MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

that's a "fake" nether that's part of the server tools Tabacco uses. the "real" nether is being implemented into the next update, and i'm sure they're not compatible.

Rest assured it won't work.

FYI, I moved the ongoing editing game into the Idle Banter forum. Not that it's not fun, but I actually use this thread to keep an eye on peoples' comments about the server and the noise was making them harder to spot.

FYI, I moved the ongoing editing game into the Idle Banter forum. Not that it's not fun, but I actually use this thread to keep an eye on peoples' comments about the server and the noise was making them harder to spot.

Understood.

Sorry.

MISSING

One sad little hovel somewhere to the north west of Anvi Expiditionary Mining Corp.

So I set out on my own, with some help I learned the /set home command and have established a second hovel... somewhere, roughly north west of Anvi Expidtionary Mining Corp, but not in the same place of the first hovel.

Not much to see but I hope the best.

PS: Anvi, I stole some cake for the journey.

After a lot of messing around I managed to create a trainstation(thingy) where you can start, end and continue your journey. It doesn't take a lot of redstone wire for one form. But the mirror version is quite a bit more complicated (inversion is annoying).

The trainstation is located halfway the track between Tracy Island and the Farmlands. You can get to tracy island using the tracks in the opposite direction of the roman city tracks. Once on tracy island take the lower tracks to the train station.

I build the farm lands train station. Now there's quite some tracks you can travel with. It's not completely connected, so there are a few transfers required.

Also, bad news... mobs spawn on tracks, so I had to light up quite some part of the tracks.

ok... I broke part of the halfway station

the redstone inverter is quite unreliable in timing, making it barely usable for something where timing is important

did something change on the server?

because we had 2 strange mob encounters, first there was suddenly a skeleton in my house on Tracy Island. And I saw a zombie appear very close to the halfway trainstations. Both locations are well lit.

Nothing changed, but mobs do spawn in weird places sometimes.

Actually, something's changed, because I just (a minute ago) upgraded CraftBukkit/Essentials to new stable builds.

we've got powered tracks now; much better than boosters

now if he'd only fix the crappy latency of redstone wire

Yeah I'm not sad to see old boosters go. Powered track seems better to me anyway, even if it's slightly less fast. It's a more consistent experience, too.

I wish you could set the speed of a piece of powered track though. Would be cool to do a minecart-based tour that could speed up between sections, then slow down when there's something to see. (Peoplemover style, for those who know what that is :))

you sort of can, but it's not very reliable

rJr3f.png

I tested out a new texture pack, swapped back to default, and grass blocks have developed side-grass.

This is weird. Anyone know anything about this bug? I've searched, but most threads seem to be about installing mods and wanting this to happen.

I tested out a new texture pack, swapped back to default, and grass blocks have developed side-grass.

This is weird. Anyone know anything about this bug? I've searched, but most threads seem to be about installing mods and wanting this to happen.

I had a somewhat similar issue where after swapping back to default the sides of grass blocks would be black, and not that 'not lit' black, actual black.

Next update that came out it was fixed.

Whoa, why does the country, state, and city I live in get broadcast to everyone on the server when I log in? Please deactivate whatever's making that happen.

Whoa, why does the country, state, and city I live in get broadcast to everyone on the server when I log in? Please deactivate whatever's making that happen.

I like that! It's nice to know where people are.

I like that! It's nice to know where people are.

People are entitled to privacy, too, though.

and in my case is quite wrong, I'm not from that city at all

People are entitled to privacy, too, though.

Obscuring your location on the Minecraft server is like privacy, that much is certain.

That said, seeing that stuff come up for the first time was surprising. I like it for getting an idea of where people are from, but I can understand why it would be disconcerting.

Obscuring your location on the Minecraft server is like privacy, that much is certain.

That said, seeing that stuff come up for the first time was surprising. I like it for getting an idea of where people are from, but I can understand why it would be disconcerting.

Personally I don't care if you know that I live in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia but other people like to keep that sort of information secret. One case i'd point to is in my Call of Duty clan we had a woman join up who would go to great lenghts to never share any sort of personal information, which we thought was kind of weird. At some point it came out that she had been a victim of a violent crime after someone had stalked her, and she was understandably afraid of revealing any information.

That is certainly an extreme case, but the point i'm trying to make is: I think people should be allowed to keep their location a secret, for whatever reason.

The system would be using geo ip tracing, which tends not to be the most accurate thing ever, so it's likely that it may only actually tell people the location of the nearest capital city or their ISP's nearest major exchange, but even so.