MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

in his attempt to make people riding boats and minecarts not look like shit, he adjusted the server/client reporting rate, which also broke mining.

it's interesting, his weird, failed experiments are kind of passively teaching me more about server and networking code.

so who burned down tabacco's house and all the trees between it and mine?

It sounds like Ysbreker made the right decision in nerfing fire on the last server :/

in his attempt to make people riding boats and minecarts not look like shit, he adjusted the server/client reporting rate, which also broke mining.

it's interesting, his weird, failed experiments are kind of passively teaching me more about server and networking code.

Ah, interesting. I honestly can't complain. I bought alpha software. I was just wondering how the server could look so awesome with such a limitation, but it is a recent development then.

(I actually own both of these on CD. Eclectic, no?)

wtf.jpg

So, walking along and what do I find? A big fat chunk of hell in the middle of the wilderness. It's an 'L' shape, about 50 blocks along the long sides and it goes from bedrock to the full height allowed by the game.

Weird.

S.

Huh, it looks like it could be corruption. I'll have to crank out new maps, haven't done so in a while. When I get home today.

I was playing around on my minecarts and found the maximum range before the world stops loading when you are riding around.

It's starting to look like a triple ghost.

:shifty: I shall remember your reactions in my time of need.

Server appears to be down?

First I was floating indefinitely in the bright blue sky, then when I tried to reconnect... Nothing... :erm:

It would appear as though something's not right. Loads lag just before I disconnected, and now when I try to connect I'm just left suspended in the air for a few mins before getting a timeout error.