MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

I didn't think you could keep it from updating :x Unless that's an option somewhere I just haven't found.

You need the newest launcher that's been the default on the main site for a few months. Just delete your shortcut and redownload minecraft from minecraft.net It'll prompt you when you start whether or not you want to update.

Yeah, but you probably already updated the game the last time you were running it. I'm in the same boat. But at least it won't happen the next time Minecraft is updated.

You need the updated launcher and the 1.4_01 bin folder files. I'd put it up presuming there's no issue with doing so? I have no idea, so someone let me know.

You need the updated launcher and the 1.4_01 bin folder files. I'd put it up presuming there's no issue with doing so? I have no idea, so someone let me know.

I probably wouldn't notice if you did ¬¬

Almost finished with my Frank Lloyd Wright mansion in the same bay as the Temple and ancient observation tower (down river from New Haven). Too many surfaces means that there are too many torches. I still have to decide what I'm going to do with the bottom floor too.

Taken from the Temple:

2011-04-19_23.26.51.png

2011-04-19_23.26.05.png

Hrrm, early reviews from friends playing single player say that the powered track is really slow :(

that's awesome, you've been talking about that forever.

OaxSVwUsf3s

new rails. i'm actually pretty excited to play with them, although i'm not sure why. probably go around and retrofit all the old stations and tracks. if nothing else, the launchers should be more reliable.

Still giving me the "Sorry, we are unable to retrieve this document."

Don't worry about it though, I can just muck about in single player and Portal 2 until Bukkit and the server updates :)

Hrrm, early reviews from friends playing single player say that the powered track is really slow :(

hmm you're right, according to the wiki.

you know what i think i might try is to still use cart boosters, but simplify the booster mechanism. in theory with powered track you should only need a simple loop with one cart with some boosters. unless boost speed is related to the relative stored momentum in the boosting cart?

ugh

hmm you're right, according to the wiki.

you know what i think i might try is to still use cart boosters, but simplify the booster mechanism. in theory with powered track you should only need a simple loop with one cart with some boosters. unless boost speed is related to the relative stored momentum in the boosting cart?

ugh

I was thinking the same thing. Simple loop boosters in the right spots might be enough (mid way points and whatnot for longer routes). At least it'll hopefully cut down on the number of boosters you have to chain for doordrop setups.

Ok this should work

Powered carts are cool, but like anvil said, now that we have the nether, is there really a need for them? They're much more predictable and controllable compared to the randomness of creating portals, but so much slower.

Maybe I'll finally get around and make that roller coaster I've had as an idea for a while.

so according to the bukkit folks we may be waiting for a bit due to them expecting notch to push a few bugfixes through in the next week or so. fortunately none of the 1.5 additions are life altering so sticking with 1.4 until then is just fine. although i have thought of a few things to do with powered rail lines that aren't riding on them, so i guess there's that.

I just disconnected and reconnected just fine so I'm not entirely sure.

I've never seen that error before either :x