MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

The link to the backup of the FIRST EPOCH doesn't work.

Sorry, I have those backups, I'll try to make that section of the idlemc.com site work tonight, so you can have backups galore :)

Just to be sure, I didn't bold "First Epoch" to imply that I'm angry the link doesn't work; I did it to reference the way Kingzjester has "Fourth Epoch" written in the OP.

Just to be sure, I didn't bold "First Epoch" to imply that I'm angry the link doesn't work; I did it to reference the way Kingzjester has "Fourth Epoch" written in the OP.

Oh, I thought you meant to imply reverb :)

Hey everyone, been away from the game for a few updates and sorry if this isn't totally multiplayer related, but I came across this in a mine under my lake:

picture.php?albumid=9&pictureid=34

So previously, that kind of thing meant smothering death if you so much as looked at it the wrong way. I'd avoid it but there's iron adjacent to it. The thing that gives me hope is that I've heard that there's sandstone now. So, is that what this is? Is it going to try and kill me?

I think it may be a glitch... It may decide that it wants to kill you when you start mining around. EXPERIMENT!

Remove a block of it and see if it all falls on you :)

I went up and just started placing cobblestones under it. I started to feel safe after placing about 5 blocks, then BAM! Cave in! Somehow I didn't die though. Two blocks passed through me before I was able to move away. Something was definitely different about that, I've had that happen before and been hopelessly stuck, suffocating.

it would've looked cool if it was a huge area.

sandstone won't fall but looks slightly different than sand (it's kind of the sand version of cobblestone). I've heard some people have seen it "in nature" but i haven't yet.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling that I would only see natural sandstone in a freshly rolled world, or maybe when I explore new areas in the one I'm using. Coincidentally, the world I'm using just happens to be the very first world I rolled, many months ago. Nothing else I've generated since has been nearly as interesting.

Yeah, I'm starting to get the feeling that I would only see natural sandstone in a freshly rolled world, or maybe when I explore new areas in the one I'm using. Coincidentally, the world I'm using just happens to be the very first world I rolled, many months ago. Nothing else I've generated since has been nearly as interesting.

You're basically right. Once they're rolled, chunks don't change. Stuff like sandstone would only occur in chunks generated after changes to the terrain generation code.

I've found this too, at least near spawn, new worlds don't seem to exhibit the grand peaks and overhangs that I saw when I first got MC in octoberish.

If you explore a bit you can still find crazy shit in new worlds.

Best idea ever. I hope the wolves will attack evil mobs without you having to deal damage to them first. Especially helpful if they detect creepers before you do.

Figured I would check this out, still feels sorely inadequate to Dwarf Fortress, but we'll see.

Is there any reason my noob butt can't connect to the server?

Can't a creeper blow up and take out your whole pack then? Unacceptable.

We'll just make a puppy farm with a puppy dispenser.

Figured I would check this out, still feels sorely inadequate to Dwarf Fortress, but we'll see.

You don't have to play it.

Didn't mean for my comments to be so negative, because minecraft is neat and cool, but apart of me wants it to be dwarf fortress since it's mildly similar.

Just interesting that this took off and DF didn't, probably do to it being easier to understand and 3d. And really, minecraft could eventually get there, as long as I can administer a little civilization brewing booze, I'd be content, hehe.

I just started playing Minecraft after hearing a ton about it at PAX. Could I get permission to build? My login is Quixotist.

I just started playing Minecraft after hearing a ton about it at PAX. Could I get permission to build? My login is Quixotist.

The current version of our auth plugin doesn't let me add users unless they're currently online. I was going to try to upgrade it last night, but my DSL at home has been out for 2 days now, so I can't ssh in except through my phone (NOT the way to do server work :)). Sorry this is taking so long :(