MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

yeah, supposedly. Although el muerte, tabacco and I were all standing in a cave and only el muerte saw these supposed slimes.

As of Beta 1.3, slimes in multiplayer that split will only be visible to the player that caused them to split. Because of this, the will not take any damage. Because they are located on the client's side, the player can only remove the slimes by exiting and re-entering the server.

Maybe that caused it?

Yeah, I was wandering in some tunnels on a different server the other night, thought "What's that sound?", saw slimes for the first time and was almost immediately killed by them. They're still around.

Someone else on that server corroborates what Thompson says above: they're client side only, and as a result invincible.

the slimes were there, so were 2 squids but I killed the squids

They were out of the water, so they would have died anyway, I just saved them from a long and paidfull death.

Just fixed the maps script (it died for unknown reasons) but Google Maps are broken again. Sorry :(

What the hell? I just logged in to find a zombie riding one of the booster carts at a subway station.

post-1-13375603340743_thumb.jpg

Maybe empty carts now scoop up things? Maybe someone died in that cart and came back to unlife?

Mobs have been cart-put-in-able for ages and days.

Also, Doug, what texture pack is that? It's fantastic.

Notch wrote an interesting article about terrain generation and posted it on Tumblr.

EDIT: Also, since Jake mentioned idlemc on the podcast, we need to get a sign up near the spawn that tells people to register here.

Edited by Wubbles

I updated the MOTD. Also, I tried to class up www.idlemc.com a bit (to the extent of my limited CSS skill)

Bonus: The website now lists online players. Found a plugin that lets me export it as JSON :)

Edited by tabacco

Uhh, not sure how this goes down, but any chance of a place on the whitelist for me and a friend? The name's Implosiony and Hexans. Thanks!

Hey, I really dug that graphic I made for the old idlemc, why did we knock it down?

Uhh, not sure how this goes down, but any chance of a place on the whitelist for me and a friend? The name's Implosiony and Hexans. Thanks!

Done! Welcome :)

Hey, I really dug that graphic I made for the old idlemc, why did we knock it down?

Sorry man, in order to get the maps and stuff up there I needed a more content-ey layout. I should still have the old site backed up, though.

I have a psd somewhere, I can make it fit the new design. Will do that when I get a sec. Any objections to me editing the site files? Like, they won't be overwritten by your sync process or anything?

I have a psd somewhere, I can make it fit the new design. Will do that when I get a sec. Any objections to me editing the site files? Like, they won't be overwritten by your sync process or anything?

Do you mind waiting 'til tonight? I'd like to get this stuff in git first and I don't have time right now.

I wasn't planning on doing it until maybe later in the weekend. Is git really necessary tho? Seems like overkill.

I wasn't planning on doing it until maybe later in the weekend. Is git really necessary tho? Seems like overkill.

git may be overkill, but an accidental rm ruins all :)

So are any of you guys ever online? :( I've dropped in 4-5 times now at various times of the day/week and still have never seen another person on.

Also, is this a survival server? Was all this stuff built by hand or was it edited/hacked in? It's no fun if I can just summon piles of gold and diamond out of thin air!

We're online with varying frequency; there aren't that many of us. Also, it is a survival server and none of the buildings were created with hacked blocks.

I've been having a big problem with the client simply being unusable. Logging in to the main menu and maximizing, the framerate goes to about 1/2 a frame an hour. I've downloaded a new version of Java and the Minecraft client, but it hasn't made a difference.

Don't get it.