MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

What is the toot block supposed to be? Something new? Reeds?

If I'm reading this right, you can rig up a music machine with redstone. Awesome.

It looks like a sixth grade Leonardo Da Vinci engineering the first Woopie Cushion. All it needs is "beans are the key!" to be written and underlined in the margin.

What is the toot block supposed to be? Something new? Reeds?

It does kind of look like reeds. I guess that'd fit with a pipe organ :)

Great, I'll be able to make synth music in block form.

The world feels so empty, those toots will be my only friends

Oh my goodness. It appears from that drawing that the cobblestone block goes UNTS! Which if I'm not mistaken, translates to OONCE in English onomatopoeia!

I'm putting a night club in my basement, if true!

OONCE OONCE OONCE OONCE

Ah, It seems from his twits that notch is planning on making the portals in smp always transfer you to another server. Servers can run in nether mode, so you could in theory have a criss-crossing of portals across tons of different servers, including nether servers.

This is really interesting to me from a design viewpoint as it effectively turns minecraft into a distributed massively multiplayer game, where you could theoretically bump into anyone of the 700k people+ who owns the game simply by traversing these portals.

Minecraft makes my head explode.:knoweverything:

This is really interesting to me from a design viewpoint as it effectively turns minecraft into a distributed massively multiplayer game, where you could theoretically bump into anyone of the 700k people+ who owns the game simply by traversing these portals.

agreed, I just hope he gives an easy way to save multiple server addresses if you start stumbling upon cool places rapid fire.

I am somewhat disappointed there is no hell in SMP... I don't really see myself playing much single player again... MP is so much more substantial and experience. Maybe we can get a sister site of some sort to run a hell server?

I am somewhat disappointed there is no hell in SMP... I don't really see myself playing much single player again... MP is so much more substantial and experience. Maybe we can get a sister site of some sort to run a hell server?

i just had the same thought for a private server that i run with my old college buddies. hopefully Notch will come up with some easy way to designate which IP each portal goes to. It would be cool to have a dedicated hell server linking in with the standard world. Maybe he'll add more controls for the biomes so you could have servers that are all desert or all snow or whatever...

Ah, It seems from his twits that notch is planning on making the portals in smp always transfer you to another server.

Less enthusiastic about this. Not that it isn't a sweet idea.

1. Minecraft without editing permissions is not Minecraft at all.

2. Having your server polluted with infinite cock-and-balls is worse.

Which is a huge problem with this networking thing. Not an unsolvable problem though.

It's pretty lonely in Thumbstopia right now. IF you're all bummed out by our current world, I would gladly support a new migration.

To Whom it May Concern:

Please do not add any "improvements" to the JR lines booster systems, you are breaking it in the process

I'd be on if I had some inspiration. I'd build my own railroad but I don't know how to dupe, so I'd never have enough iron to make it all the way back to spawn from our fortress.

I'd still very much like to see mobs turned on.

I miss the first world ;( and wouldn't mind a reroll. Something to get the number of people back on that there used to be.

agreed, I just hope he gives an easy way to save multiple server addresses if you start stumbling upon cool places rapid fire.

I get the feeling notch prefers stuff like that to be in-game, so say you could make a world with portals to all your favorite servers or some shit

i just had the same thought for a private server that i run with my old college buddies. hopefully Notch will come up with some easy way to designate which IP each portal goes to. It would be cool to have a dedicated hell server linking in with the standard world. Maybe he'll add more controls for the biomes so you could have servers that are all desert or all snow or whatever...

I'd guess the interface for entering sign text would be a good template. biomes are pretty configurable with mods, and notch seems to be way more open to server mods, he said he's gonna add API support in beta

Less enthusiastic about this. Not that it isn't a sweet idea.

1. Minecraft without editing permissions is not Minecraft at all.

2. Having your server polluted with infinite cock-and-balls is worse.

Which is a huge problem with this networking thing. Not an unsolvable problem though.

I know just the man for the job!

To Whom it May Concern:

Please do not add any "improvements" to the JR lines booster systems, you are breaking it in the process

I didn't go near it.

(edit: actually I did ride and enjoy it, I just didn't try and em improve it)

I'd be on if I had some inspiration. I'd build my own railroad but I don't know how to dupe, so I'd never have enough iron to make it all the way back to spawn from our fortress.

I'd still very much like to see mobs turned on.

I miss the first world ;( and wouldn't mind a reroll. Something to get the number of people back on that there used to be.

Inspiration can come from the strangest places. All of the worlds are infinite practically.

I tried to take the train to the winter wonderland, but I guess the mechanism was already borked at the time.

I tried to take the train to the winter wonderland, but I guess the mechanism was already borked at the time.

Issue Resolved!

For future notice, if you need to reset the booster system on the wonderline, make sure you use a double booster.

I just made some improvements to the Wonderland station, which involved moving the launch button to the other side of the track. I did verify everything still works, though.

The changes made to the Winter Wonderland side look really great. It's like a real station now.

The changes made to the Winter Wonderland side look really great. It's like a real station now.

Hey, I rerouted your booster system at Wonderland to put the booster track on the other side and reduce the time it takes to boost (since the button is reachable from in the cart). Just tested it and everything seems to work fine, but wanted to let you know.