MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Someone, I forget who, recorded the burning of the Targeting Reticle Building (I know it's a building somewhere, but I forget what!) and the World Tree. Got those floating around on a HD somewhere, someone?

when you next travel through the Nether, make sure to rest your rotting head in the luxurious Motel Hell! Now with stocked minibars and honemoon suite complete with hot tub.

Management accepts no responsibility for Pigmen infestations.

post-2506-13375603380753_thumb.png

Can't you close them by clicking outside the modal chest screen?

just hit the inventory key to close any of those.

Just tried it, that's what I have been doing without thinking about it.

Apparently this mod is going to be incorporated (but not in the next patch) into the full game.

zHAhRl1X6T0

That looks sweet and would make for some weird contraptions. My first thought was a trash compactor that pushes blocks into lava.

Lovely! I was hoping he'd do something like the wave at the end as soon as I saw it. I can think of more aesthetic than practical uses for them :)

A friend showed me this yesterday too, and it's incredible work:

Y226Lr7m5L8

As a basic thing it's good, but the safety cutoffs and sand level indicators elevate it enormously.

It's beautifully thought through and executed.

Yeah but it's way too complicated for something that is so slow and isn't even fully automated - you still have to go replant. Hopefully someone can come up with a cooler use for the mechanism (which would be vastly simplified with the piston mod).

I see cannons being a thing with the piston mod too.

Just upgraded Craftbukkit+Essentials to fix a security flaw. Let me know if you see any problems.

That piston jump/launch function makes me envision a thing where you strip mine a place, and throw it all into a storage cart, and up a shaft into water, where it floats to your home. Not sure how minecart + water works currently, but unfortunately it used to be broken.

just hit the inventory key to close any of those.

Just tried it, that's what I have been doing without thinking about it.

Yes! That's precisely what I'm complaining about! Sorry, but, you know. Irony.

I open the chest with my mouse. I sort through things with my mouse. I neatly stockpile with my mouse. I divide things with my mouse. I move things into my inventory with my mouse... I then I have to press a key to close the damn thing.

I wish there was a take all and put all away feature for the inventory. And a sort.

I built what is basically a food vending machine off the walkway right near spawn. You can't miss it, it's got a red/yellow banner. Push the button(s) for the item(s) you want, wait a few seconds, and they'll drop down. It uses a conveyor belt so the items further back might take 10 seconds or so. If you're curious how it works, the roof is glass and there's a ladder in the back to get up there.

So basically if you need health fast and safe, teleport back to spawn and dial up some grub.

I wish there was a take all and put all away feature for the inventory.

That should be relatively easy to script as a mod; not to keep bringing Tombstone up, but they have a "quick-loot" feature where if you right click on the sign on top of the chest instead of on the chest itself it instantly gives you the entire contents of the chest. Even if you just stole that bit of code from Tombstone and changed it to work slightly differently (it also makes the chest disappear and would require a sign to be on top of the chest) it should work.

And a sort.

Not sure about that one.

Yeah! DeathSpank style!

Now I'll never play DeathSpank. What use is playing an action-RPG if you don't get to play inventory tetris all day long?

Now I'll never play DeathSpank. What use is playing an action-RPG if you don't get to play inventory tetris all day long?

Bah, you can still play inventory tetris. But the sort button does help.

An update on mapping

As some of you may have noticed, the server's been a little laggy recently. The reason for this is that c10t now requires over 1.5GB of RAM to generate each PNG map. Because it's capped at 512MB of memory usage, it has to swap most of its work out to disk. This causes the disk i/o to go through the roof, and also means the map generation takes many hours.

For the time being, I've disabled generation of maps, because I think having a game server that performs well is more important than having daily map archives.

The good news...

Implosiony pointed me at a plugin called dynmap that also uses the Google Maps API, and renders map tiles on-demand when things change in that region of the world. It also shows player positions and chat, and supports flat, isometric, and cave views, as well as supporting the nether. I think it's a good solution, even if it doesn't provide historical archives of that data.

I've update the maps section of www.idlemc.com to point to it, but you can check it directly at http://www.idlemc.com:8000

(Note: The server might be slow for the next hour or so while it does the initial render of the whole world)