MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

THE SERVER RESET IS NIGH!

Behold the new Idle Thumbs Server!

(I have a backup of the last state of the previous world, if anyone wants it)

I've registered a shorter domain to join the server: idlemc.com

Edited by elmuerte

FYI, there appears to be a bug in the new server version that causes it to only write the game state to disk until it runs out of free memory. So, because we lost about 12 hours worth of progress in a server restart, enjoy the new new Idle Thumbs world. Now with autosave plugin.

WTF, a six letter domain that hasn't been scooped up, and a really cool one to boot?! IdleMC! Holy cow!

FYI, there appears to be a bug in the new server version that causes it to only write the game state to disk until it runs out of free memory. So, because we lost about 12 hours worth of progress in a server restart, enjoy the new new Idle Thumbs world. Now with autosave plugin.

The Chasm Of Awesome is gone?!

Ah well.

The update is installed, but Hey0 isn't working with it yet, so many commands won't be available until it is.

just curious since i'm thinking about running a small private server for my co-workers. is hmod the only thing you use as far as server mod/admin is concerned?

just curious since i'm thinking about running a small private server for my co-workers. is hmod the only thing you use as far as server mod/admin is concerned?

We have Hey0, and then as plugins within it, BucketFix, GriefAlert, and SaveReloadPlugin

SaveReloadPlugin, by the way, appears to be absolutely essential. Also, be aware that the server process requires a pretty heavy amount of memory, a minimum of 1GB.

tabacco, do you have a DNS server? or a service that allows you to manage arbitrary domainnames? If so then I could point the name servers of idlemc.com to those. Because a CNAME on domainname is really out of the question.

We have Hey0, and then as plugins within it, BucketFix, GriefAlert, and SaveReloadPlugin

SaveReloadPlugin, by the way, appears to be absolutely essential. Also, be aware that the server process requires a pretty heavy amount of memory, a minimum of 1GB.

awesome, thanks!

tabacco, do you have a DNS server? or a service that allows you to manage arbitrary domainnames? If so then I could point the name servers of idlemc.com to those. Because a CNAME on domainname is really out of the question.

I do! You can use ns1.dthosting.org and ns2.dthosting.org - I'll add the zones now. Also, in the interests of simplicity, I've made all the existing domains CNAMEs to idlemc.com.

By the way, not that it matters, but minecraft.idlethumbs.net should now work, for those who kept mistyping it that way :)

Just curious, is there anyway to reset the server to a specific time. There was a little mishap with flint that lead to the destruction of a huge structure i had going.

Just curious, is there anyway to reset the server to a specific time. There was a little mishap with flint that lead to the destruction of a huge structure i had going.

I don't have rolling backups, sorry. That's on my to-do list at some point, because I'd like to be able to provide downloads of (hourly?) snapshots for the curious.

The lesson in-game as in real life is:

080909114639_smokey-the-bear-classic1.jpg

i don't know how you guys feel about it, but i'd be interested in unlocking the /tp command. it wouldn't be as cheap as /setwarp, and for example, when amobius' place burned down, it could have been nice to /tp over to him to help put it out.

just a suggestion. obviously if this ever actually becomes a functioning survival server, we'd turn it off.

Little reed farm (about 38 plants, with 3 pieces each, obviously) in the left branch of my entrance tunnel. Take as much as you wish, with the proviso that you replant the entire field.

Move the glass water thing at spawn, it blocked my sign which I have removed and also Jake's. put it closer to the building and don't use glass.

Move the glass water thing at spawn, it blocked my sign which I have removed and also Jake's. put it closer to the building and don't use glass.

Sorry for fronting on your sign with a 3x version. I felt the new server needed something more grandiose (and more annoying to attempt to vandalize or demolish*).

* not that that will stop people.

Sorry for fronting on your sign with a 3x version. I felt the new server needed something more grandiose.

Don't worry I can double the size of yours.