MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Think it might be messed up again, it's acting like it was last night.

Looks fine from here :(

Post a traceroute if you could.

For the record, I haven't seen any of these problems so I can't be of much help.

Hey Doug, did you figure out the Nether thing?

Yep, find yourself a portal :)

I randomly can't destroy blocks sometimes. Within the same session I can be unable to, move 12 blocks, and be able to. Maybe it's a chunk thing?

And in areas where I haven't been in a bit, I can't destroy new blocks but I can destroy old ones.

Edited by Squid Division

Yeah, I can reproduce it now. Looks like it may be a craftbukkit thing, so we can't do much 'til they fix it.

Looks good now, let me know how it's working for you. (Note: Your position at login will have been reset to where you were before last night). If you lost any inventory, let me know and I'll replace it.

Phew I did a bit of work on my swimming pool last night but it's still there.

Yeah, I can reproduce it now. Looks like it may be a craftbukkit thing, so we can't do much 'til they fix it.

Would it be out of the question to run a vanilla MC server without mods, as there is now whitelist functionality in the official release?

Nether, sweet! Will check this out at some point tonight, when I get home pissed as a fart.

Would it be out of the question to run a vanilla MC server without mods, as there is now whitelist functionality in the official release?

Nether, sweet! Will check this out at some point tonight, when I get home pissed as a fart.

It's probably not going to happen. I think people (including myself) are fans of things like /sethome, /home, etc that come from the mod. So does the Nether, for that matter :)

Any idea how /home will work in the nether? Will it bring you back to your regular place or will it create a separate home in the nether?

I think (but have no evidence to back it up) that there are separate /homes for each world.

*sigh* This now appears to be a problem in 1.3 itself, as people are reporting the same issue with vanilla servers as well. So instead of the Bukkit guys fixing it in a couple of hours, we may be stuck waiting days+ for Mojang to do something about it.

Feel free to upvote the issue at GetSatisfaction:

http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/smp_invincible_blocks_not_at_spawn

oh hey there's a shock. we certainly didn't see the new map format causing bugs, did we?

I'm seeing lag now too. Like, if i eat food, it will take 5-10 seconds to register on my health.

I mean, null chunks were less than ideal, but i don't think this was the way to try to fix it.

oh hey there's a shock. we certainly didn't see the new map format causing bugs, did we?

I'm seeing lag now too. Like, if i eat food, it will take 5-10 seconds to register on my health.

I mean, null chunks were less than ideal, but i don't think this was the way to try to fix it.

The new chunk format shouldn't affect health, it's purely about storing more chunks/file to use the file system more efficiently (the old way, one file per chunk, was insanely stupid). Again, if you're seeing legitimate lag, please post a traceroute to idlemc.com.

Apparently every engineer at Mojang is in town for GDC right now, which means this probably won't be fixed for at least a week, unless the Bukkit team can figure out a path on their end.

Apparently every engineer at Mojang is in town for GDC right now, which means this probably won't be fixed for at least a week, unless the Bukkit team can figure out a path on their end.

Eeeeeee. They're going to catch so much flak for that it's not even funny. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Eeeeeee. They're going to catch so much flak for that it's not even funny. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Guessing it's also the reason minecraft.net has been down all day.

By the way, annoying block breaking bug aside, the server is still very much usable in the meantime. Anvil and I finished the road out to the Roman city, and I secured a bunch of the ground level area by Old Spawn.

Also, maps should be generating again. Google maps are still broken, though, I haven't had a chance to try and debug yet. Google Maps should more or less work. I need to re-add the code to show popups when clicking markers. For now, they just have tooltips on mouseover.

Edited by tabacco

there's a whole network of tunnels below my floating islands; it even contained some slimes

Notch confirmed in Coesquest's livestream that slimes have been returned as of Beta 1.2_01, but are very rare.

In Beta 1.3, the spawn rate of slimes increased greatly.

They are around.