoyable. U:

On the other hand, if that tree was made without any spawning, then well golly gee damn, that is awesome.

I want to get in on this but can't send tabacco a PM to get build rights due to not posting enough (I'm the type that generally lurks forums rather than posting a lot), so I figured I'd post here and either that'll lead to getting build rights or it'll just be another post towards reaching the minimum. It's a plus either way.

Edit: i'm wrong about creative mode, misheard something early on.

When you type /fly, you get creative mode. Everyone has access to that, which does pretty much make that aspect of survival a little bit of a grey area. But everyone seems to be enjoying it.

I'm playing 100% legit right now, and I think Atebit was playing the same way. But it's hard to tell if his tower stub of stone bricks is the product of a bunch of furnaces and time, or creative mode. However, he did spend hours branch mining looking for diamond so he and I could place the nether portal with legit materials so I assume it's real.

The densely populated core is looking like it's going to be great. It's pretty cool to look up in a thunder storm and see 3 or 4 different people working on their separate projects up in the rain.

Edited by Forbin

When you type /fly, you get creative mode. Everyone has access to that, which does pretty much make that aspect of survival a little bit of a grey area. But everyone seems to be enjoying it..

Hmmgnnngh. Well, as long as you guys are having fun. I'll stick to my current server. U:

When you type /fly, you get creative mode. Everyone has access to that, which does pretty much make that aspect of survival a little bit of a grey area. But everyone seems to be enjoying it.

So after /fly you can spawn blocks? And if so, how does that work? /item seems to be restricted.

Aw, I thought Orvidos made that tree by mining and he was just a minecraft wizard.

But it looks great and is awesome. If I ever get my pc back or if it stops locking up at work, I'll be sure to build something. I like survival, so I will be building some huts until I gather some materials to build something good.

I honestly don't know much about minecraft so I like figuring it out as I go and treat it like a game about pioneers.