MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

I think a single project wouldn't be a bad idea. If the server is alive till November we'll probably want to reset again for 1.9 anyways.

I'm not sure if the Moon mod works in MP. But a moon base would be a good thumb project.

It is probably fairly compatible, but that video in the other MC thread made it look rather lackluster. Not a whole lot of features besides, "Hey I'm on a big rock."

I'd still be down for building a SPACE CITYYYyyy, though. :D

Retro sci-fi futuristic style (lots of buildings like the Space Needle in Seattle), or a more "realistic" moonbase?

I'm a little concerned the only breathable air will be in the tents. But that's alright.

Idle Mooncraft.

Also, 1.8 doesn't look like it adds that much of value to SMP on a creative server. It'll be nice, but other than rivers and ravines (which we can generate by just exploring on our old world), I'm not sure what a fresh world will give us other than a blank slate.

FYI, I'm playing with with getting the server up and running on 1.8 in parallel with the currently-running 1.7 server. At this point I think I've got it pretty happily up and running. I'm sure there's still some weirdness with Craftbukkit based on their commit activity, but at this point I'm comfortable saying we should pick a time for the grand reboot.

I think they're always more fun when we can get lots of people on for the first few hours at least. Is there a time in the evening in the US or morning in Europe that would work well for people?

Edited by tabacco

My schedule is weird at the moment, so I have no specific time.

Would anyone mind explaining the rulesets under which you generally run the server? U:

Nutshell:

Thompson puts up a lot of signs telling you not to touch things because he's doing complex engineering and if you fiddle with it his hours of hard work will go down the drain.

Everyone ignores the signs and Thompson gets very sad.

I'm probably going to just actually play Minecraft on the server this time around. Find a nice NPC town, set up shop, enhance it. Don't really feel like any megaprojects.

On second thought, in the interest of getting this going, I've gone ahead and re-rolled and brought up the 1.8 server. If you update your clients now, you should be able to connect.

If one or two people could connect in the near future for just a couple of minutes and double check that all the permissions and stuff are working properly, that would be super helpful :)

Edit: whoops, permissions are broken. I'm working on it. Feel free to login and look around in the meantime though.

Edit again: Fixed! all should be good now. Forgot to rename the permissions directory.

Edited by tabacco

I might have to drop by this week/weekend if that's cool?

Finally made the plunge and purchased it last week and have been thoroughly enjoying it.

Can I please build stuff? I promise not to break anything!

Don't really feel like any megaprojects.

I am a filthy liar. Let me know what you the of the ISD Iolkos! Destroyed X-Wing courtesy of Starsomethingorother. I apologize for forgetting your name, you seem like a nice chap.

There are definitely a few quirks with the permissions system, but I'm hoping they're not too bad for now, because there aren't any newer versions to install yet.

As soon as there's an Essentials update I'll install it. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Like I said when I was on the server last night, I find creative mode/spawning/etc. to be pretty incredibly boring, so I don't think I will play there. X:

Yeah, I could go off and play "properly" all by my lonesome, but it kind of kills the, uh, atmosphere for me when I know there are people running around laying down acres of wool carpet for free. Probably I'm dumb, I dunno.

It's cool, though. I got other servers. U:

Hahaha no passive aggression in that post.

Correct, none. I was just asking for confirmation that the world isn't going to be rerolled again the next few days because I'm planning to build the crap out of it right now.

oh man... I've building a lair at a really awesome location

the new world generator is awesome :tup:

Also, hopefully some of the permissions stuff is sorted now. Let me know if you're seeing more weirdness or errors about Bukkit crying.

We may not have moon mod, but I'm digging the spacey theme of the star destroyer and degobah crash site. I think i'm going to build a space elevator. Because I'm amazingly creative.

The map should have night mode (as a selectable mode rather than flipping back and forth with the world time) and biome mode available now. If anyone's interested, I can also add average rainfall and/or average temperature maps :)

I'm on as andersonmesa if someone could let me build stuff please?

Thanks!

Done!