MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

So... do we want to start another world sometime soon? :shifty:

why don't we just move the spawn? we can always put a warp back to olde thumbsland?

or we can start anew, i don't particularly care

we could just move it to winter wonderland, that's pretty far from spawn, right? or maybe mt hoatzin?

i got a job and now i'm too tired to interact:P can't wait to see the place when i have an hour some day.

why don't we just move the spawn? we can always put a warp back to olde thumbsland?

or we can start anew, i don't particularly care

we could just move it to winter wonderland, that's pretty far from spawn, right? or maybe mt hoatzin?

I kinda like this idea. We can eventually build an intercontinental underground rail to the old world. Those who want can stay where they are now, those who want a new world can move.

Just updated the server. Health is working, and for the moment until people decide what they want, monsters are turned off.

Also: added Rossaluss to the list.

Alright, minecart terrain redrawing has resolved. I can get back to work creating the greatest rail system in Thumbtopia.

Edit:

Never mind, new bug has reared its ugly head. Now, when you reach the edge of the draw distance the minecart will disappear dropping you half way into the block bellow where the cart vanishes. Approximately 30 seconds later the cart will reappear two spaces ahead of you and continue on its way with the original momentum from before.

Another issues is that until you re-enter the cart you will be unable to interact with other mine carts. Like not being able to push them for example.

As an added bonus all the minecarts I had laid down before hand have vanished. All of them, except for 2 that were in the immediate vicinity of my above test.

Edited by jennoa

Alright, minecart terrain redrawing has resolved. I can get back to work creating the greatest rail system in Thumbtopia.

Edit:

Never mind, new bug has reared its ugly head. Now, when you reach the edge of the draw distance the minecart will disappear dropping you half way into the block bellow where the cart vanishes. Approximately 30 seconds later the cart will reappear two spaces ahead of you and continue on its way with the original momentum from before.

Another issues is that until you re-enter the cart you will be unable to interact with other mine carts. Like not being able to push them for example.

As an added bonus all the minecarts I had laid down before hand have vanished. All of them, except for 2 that were in the immediate vicinity of my above test.

if you're talking about the ones in my basement, sorry that was me. if not: carry on.

No, I was talking about the ones for my roller coaster, as well as the train depot, and some others scattered around my area. I think about 12 minecarts in total up and vanished for me.

Maybe we can reset the server again with monsters and middle-of-the-road survival when Beta proper begins?

:tup:s, :tdown:s ?

If we're going to start over with survival, I like the idea of moving the spawn really really far away, and leaving the ruins of our former city lost somewhere.

That does sound like fun, but maybe that is something that we can do post launch? When the biomes are lush and more meaningful? I guess we can do a dry run of it now, see how it goes.

yeah, I vote move the spawn and turn on monsters.

Are portals and the nether working on the server?

I built a portal and it didn't do anything.

A portal and nether fortress to link two really far apart realms of thumb would be neat.

A portal and nether fortress to link two really far apart realms of thumb would be neat.

Nether realm will still crash a sever if enabled.

I am for whatever, as long as I can still build shit, I'm good.

I agree

Random question for anyone that has played single player for a length of time. Can the Zombles trigger your floor pad switches for doors?

Yes. They can be trapped. They don't know how to use switches and levers, I don't think.

Yes. They can be trapped. They don't know how to use switches and levers, I don't think.

Correct, there are no "intelligent" mobs yet.

Looks like this morning's non-mandatory patch makes minecarts work over long distances. Unfortunately it also removes the /home command.

Even so, I'll apply it once Hey0 is updated. Hopefully the mod re-adds /home.

Looks like this morning's non-mandatory patch makes minecarts work over long distances. Unfortunately it also removes the /home command.

Even so, I'll apply it once Hey0 is updated. Hopefully the mod re-adds /home.

I do love how these patches come so close to letting me make the transit system of my dreams, but always at the cost of some other feature.

Did the update, /home still seems to work, so I'm guessing it's being provided by the mod.

Holy cow! Laid out my build project in AutoCAD by drawing grids over a good piece of reference material. Went smoothly enough, pretty happy with how its going to work. I went on last night and started laying out some of the perimeter foundation. It feels immense in comparison to my drawing. I hope I have enough room.

I'm happy to report that I also only had one block reappear on me last night. Funny how the most important thing to me never got mentioned in any of Notch's bug updates. Must've missed something.

I've got this problem with commitment apparently. Instead of working on my train system, I spent all of yesterday evening working on building a 4 bit counter. Because, why not?