MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

I'm fine with that, but I know others were against spawning nether materials. Anyone care?

Nevermind, I ended up reverting back. The new version of Essentials had some bugs, and the old version wouldn't work with the new Craftbukkit build, so I reverted that back as well. All should be as it was, and people who don't understand what "Stable Release" means shouldn't use CI systems as their primary download page.

NO CHEATING

Really? Spawning material that is otherwise unaccessible is cheating? What does it even matter?

Who burned down the wooden shed on one of the Na Pali islands?

Or do burning skeletons/zombies now also set fire on wood?

I think it's a false alarm. I think the fire on top of of the hill behind the shed spread towards the shed.

I think I found a non-crappy anti-fire plugin. BAsically, everything should be allowed, but fire will never spread beyond any blocks you light on fire. So forest fires are still a possibility, but only for a very committed arsonist.

What's in the next update:

Wooden and cobble stone half blocks to add some more options for your designs.

New save file format. With the new format, loading is now seven times faster.

On top of that, the number of files for each saved world is drastically decreased. This new format will not destroy your current saves, as they will be converted the first time they are loaded.

New Minecraft launcher. This is a great communication tool for us as we will be able to give you guys important information directly in the launcher.

Various bug fixes!

New block! This is a sweet one for you red stone junkies. A block that acts as a signal carrier, much like red stone. But on top of that, it also acts as a repeater AND a programmable delayer.

Secret update! Oh, yes. There will be that as well.

And thanks Tobacco for the warp fix.

New save file format. With the new format, loading is now seven times faster.

On top of that, the number of files for each saved world is drastically decreased. This new format will not destroy your current saves, as they will be converted the first time they are loaded.

What are the odds this is broken in SMP? :)

i'm actually kind of glad notch is doing "big picture" stuff now and jahkob is handling a lot of feature updates, because his stuff seems to be less buggy and more interesting in general.

i'm actually kind of glad notch is doing "big picture" stuff now and jahkob is handling a lot of feature updates, because his stuff seems to be less buggy and more interesting in general.

Agreed... stuff that updates the chunks on disk makes me nervous, though. At least with the server there's no autoupdate, so I can do a backup beforehand.

Do boosters not work like they did on the last server? No matter what way I spin the booster, the redstone always messes it up. Does anyone have a working one on the server I can look at?

Do boosters not work like they did on the last server? No matter what way I spin the booster, the redstone always messes it up. Does anyone have a working one on the server I can look at?

yeah go to my house in New Haven, there's a working one there.

Holy crap! There's been some major developments in New Haven...... I'm scared to think how long they must have taken! The airplane... the chateax of unknown origins... the Scumm Bar! Wow!

Is it just me or are the renders on idlemc not working right? I'm guessing it's just me.

Is it just the Google one? I upgraded c10t last night, and it may have broken. I'll look into it tonight when I get home.

The google one is is black with the tools displayed over it, the pngs are also not working. They 'load' but are completely white.

Awesome. I'll look into it... one of the changelog items for c10t was some png optimization... could be that whatever they did now makes pngcrush angry.

Also: When the server version that changes how chunks are saved comes out, renders will definitely be broken until c10t is updated to handle them.

Works for me...?

I'm messing with Google maps generation right now. the PNGs should be fine, they're just bigger because pngcrush now fails to optimize them. I'll look into that later.

Update: Google maps remain broken, sorry. Trying to figure out why, as the tiles seem fine, and I haven't touched the HTML/JS.

Edited by tabacco

Holy crap! There's been some major developments in New Haven...... I'm scared to think how long they must have taken! The airplane... the chateax of unknown origins... the Scumm Bar! Wow!

the airplane came together over two days and i'm not happy at all with it, but i'm also not really keen to fix it either.

the airplane came together over two days and i'm not happy at all with it, but i'm also not really keen to fix it either.

I like it! The attention to detail is great... although it's getting a little closer to my tower.