MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

1.6 is out today - Craftbukkit is updated, but they're warned that it's 'VERY experimental' so I'm going to hold off for a bit. As usual, please don't let your clients update until the server is ready or you won't be able to connect.

Also, since 1.6 adds official Nether support, there's a *chance* we might lose the existing Nether content. I'm going to see if I can either preserve it or copy the current region files into the one the server generates once it's upgraded. I'll keep you posted when that happens.

I wish there was a way to fly around so I could visit all those interesting looking objects quickly and easily.

Can you take the plane; although I'm not sure where it leaves.

there's not much of value in the nether.... so it's not a major loss

I wish there was a way to fly around so I could visit all those interesting looking objects quickly and easily.

Trains are starting to come together a bit, which is quicker than walking but not as sweet as flying.

sweet, a new live map, I see where I am now! I was trying to figure it out on the old map, had no clue.

Most exciting new thing for me is the addition of hatches.

People should use this thread as a change log so we know what new stuff has gone up around the server and can check it out.

4 bug patches in a day :frusty:

might take a little while i think for 1.6 to not suck

If only notch had the money to hire a development team, etc, etc...

I already updated my client without even thinking that I may not be able to log in to the server. Will have to play terraria in the maintime.

I already updated my client without even thinking that I may not be able to log in to the server. Will have to play terraria in the maintime.

Don't worry. Notch did the same.

1.6.5 is out, fixing some of the more unfortunate bugs from 1.6.0-1.6.4

The consensus seems to be that it's relatively stable now. Waiting for a CB update now so I can upgrade the server.

my understanding of optimization coding is pretty limited but i don't understand how frames per second affects chunk loading, as notch talks about on his blog.

all i do know is that frame limiters are good things, especially on a game that bounces anywhere between 40 and 200fps for me. there is NO REASON to have anything run at 200 fps

From what I understand, he's trading time spent on displaying the world for time spent on constructing the world : you'll see less FPS (but it shouldn't be noticeable as long as it's above 60) but you'll see the world be simulated and changed more quickly.

I think the issue is chunk updating rather than chunk creation. The real question is, why is his renderer using so much CPU, which is what would be binding chunk updating (I assume)?

Killstar and I have started a 70s modernist/Sim City 2000 arcology inspired floating city ala Columbia south of the big hole. The central platform is halfway done, the power plant is done but not connected, and a chateau is in the beginning stages. Dont worry about getting up there, there's nothing in them yet. We'll build an entrance soon.

Killstar and I have started a 70s modernist/Sim City 2000 arcology inspired floating city ala Columbia south of the big hole. The central platform is halfway done, the power plant is done but not connected, and a chateau is in the beginning stages. Dont worry about getting up there, there's nothing in them yet. We'll build an entrance soon.

See also:

jetsons-fly1.jpg

1.6.6 is out... waiting on stable builds of both CraftBukkit and Essentials at this point.

CB is updated, waiting on a stable build of Essentials (shouldn't be long, they were waiting on CB)

i was trying to knock down a sign that someone else had put up (so i could change the text) and it wouldn't let me. is this a new feature of Essentials?

anyway I added a third platform to the roman city/tracy island station that goes out to the pyramid, but it's barely labeled because I couldn't do anything to those signs.

i was trying to knock down a sign that someone else had put up (so i could change the text) and it wouldn't let me. is this a new feature of Essentials?

anyway I added a third platform to the roman city/tracy island station that goes out to the pyramid, but it's barely labeled because I couldn't do anything to those signs.

Hmm... it protects signs, but they should have the same permissions as all other building. I'll check it out :(

Edit: Try it now and see if it's working. the permissions nodes for essentialsprotect are not very clearly documented, I'm afraid.

Edited by tabacco