MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

I do love how these patches come so close to letting me make the transit system of my dreams, but always at the cost of some other feature.

Would you have any interest in helping me accelleration/stops w/the Wonderland line? Or at least showing me the basics so I can keep working

Edited by Jake

Would you have any interest in helping me accelleration/stops w/the Wonderland line? Or at least showing me the basics so I can keep working

My friend, it would be my pleasure.

The latest patch has broken my auto booster system. Whenever I log off and back on, I find a minecart embedded in the wall.

edit:

On the plus side, minecarts are destructible now.

Edited by jennoa

The latest patch has broken my auto booster system. Whenever I log off and back on, I find a minecart embedded in the wall.

edit:

On the plus side, minecarts are destructible now.

I found those unreliable even in single player. I ended up making one long single track that connects my 3 main points of interest. Right at each end I have a booster with a ramp that resets itself. Along the way I just have one single booster that just toggles back and forth on a flat piece of track, that way its always at the ready for my inevitable return trip. That one is right in front of the middle POI, if I'm headed there, I just have to hop off a little in advance so the cart slows before hitting the booster. Its quick and easy to get back to the booster and set it for the direction I wish to travel in afterwards. Only problem though, for a multiplayer server, if its ever in the wrong direction from someone else doing something it'll pretty much stop you dead.

All in all, I can't wait till he programs in a matchbox double wheel launcher block.

Edited by Chuckpebble
Run on sentences like a boss!

I found those unreliable even in single player. I ended up making one long single track that connects my 3 main points of interest. Right at each end I have a booster with a ramp that resets itself. Along the way I just have one single booster that just toggles back and forth on a flat piece of track, that way its always at the ready for my inevitable return trip. That one is right in front of the middle POI, if I'm headed there, I just have to hop off a little in advance so the cart slows before hitting the booster. Its quick and easy to get back to the booster and set it for the direction I wish to travel in afterwards. Only problem though, for a multiplayer server, if its ever in the wrong direction from someone else doing something it'll pretty much stop you dead.

All in all, I can't wait till he programs in a matchbox double wheel launcher block.

That's essentially what I am doing for the long stretches of track between stations, and yeah, it works without problem. The issue arrives at restarting the train once it has stopped at the station. I've never had any issues with my old booster style until the last few days, so until this bug is ironed out I'll need to experiment some.

Dear SysAdmin,

I was thinking about expanding the JR line, but my maps of the area are old and inaccurate. I was hoping to commission a survey team to re-catalog our great lands.

Love,

Jennoa

I... um... no longer have access to the server because Doug made the server more secure and I still haven't sent him my key. Sorry! I'll get on it in a bit.

A new day in mass transit. I have setup a train station at Jake's tower in Winter Wonderland. It is currently one way, from Wonderland -> Community Center, but that will change eventually.

Although I had thought I'd overcome it, the disappearing mine cart bug has reared it's head again. The system works, I just need to put up signs reminding people to check the boosters before going for a ride.

A Lymeric maybe.

If the cart ain't a boostin'

don't... come a.... roostin'?

Yeah, no that still needs to be work shopped.

post-3257-13375603320598_thumb.png

The booster carts were there for me and it worked amazingly well. That was awesome!

Exploring minecraft for the first time. Killed myself with lava. So I wrote a sign that says "Lava is never the answer" and put it near the danger.

This game is the best, and I don't know why.

Also I wrecked a square of somebody's sweet lava river. I'll fix it as soon as I can find some diamond.

This game is the best, and I don't know why.

Welcome to the beast that is Minecraft.

Wonderland outgoing line keeps coming up a little short even if i start the cart at the far back of the booster section. Inbound makes it all the way no problem without even slowing down.

I tried to knock out a new map, but the tarring of the world folder kept erroring out. Maybe it is too huge? I guess we should think of some server-side solution.

Wonderland outgoing line keeps coming up a little short even if i start the cart at the far back of the booster section. Inbound makes it all the way no problem without even slowing down.

That's odd. How far away from the end are you when it stops?

I tried to knock out a new map, but the tarring of the world folder kept erroring out. Maybe it is too huge? I guess we should think of some server-side solution.

A shame, I was so looking forward to the new maps. I'll just have to slow down the rail line expansion plans until we can figure out what to do about this.