MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

my bro wants to use the server and would like build rights and benefits please!

deanwillo is his user name for minecraft

Lets hope this server will be running when 1.8 comes out. I really like idlemc. But I havent been around.

One can only hope.

Thank you Tobacco.

Watched Notch do a demo of 1.8 today at PAX and got a little hands-on time. It's pretty cool. NPC villages look nice :)

Is there any coverage of this out there already? I'm curious.

It didn't look like there was much to see that hasn't already been revealed by Notch on Twitter. I don't think that guy can keep a secret :)

Heh. I dunno, I was hoping for some more sophisticated NPCs or something, who offer fetch and build quests of sorts.

"Fetch me 128 blocks of dirt"

"Go get me 34 blocks of cobble stone from Kingz' castle wall" ?

I for one, are looking forward to the resurrection of IdleMC in adventure mode.

I thought IdleMC was dying because we couldn't afford it anymore?

No, it's dying because nobody uses it anymore. I didn't mind chipping in a big chunk of the server cost for a server people actually use, but paying to have a server sitting idle for days at a time is pretty pointless.

In other news... playing with a dynmap update that uses textures instead of solid colors, and supports biome coloring. All the tiles are re-rendering now, but it looks pretty nice so far.

I'm getting pretty excited. I hope this comes out soon, otherwise it's going to get buried in the avalanche of big budget games I'll be buying starting in Oct

It has to be one block deep. A sloping block of water will level off if it is surrounded by 2 full blocks of water. So you can do something like this.

x

x

If you dig out the Xs, the water will level off. So you can do something like this:

yyyy

xzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz

xzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz

xzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz

Digging in order (xs, then ys, then zs), to make a large flat pool. Then you can dig down and show your glass ceiling.

Edited by Kingzjester
making it easier to look at

I don't think the order really even matters. That lake will level off regardless of how you dig it.

I moved the Notch discussion to the more general Minecraft thread in Gaming, FYI.

This started out in the other thread, but I'm moving it here because it's more relevant, I guess. U:

I would like to finally jump on the Idle MC server with the new patch, and I, at least, would prefer mobs.

The only qualifier is that on other servers I've played, there's so much lag that mobs are impossible to kill without taking damage. I don't know if the same holds true for the new patch.

Do you guys ever do, like, themed areas where you all build to an appropriate theme? It usually makes the world look a lot less ugly and inconsistent, which is one of the reasons I never really get into multiplayer Minecraft for more than a week or two. Big communities tend to just let people build whatever they want wherever they want. That's fine, as long as it's not all bunched up together... But when you have giant pixel art (something I find incredibly boring, but that's beside the point) sitting next to someone's castle which is itself sitting next to a giant penis, I get a little annoyed.

The server I played on prior to this did a lot of that recently, with a town of wooden buildings built into a bay, a desert city, an underground city, etc.

Also, is it a spawning server?

EDIT: I joined the server 'cause I wanted to look around and I got stuck in the portal, nether-side. Can't move, can't type (to /spawn), can't even disconnect. RUT ROH. U:

Edited by Twig

If we reroll for 1.8, do we have any plans in mind? 1.9 is only 2 months away, but we could do something interesting.

I'm thinking a gigantic castle in the shape of a Goatse.

Fixed!

No.... not fixed. Not fixed at all.

Maybe if you said "goty.cx" I might have accepted it.

I'd like to request the removal of Purple's building rights, just in case.