MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

There's a server mod called Tombstone that places a chest at your death site with your inventory in it, plus a sign on top with your name and time of death.

This :tup:

so... wolfs don't teleport with you

Teleporting's all handled by plugins, so that's probably something they'll need to fix. If I see it show up in a newer version I'll update.

Considering the guy's now a multi-millionaire, I'm surprised progress isn't being made faster on this game. It seems they're just randomly adding features, rather than implementing a coherent plan.

Am I wrong?

Considering the guy's now a multi-millionaire, I'm surprised progress isn't being made faster on this game. It seems they're just randomly adding features, rather than implementing a coherent plan.

Am I wrong?

No you're pretty much right on.

Huh.

Well I've just looked on the official site and that's basically it: Notch is just playing the game and adding things when he thinks of them, and removing them when they're no fun.

That was fine to get going with, but he needs to step this up. Hire a beta testing team (maybe keep refreshing it with new blood) and work with them and a team of programmers to add several new features at once, based on the feedback they're getting. Work with the beta team and figure out what worked and what didn't, and keep iterating like this: At a much faster pace.

Otherwise this thing will still be being developed in 10 year's time :-/

That's my 2c anyway.

It is really bizarre to me that there is no official method for implementing plugins. I would've thought that would be more important than achievements.

Have buckets been disabled recently? can i haz bukket?

Have buckets been disabled recently? can i haz bukket?

As far as I know, buckets haven't been disabled intentionally. What behavior are you seeing? lolcats talk is less then helpful for debugging :)

As far as I know, buckets haven't been disabled intentionally. What behavior are you seeing? lolcats talk is less then helpful for debugging :)

Place water and it simply disappears.

Place water and it simply disappears.

I'll check it out. I'm using Essentials' builtin anti-griefing stuff now because the fewer plugins we run the less terrible my life is when the game gets updated, but for some reason rather than use permission nodes like everything else, their antigrief stuff relies on lists of block numbers in a separate .yml. *sigh*

Otherwise this thing will still be being developed in 10 year's time :-/

That's my 2c anyway.

...which could be the strength of the game. After a period of leaving it behind I find myself returning to Minecraft when new things have been added.

Still haven't found any wolves, though. And I've been walking for 3 day/night cycles now.

...which could be the strength of the game. After a period of leaving it behind I find myself returning to Minecraft when new things have been added.

Still haven't found any wolves, though. And I've been walking for 3 day/night cycles now.

I ran into three over by the old spawn the other day.

so do I, but adding 1 feature every 2 months or so isn't really the ideal way to do it. I'm all for just going nuts and adding tons and tons of stuff. who cares about balance? now that he's got the netcode mostly working fine now, just give us 2-3 new blocks or items or something every two weeks or so. how hard could it be, and what could it possibly hurt?

even if they're just craftable blocks that are only aesthetically different, you know? how about a few more lighting options that aren't shitty torches? maybe something that looks good?

so do I, but adding 1 feature every 2 months or so isn't really the ideal way to do it. I'm all for just going nuts and adding tons and tons of stuff. who cares about balance? now that he's got the netcode mostly working fine now, just give us 2-3 new blocks or items or something every two weeks or so. how hard could it be, and what could it possibly hurt?

even if they're just craftable blocks that are only aesthetically different, you know? how about a few more lighting options that aren't shitty torches? maybe something that looks good?

I would KILL for a directional light that was brighter than a torch. People are building all kinds of crazy structures, we need floodlights to light them.

Finally getting around to uploading some old videos

xEsSrNsQNew

Buckets should be fixed AND...

I've re-enabled the nether, since it seems to be working okay now. Find your nearest local portal and have fun.

Buckets should be fixed AND...

I've re-enabled the nether, since it seems to be working okay now. Find your nearest local portal and have fun.

Ooh. There's one at the top of TP Tower. I've never been in the Nether before. Interesting.

Ooh. There's one at the top of TP Tower. I've never been in the Nether before. Interesting.

Enjoy the horrible, soul-rending screech of the (banshee) ghasts. And the crying of the pigmen.

That place fucks with you like. . .like a place that fucks with you.

I hate the Nether.

I love the nether.™

It was such a crazy surprise to see. It successfully feels super different from the above ground world. I love it.