MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

My vote would be for a gratuitously complex solution: Can we switch to survival mode, but...

.... very occasionally ...

... play a retro week or weekend where we switch the server over to a backu of one of our two peaceful-building worlds?

Hmm, I obviously just have have a very different interpretation of what makes minecraft interesting. It doesn't matter if the world is survival or not, and the ability to dupp is inconsequential. The only thing that matters is what you can make.

How you get around the limitations of world and bugs in the game. Figuring out how to design an automated system, or uses for the various redstone circuits is infinitely more appealing to me.

It might be interesting if worlds could have hostile and peaceful meta-biomes, so some areas would spawn creatures etc, but if you walked three miles or crossed a huge body of water, you'd find a safer realm. Maybe that would be retarded, but it might also not be.

... play a retro week or weekend where we switch the server over to a backu of one of our two peaceful-building worlds?

:tup::tup:

Totally in favor of this idea. Occasionally revisiting one of the old build worlds would be a really nice variation, and also a pretty good constraint: Having an idea that's too troublesome to build in survival, then having an occasional weekend to do it in a sandbox.

Nonsense. If it is too troublesome to build in a wilderness, then you deal with it. That is the part of the fun and what adds to the impressiveness of whatever you finish. Goddamn. I thought I was a pansy scaredy gamer, but you guys take the fucking cake. What is all this shit? :( :( :( :( :(

Plus the logistics of shuffling servers arbitrarily are aRRGHHGkjsahdfhjklsd

NO! BAD THUMBS! BAD! :tdown:

Didn't like survival much when I tried it many day cycles ago. The monsters always caught me, they never went away at day time, and they killed me instantly.

Didn't like survival much when I tried it many day cycles ago. The monsters always caught me, they never went away at day time, and they killed me instantly.

As dickish as this is: You're doing it wrong.

Quite literally. You are doing it wrong.

I'd be all for a build-weekend though.

Status of SMP Health

The few hours I’ve been able to work today, I tried getting SMP Health as complete as possible. It will be released early next week.

Here’s the status:

* Send attack network data: DONE

* Add the ability to attack other entities: DONE

* Implement falling damage: NOT STARTED

* Implement respawning for dead players: PARTIALLY DONE (there are bugs with the player keeping the current location in some circumstances instead )

* Make eating food regenerate health: DONE

* Send health updates to the players: DONE

The “attack entities” code is done on a general level, so you can hurt animals, monsters, boats, carts and even other players.

There are a couple of other tweaks in the next update as well:

* Fix leaves. Again: DONE

* Optimize the lighting update slowdowns: STARTED

* Make players riding carts or boats a long way receive terrain updates: DONE

* Fix the block re-spawning bug: NOT STARTED

* Add “pvp” toggle flag to the server settings: NOT STARTED.

no shit Sherlock

Like I said, it's horribly dickish, and I do apologize. The fact however remains. Survival SP is all about finding the right place to hole up. If you hole up in the side of a hill, there's an excellent chance something that survives daylight (Creepers, Spiders) is going to be up there and jump on your face when you come out. It's really sort of circumstantial whether you survive your first ten nights or so.

Back on topic: So survival seems to be the prevailing sentiment?

Or at the very least, the pro-survival camp is the more passionate one—and the other one is afraid of the dark. :shifty:

After a few days of thought I had an epiphany, I now know what is needed to get the automated cart system going for my roller coaster. Once finished it will be a completely hands off experience for the user. Now I can resume focus on track design.

I tried to do a Minecraft update today, and it turns out I didn’t bring the keystore with the private certificate key to the office.. I set a reminder alarm on my cellphone to remind me tonight to bring it.

So.. Update tomorrow, with working SMP health, including fighting monsters and other players.

So SMP health tomorrow. Barricade your doors!

I suppose that's if we implement it.

Edited by Squid Division

ARGHHHHHH this is infuriating. I am not even trying to dupe anything and everything I move from my inventory just vanishes into the ether.

I'm torn, it was pretty much unplayable the last couple nights for me, and no one else ever seems to be on anymore. At the same time thought, I would hate to lose what I've built again so soon.

Would doing so fix any of these problems?

I have my doubts, the problems I was having just sort of cropped up one day, for no apparent reason.

I've logged on a few times over the last week but, like Jennoa, find that there's never anyone else online. The reappearing blocks problem is just making it horrible to do much right now though.

but... but...

not enough people have traversed my maze....

Is it near your house, I'll hit dat shit.

Also, update is out, looks like Notch managed some quick fixes from his blog post. Looks like leaf decay is out again because of a pesky infinite loop. The good news, we can hurt each other now apparently.