MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Question : how much bandwith does our server eat approximately ? :)

Probably not as much as you think. For February, 15.79 GB out, 1.42 GB in, 17.21 GB total

post-1-13375603342021_thumb.png

It's also been pretty slow on the server lately, though. /even if it weren't, the bandwidth is pooled with my other Linode instances, so there's actually quite a big total amount to work from.

Could someone grant me building credentials? I wanted to send PM to either tabacco or Kingz, but my lack of posts on this forum kind of makes it difficult to do so.

I know I'm not much of a reputable person here on the forums, but Im huge fans of Idle Thumbs, and would love if I could participate in making the Idle Thumbs Minecraft server even awesomer.

My Minecraft Handle is OldMouse. Ive already logged in everything, too.

Thanks! :worship:

Could someone grant me building credentials? I wanted to send PM to either tabacco or Kingz, but my lack of posts on this forum kind of makes it difficult to do so.

I know I'm not much of a reputable person here on the forums, but Im huge fans of Idle Thumbs, and would love if I could participate in making the Idle Thumbs Minecraft server even awesomer.

My Minecraft Handle is OldMouse. Ive already logged in everything, too.

Thanks! :worship:

Oh man, I just figured out how to make it allow offline users. You're all set up!

Awesome stuff guys, I haven't seen that server since... ages ago.

Screenshots 1 and 2.

(I added the Congrats Nick)

[ATTACH]664[/ATTACH]

Could you compile a graph that reflects the average daily population of the server in March so far?

Oh man, I just figured out how to make it allow offline users. You're all set up!

Sweet, thanks man!

EDIT: Is anyone else getting timed out when trying to connect to the server?

Edited by OldMouse

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. Sigh. Fixing now.

Edit: Fixed. It helpfully wrote out a blank permissions file on shutdown for good measure. I restored a backup from this morning, so it should be fine, but if you suddenly find yourself sans permission, let me know. I made sure everyone I granted access to last night was still okay.

Minecraft 1.4 was just released - hold off on updating if you want to connect to the Thumbs server. Otherwise, I'll try to have it updated tonight or tomorrow assuming Craftbukkit is updated by then.

Supposedly a mod API is coming in 1.5, which should make life easier times a million going forward.

Awesome! Could you add Hexans when you get a chance? Our wizard tower needs completion.

Awesome! Could you add Hexans when you get a chance? Our wizard tower needs completion.

Will do tonight! I don't have a convenient way to do it from work without restarting the server, and someone's logged in right now.

Done!

I'm working on the 1.4 upgrade right now. The server will be up and down for a little bit.

Update: I think everything's good to go now. Let me know if you run into any problems with permissions. I tested basic build stuff and it seems okay, but who knows. So much changes between these plugin updates I always end up having to make major changes to configs.

Edited by tabacco

Would it be possible to just turn off death completely?

If so, would you guys agree that it would be a great idea?

Would it be possible to just turn off death completely?

If so, would you guys agree that it would be a great idea?

Yes and no.

Incidentally, I now have the power to turn off certain types of deaths. For example, fall damage can be turned off, or creepers can be made to not explode. You name it :)

Incidentally, I now have the power to turn off certain types of deaths. For example, fall damage can be turned off, or creepers can be made to not explode. You name it :)

Turning off death completely would be pretty cool, but not being able to commit suicide just in case you got lost somewhere in the world seems like it would be a problem.

Maybe theres a way to keep deaths, but have it so you don't lose the stuff in your inventory when you die?

Turning off death completely would be pretty cool, but not being able to commit suicide just in case you got lost somewhere in the world seems like it would be a problem.

Maybe theres a way to keep deaths, but have it so you don't lose the stuff in your inventory when you die?

I don't agree with turning off death completely.

There's a server mod called Tombstone that places a chest at your death site with your inventory in it, plus a sign on top with your name and time of death.

I don't agree with turning off death completely.

There's a server mod called Tombstone that places a chest at your death site with your inventory in it, plus a sign on top with your name and time of death.

That's pretty awesome. Would anyone object to using that? There seems to be very little downside. Bonus is that then peoples' deaths would show upon the google map ;)

Also, OldMouse, if you get trapped/lost/stuck somewhere you can always use /spawn to return to spawn and /home to return to whereever you last used /sethome at.

That's pretty awesome. Would anyone object to using that? There seems to be very little downside. Bonus is that then peoples' deaths would show upon the google map ;)

They disappear after a certain amount of time, i'm pretty sure you can change it but when I played on a server that had it it lasted 2 hours or so.