MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Man, some rad stuff on the server. I should go explore some more before we nuke it. It is really odd how now I cannot base jump off of mountains and live. Will take a little bit of getting used to.

So! Do we want to schedule a time when more of us get together and try out a couple of servers? I am PROBABLY free all of this week, no work etc. Who else wants to be there as well, and when do we want to do it?

as mentioned before, i'm unemployed again now so i'm in lock-down money saving mode. that and it's too cold and windy out to do anything. i'm free at any time.

as far as i'm concerned, the sooner the better :)

oh i certainly hope so. otherwise i'd feel terrible :(

that said, it does seem like progress has slowed a lot except for the train stuff, which by the way is amazing and works really well now. that should be really useful if we're going to have to mine a lot, provided we find a way to keep the tracks clean of critters.

whichever one of you mad scientists built the launch mechanisms has my full respect.

sorry, i'm kind of amped on this. i kind of hope we don't have to wait until saturday?

I think the sooner the better too.

And backups will be made, just like with the other world.

I say if we can arrange 3-4+ people and herr tabacco is available, we do it this afternoon/tonight. all we really need is people to be around for (possibly) a few rolls to do some cursory exploration and find an interesting world. and hopefully all that should take is an area with some water, mountains, and dirt (not sand)

everything else can happen at its own pace

Also, we should look into hooking this one up:

http://toolchain.eu/minecraft/c10t/

Seems to be a good tool... We can set up a cron job to crank them out so that we don't have to rely on deadbeat cartographers. :tup:

They offer binaries, but I don't feel competent enough to try to install it.

I left you a .tar.bz2 in your home directory :)

For the record, from the service directory:

tar jcvf ~/thumbs_`date +%Y%m%d`.tar.bz2 thumbs

See, I've been running this:

tar -cvjf /opt/web/lighttpd/thumbsBak_`date +%Y%m%d%H%M`.tar.bz2 /opt/services/minecraft/thumbs

Which is the same thing... but then it gives me this error after churning forever:

/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/v/
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/v/c.-o.2n.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/v/c.-o.-x.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/v/c.-o.v.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/v/c.14.v.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/v/c.14.-x.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/v/c.-2g.2n.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/14/
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/14/c.-o.-o.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/14/c.-2g.-o.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/14/c.-o.14.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/14/c.-2g.2w.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/14/c.14.14.dat
/opt/services/minecraft/thumbs/14/14/c.14.-o.dat
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

It still makes tar.bz2 file...

Oh nice... I'll look at getting c10t set up tonight. As for re-rolling, tonight would work for me, if it works for everyone else (Cautionary note: I am in California, which is probably a different definition of 'tonight' from most of you :))

I say if we can arrange 3-4+ people and herr tabacco is available, we do it this afternoon/tonight.

what's that in UTC?

I'm in UTC+1; but I have vacation so I can take a break from playing games ;)

Ugh, boost is an ultrapain to build. it's still compiling, so the server may be a bit slow until it's done.

Edit: Whoops, just noticed there are binary builds of c10t. That's much easier :)

Edited by tabacco

So, we're going to move spawn instead of starting a new world?

Can we clear people's /home and empty their inventories and chests?

Item cloning, and item-user reset have been fixed. There should be a clean start.

I have absolutely nothing to do tonight. Also in california so if you setup a time I will warn the fiance in advance to leave me the heck alone.

The consensus seems to be to roll a whole new world. Plus, I'm not actually sure it's possible to move the spawn to random coordinates without physically walking there first.

I am back in my native environment now, so I am good to jump in whenever. If we can build a new world tonight, count me in!

I'm fine with that. The others here (here being in my house) will have company over, but I can blame my misanthropy for not partaking of the festivities.

Strike the earth!

I'm fine with that. The others here (here being in my house) will have company over, but I can blame my misanthropy for not partaking of the festivities.

Strike the earth!

this is the first day i've had in like 3 weeks where i wasn't surrounded by people. it's nice. misanthropy ahoy!

6PM my time work for all? That's 9PM Eastern, or 2AM UTC (sorry)

Swatch Internet Time:

@083.beats