MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

nice, i was watching these videos this weekend thinking you should make one:

b3JSWw_bq1c

yC-kO0XTy74

The loudness makes me think we should try to make a giant big dog with crazy pistons.

nice, i was watching these videos this weekend thinking you should make one

Yep, I replicated that second video's schematic. Fantastic design. Not sure how you'd go about a BigDog.

Yo tabacco, can I get privileges for lance_north? He's a friend in real life and pops in now and then to help me with redstone projects.

Edited by Thompson

I don't think you'd have any external movable parts in the big dog, just a set of really noisy pistons inside.

Yep, I replicated that second video's schematic. Fantastic design. Not sure how you'd go about a BigDog.

Yo tabacco, can I get privileges for lance_north? He's a friend in real life and pops in now and then to help me with redstone projects.

Done!

Just finished one half all of the yellow hub rail line to the Bioshock Lighthouse.

It's a dual lane line with each tunnel coming in at ~1.97km (~1.22 miles); at 2 blocks high that means I removed just under 4,000 blocks! (Then replaced half that many again in tracks, plus more for torches.)

Edited by Thompson

Just finished one half all of the yellow hub rail line to the Bioshock Lighthouse.

It's a dual lane line with each tunnel coming in at ~1.97km (~1.22 miles); at 2 blocks high that means I removed just under 4,000 blocks! (Then replaced half that many again in tracks, plus more for torches.)

the what? when did that get built?

the what? when did that get built?

Sorry I can't remember who built it, but they started it about when I started my lighthouse at spawn; it's awesome. It's over here:

Map.jpg

I decided to take a break from the mind-numbing work of the Gesalt to work on something even more insane.

Doug, I would do terrible things for you if you somehow allowed me to edit the world. Or I could give you an MC Edit construct that you could drop into the world. Something.

Edited by Orvidos

I decided to take a break from the mind-numbing work of the Gesalt to work on something even more insane.

Doug, I would do terrible things for you if you somehow allowed me to edit the world. Or I could give you an MC Edit construct that you could drop into the world. Something.

This can only end well.

So I have been playing a little over the last couple of days (my thinggie is in the grassy field south east of spawn) and I can't say I am digging the creative mode. It is fun sure, but also somehow not as meditative and exciting. It was more fun to build ridiculous epic things by cheating in SMP than it is in a pure creative mode...

Holy shit, who made the void, that place seriously freaked me out. Funny too. :tup: Man, the new shaders are really rad... I should open up my bedrock garden from the first epoch and see how it looks with the reduction in atmospheric depth that happens down there.

Holy shit, who made the void, that place seriously freaked me out. Funny too. :tup: Man, the new shaders are really rad... I should open up my bedrock garden from the first epoch and see how it looks with the reduction in atmospheric depth that happens down there.

That would be me :)

Working down there is hard, since light carries such a short distance once you're at bedrock.

How about the next world we build, we do a proper SMP—with a caveat that we try to build as densely as possible. All the rad stuff that we wanna build goes in, but right around the hub. We mine and set up communal chests and public works, but with the concentration of a fine filigree through the world, like a proper city. As it starts to feel constrained, we can spread out as needed, make little similarly dense outposts in other places—and connect the two with roads or a train or something like that. It would be rad if each outpost gets to be self-contained, with food sources and own excavation systems and mob proofing and the like. Another neat thing would be to put the spawn point inside the communal chest area.

Waddayasay? 1.9? :yep:

How about the next world we build, we do a proper SMP—with a caveat that we try to build as densely as possible. All the rad stuff that we wanna build goes in, but right around the hub. We mine and set up communal chests and public works, but with the concentration of a fine filigree through the world, like a proper city. As it starts to feel constrained, we can spread out as needed, make little similarly dense outposts in other places—and connect the two with roads or a train or something like that. It would be rad if each outpost gets to be self-contained, with food sources and own excavation systems and mob proofing and the like. Another neat thing would be to put the spawn point inside the communal chest area.

Waddayasay? 1.9? :yep:

This sounds like a great idea. Maybe there could be some "City Walls" that we could all maintain, like in that mod video Thompson posted.

We can build city walls in concentric circles, so as we outgrow the old downtown we can leave old inner walls when we add newer outer walls—just remove the moats and traps and complicated gates and such.

Another neat thing would be if we could set up a market. Say, I start a bread garden in our city. I can set up a stall in front of my bread garden where I trade bread for diamonds or whatever. So I have a dispenser with a button, you click it and it gives you a bread, but there is a chest and I ask that you leave me some diamonds for the bread you take. I wouldn't expect one diamond for one bread, but if you use my bread, leave a diamond sometime.

That would be neat, I would be in. The pure creative stuff is a bit boring.

Sounds good! I really like the idea of a densely packed, vertical city.

Would survival interest more people than currently are playing? It might be worth a shot.

But we could also just keep the server open to both, with the survival zone segregated by a nether portal. Default the server to non-creative, and have people request access to creative mode on the condition that they stay out of the survival zone, unless they leave their possessions behind. Actually typing that was hard enough, maintaining the rules would be a drag.

I just don't want to re-roll again.

C'mon the server is dead, it will be cooler this way. I've been on a bunch and peeking at the map at random times when I felt like logging in and dropping some blocks, but hardly anyone has been on in a week or so. We need a common goal to get us all excited about building.

How's this for a compromise: I'll set you up with a cache of diamond tools and all the blocks that you desire, the finest contraband that fell off the back of the admin-powers truck, and you can do your building with only the slightest of inconveniences of living in a SMP world? You can even build whatever it is you desire however you want to build it if you don't care for the density constraint—we can just build around your stuff. :D

I'm still making stuff! Just very slowly. On occasion.

Well, I finished the inside of that hugeass step pyramid. Hell, I'm done the whole pseudo-Mayan village as soon as I figure out the redstone guts on the crocodile idol. Or force someone else to do it for me.

I'm still making stuff! Just very slowly. On occasion.

Well, I finished the inside of that hugeass step pyramid. Hell, I'm done the whole pseudo-Mayan village as soon as I figure out the redstone guts on the crocodile idol. Or force someone else to do it for me.

Did somebody say redstone? Let me at it!