sugar = reeds on crafting grid

dye = comes from many things. flowers, ink, blocks

lapis lazuli = new ore. only works as blue dye right now

spiders climb walls now :(

DISPENSER =

stone stone stone

stone bow stone

stone redstone stone

fires arrows and ejects items placed inside it. can be operated by switches, etc

multicolored sheep

cake =

milk milk milk

sugar egg sugar

wheat wheat wheat

cake is placed like a block and is eaten with rmb. has about 6 slices

skeletons drop bones now. bones can make bonemeal which is a dye and supposedly a fertilizer (haven't tried it yet)

music blocks =

wood wood wood

wood redstone wood

wood wood wood

tune with rmb, play with lmb. makes different sounds depending on what type of block it's sitting on

new tree types (don't act differently)

charcoal = smelting wood. apparently acts just like coal

This is all really neat stuff. I wonder what all the dyes are. What can you use them for? Just dying wool/spiderwebblocks?

Oh god no. At least Na Pali Haven is safe from spiders. But Haven isn't, and the sky-roads are in danger.

do fences still stop them?

I think Notch revels in having his million residents scurry and panic every time he changes the way the world works... I would still imagine that spiders will not be able to walk on ceilings, so put eaves on top of all your walls.

Alright, I'm done with MineCraft. My arachnophobia cannot deal with that shit. :hmph:

just wool, and here's a chart

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Wool_Dyes

oh and i got my wish and paintings work in SMP now. get to decorating!

so since it looks like hmod is essentially dead (being replaced by this http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/welcome-to-the-bukkit-project.5/ ), what does that mean for the server? i'm looking right now to see if old hmod works with this update

also better lighting/minimap has already been updated: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=55700 :clap:

Heh, when is domestication going to become a thing? I need to be able to make a courtyard full of technicolor sheep.

I hope spiders only climb to reach a player above them. I would not want to enter a dark cavern and have a giant spider fall on my head because I happened to walk beneath one that was just hanging around on the wall at the time.

So does all of this actually work?

Edit:

From what I'm hearing it does. Can't wait to get on the server and try out lots of new block colors and types. It might be a big enough update to get more people back on.

Definitely gonna have to build a squid refuge to protect them from you asshole poachers. Now to fit them with saddles and make a mounted squid division....

Edited by Squid Division

Waiting on an hmod update before updating the server. Unfortunately, it sounds like hmod is a dead project, so I'm hoping for an unofficial build from someone on the team. Its replacement, Bukkit, apparently isn't stable yet.

\

Definitely gonna have to build a squid refuge to protect them from you asshole poachers. Now to fit them with saddles and make a mounted squid division....

like sheep, you dont have to kill the squid to get their goodies.

bummer about the hmod/bukkit situation. hopefully it wont take too long

Looking forward to having some time to jump back into the world. The saddest part of my day is knowing I'm too tried to log on and dig my sphere a little deeper

Looking forward to having some time to jump back into the world. The saddest part of my day is knowing I'm too tried to log on and dig my sphere a little deeper

Incidentally, I'm not sure where you were when you logged out last night, but you may want to /spawn as soon as you login to avoid falling to your death :)

Hmm, I haven't been able to login for almost 2 days now... Anyone else getting a java.io.UTFDataFormatException, or is it just me?

Still waiting on either an updated hmod (which may not happen) or a stable-enough build of craftbukkit.

I am really bothered by the bukk([a-z]+) thing. My mind fails to notice what $1 is, it just makes me automatically think of horrible things.

Apparently the bukkit guys were going to do one last hmod update since they aren't ready yet. Problem is, the code has changed too much and they had to bail on it to focus on bukkit. Guess we have to wait. Hope it's not long.

Okay, because there seems to be no stable hmod update forthcoming, and Bukkit seems to be mired in some legal issues with Mojang, we're going ot keep running the 1.1 server for now, sorry. You can follow the instructions from my earlier post to get connected for the time being by downgrading your client to 1.1.