MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Just a reminder to people that if you use the server and haven't donated to cover my costs running it, this would be a good time to consider it. This is the last month I have donations to cover. I'm happy to cover a month or two myself, but beyond that it's going to depend on donations to keep things going.

http://idlemc.com/donate/

(For those who don't know, I also host Idle Thumbs itself on my dime, so there's a definite limit to my monthly server costs :))

Just a reminder to people that if you use the server and haven't donated to cover my costs running it, this would be a good time to consider it. This is the last month I have donations to cover. I'm happy to cover a month or two myself, but beyond that it's going to depend on donations to keep things going.

http://idlemc.com/donate/

(For those who don't know, I also host Idle Thumbs itself on my dime, so there's a definite limit to my monthly server costs :))

;( I'm currently unemployed, so I can't donate much, but I'd hate to see the server go. Suggested donation amounts?

;( I'm currently unemployed, so I can't donate much, but I'd hate to see the server go. Suggested donation amounts?

Anything helps, really. Either way, I'm not going to just cut it off at the end of the month, I'm happy to keep it up for a couple of months donation-free, because I play on it too :)

:| Whitelists? What is this? Is that a new thing or was I removed from the list? :o (jazz_carrot)

You're in the permissions file as having build permission... what behaviors are you seeing when you log in?

Also: Thanks to an especially generous (but anonymous) donor, I am set for a couple of months now. Thanks anonymous person!

I was not able to connect and it said I was on the whitelist... But it seems to work now. It is possible that I pasted a different IP (oops). Though now I'm just getting Connection timed out: connect... Which is probably just unrelated and will solve it's self later.

Yeah, the DNS name is probably quite a bit easier than trying to remember IPs :)

Yep, the DNS name provides 30% more space efficiency than the IP address.

My first free time to mine in the Now Compliant MCidle server, and my free BTTF The GameTM Episode 1 eats up my game time with all of its gratuitous cut-scenes. Let's see if I can manage not to stay up until 5 am hacking pointlessly at an 8-bit texture.

Thanks to all the recent donors! That should keep us going for a few more months!

In other news, everyone should go grab the new version of the launcher from minecraft.net, which no longer does client updates without asking. That way the next time there's an update, you can keep using the Thumbs server until I'm able to get it updated.

Avoid updating the client if you can. I'll try to get the server going tonight when I get home (probably late)

I haven't had a chance to look into it updating it yet, because I'm at work. Bukkit doesn't adhere to a stable/dev branch system, so it's a matter of looking through Hudson to find a relatively stable build, then trying to find stable versions of the plugins that also work against that build. It takes some time.

Looks like CraftBukkit has a build up, but then they just tweeted "Note that 1.3 isn't stable, it may put monsters under your bed! (Known bugs: Placing beds causes bad things to happen)" so that's not reassuring. I'll check on it when I get home and see if things are looking more stable.

I haven't had a chance to look into it updating it yet, because I'm at work. Bukkit doesn't adhere to a stable/dev branch system, so it's a matter of looking through HudsonJenkins to find a relatively stable build, then trying to find stable versions of the plugins that also work against that build. It takes some time.

fixed that for ya

fixed that for ya

Ech... you see one difficult to navigate CI system, you've seen them all.

Okay, the server is *mostly* updated, but one critical plugin doesn't work with CraftBukkit builds >400 yet. The dev claims he'll have a new build up in the morning, so I have to leave the server down overnight. Sorry :(

The good news is, apart from that, everything seems to work fine, though fire is "fixed" again (wood won't burn forever anymore if surrounded). Though you can now use /world to jump to the nether (portals still don't work, it just operates as a teleport). Also: the speed of chunk loading seems markedly improved, and ambient occlusion is now officially in the game, not just a client mod.