MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Any idea of when it's supposed to be out?

Hopefully early next week. Notch had planned on releasing it last week, but decided to wait until after the weekend, to give extra time to testing.

I know it sounds silly, but I have my reservations about powered rails. One of things about this game that appealed to me the most was that there were a lot of "features" that weren't in it and people had to come up with their own methods to implement them (like cart boosting).

Most of the time I'm all for convenience, but this game makes me shy from it. Powered rails feel like the first step down a dark path hah.

hopefully it's more than "cart goes on its own" because like you said, we already have that... sort of. now if there are ways to make it stop at certain places, say train stations, where you could just hit a button to keep going or get out where you are, then I'm all for it.

since these are "powered" it will be interesting to see if it requires laying several kilometers of redstone and repeaters to make it work. if i have to dig up all the track pieces i laid to replace them with the new type of track, then :frusty:

then again, this could actually make our old "grand central station" idea finally feasible. i would really like to figure out a way to have a big honking station with one launch point, where, through a series of switches and indicator lights, one could dial up their destination

probably pipe dreams...

In my single player game I've had going forever now, I have a rather nice station that has gone through a hundred revisions to the point where it's pretty decent! You can choose from 8 destinations from a single launching point and an automated cart return/call system from the central hub.

Granted, it's huge for what it does and took me forever to put together and due to all the revisions the wiring is definitely of the spaghetti variety :shifty: but I'm proud of it all the same ^_^

So I had a buddy refer me to the server. I can't PM the guys listed till I have more posts. But it wont let me post either. Not sure how to get white listed.

Chairs?

zomg... it's not a chair, but a stair with signs on it

The server's pretty busy today! I wandered through Erwin's life size replica of de_dust, and was surprised (and a but unnerved) to discover that after all these years, and even in new cube form, I still know my way around the place.

I also took this vacation photo:

memories.jpg

It's a pretty long walk from spawn and not easy to find on the map, 'cause it's all built out of sand(stone). I'm building a minecart track connection right now.

Should be back up now. In the future, you'll probably get a quicker response by PM'ing me, since I don't necessarily check the forum every day.

Also: 1.5 is out, please don't update your clients until Craftbukkit is updated for the new version if you want to keep using the server. I'll update here when that happens.