MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

October 30th

Never Forget

Or is it the 29th there still?

Oh, and thanks for doing the thing! I haven't really been active at all, but some cool stuff has definitely been built.

Okay, http://idlemc.com has been moved over to the thumbs server. It's now serving a stripped-down page with just the past epoch downloads.

The sixth and most recent is uploading right now, so it'll probably be a few minutes before it's ready to go.

Starting to think about playing some MP Minecraft survival again. Anyone else interested in hunting down a server?

I just started up on VanillaCraft about a week ago (haven't done much yet). Last server I was on shut down without warning (the third one in as many months). As for VanillaCraft, It's okay so far, though the server reboots on the hour every hour, which is a bit odd.

Maybe if there is interest idlemc.com could come back...

Found this the other day:

pay-for-this-shit-yo-header.jpg

Maybe if there is interest idlemc.com could come back...

I'd be up for that.

Will any of the kickbacks be made of diamonds?

Seriously though, I'd gladly chip in 10CAD (maybe more) a month towards hosting fees. A few more guys (3?) putting 10$ each, and we can get something decent I think.

Seriously though, I'd gladly chip in 10CAD (maybe more) a month towards hosting fees. A few more guys (3?) putting 10$ each, and we can get something decent I think.

That's the premise the last server was set up under, but eventually it got to the point where I was paying for it all out of pocket, which is why it went away in the first place. Plus everybody else got tired of the game and never came back.

I think Tabacco's last server was costing about 60 a month.

Yep, $60 from linode.com for a machine with 1536MB of RAM (you pretty much need 1024MB for the game, plus some for the system). Unfortunately, RAM is the most expensive commodity in a VPS setup.

Might I suggest a Technic server if we do this again?