MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

blew up the rest of the moai... not really a success. I'll try to upload a video of asap

if it's up to me I'd say ban TNT on the next server completely, it's absolute shit and way too error prone.

And I say we keep it. :fart: :fart: :fart: You don't have to blow up your shit all error-pronely. You don't have to blow it up at all. It is really useful for clearing out caves, for example, if and when used topically and not as a building material.

My client keeps crashing after I'm on your server for about 20 seconds.

I'm not asking to be able to create stuff, I was just going to look around, but it's happened on a couple of PCs with my MC account, gruntin. It even happened using the web client.

Anyone else seeing this?

I can connect to other servers ok...

tnt makes the most amazing tunnel clearer if you use it smartly. in rock, you can make a 3x3 tunnel really fast. you guys might already know this but i'm going to lay it out anyway.

if you start digging a 3x3 tunnel, and get it started, you'll have a wall that looks like this

OOO

OTO

OOO

if you dig out the middle block (the T) as far as your pickaxe will allow and then place a tnt inside and detonate it, it clears a 3x3x3 cube out of stone.

another fun trick: sand scaffolding. the worst part of scaffolding is tearing it down after you're done. if you use sand, it's super easy to clean up.

start at the bottom with two blocks of dirt, or rock, or any block that doesn't fall down. delete the bottom block and put a torch down so that the dirt block is sitting above it. build up from the dirt block with the sand as high as you need to go. when you're done, knock out the dirt block and the sand will fall on the torch breaking it down into the blocks you can pick up.

My client keeps crashing after I'm on your server for about 20 seconds.

I'm not asking to be able to create stuff, I was just going to look around, but it's happened on a couple of PCs with my MC account, gruntin. It even happened using the web client.

Anyone else seeing this?

I can connect to other servers ok...

everybody crashes. the easiest way to cut down on the number of times it happens though is to turn your draw distance down to normal or lower.

Kinzjester, can I be put onto the edit-list? My name in Minecraft is Uguandou. I promise I won't destroy anything (but the ground).

I've added both Uguandou and gruntin to the list of thumbs. Also that sand scaffolding method is really clever, Purple (what the shit do I call you, Purple? Future? Apurpfu?). I wonder if notch will get wise to this silliness and change it so that the torch is the thing that resourceifies itself, rather than the sand.

I've added both Uguandou and gruntin to the list of thumbs. Also that sand scaffolding method is really clever, Purple (what the shit do I call you, Purple? Future? Apurpfu?). I wonder if notch will get wise to this silliness and change it so that the torch is the thing that resourceifies itself, rather than the sand.

i kind of doubt it. i think (hope) he realizes that a lot of the quirkiness like that and the minecart boosters are things that the players actually like.

not "bugs," "features." :yep:

I would love to have TNT on the next server simply for the land clearing / tunnel creation.

Agreed, I cannot wait for mine carts to function properly in multiplayer maps. I will have the greatest mass transit system in all the world. It will make Japan's rail system seem like child's play in comparison.

i just hope he manages to get the "survival" part of the MP working.

actually i could go either way. i like not worrying about anything and just building, but on the other hand, wouldn't it be fun to actually worry about monsters messing your shit up? and farming and hunting would have purpose. baking bread to heal up, making armor, gathering gunpowder from dead creeps... could be fun. and there are ways to protect your buildings from creep explosions (they can't get over fences for one).

i just hope he manages to get the "survival" part of the MP working.

That's one of those things where I would like the option to turn on, but not really want on the main thumbs server.

Tell me, if a tnt goes off and you are not the one to activate it, does it make a sound?

Deep philosophical questions answered by Minecraft.

Today, we say good by to Hoatzin Island

ZEqEKhjE71w?fs=1

The game is kindof cheapened by not having working mobs. It is just minecraft classic+ at this point. Epic constructions would be exponentially more epic if we had to worry about monsters, if we had to actually gather the resources, and heal and watch the distances we fall from, etc. I am looking forward to all of those things. I am looking forward to someone specializing in growing food for everyone, someone else hunting for gunpowder, or feathers. Epic projects such as channels and railroads to which we would all need to pitch in time and resources. These are all more meaningful if the world is dangerous.

Aw someone blew up Thumbhenge. There wasn't any TNT in the chests at the marina, I presume it's all out?

I ran out of inspiration (and Fallout came out), so I dropped off. Is there a date for the update yet? And a date for the server reset?

B-Roll

The continued adventures of Hoatzin, myself, and Nachimir as we destroy all we once held sacred.

1LpH8M4Weto?hl

The game is kindof cheapened by not having working mobs. It is just minecraft classic+ at this point. Epic constructions would be exponentially more epic if we had to worry about monsters, if we had to actually gather the resources, and heal and watch the distances we fall from, etc. I am looking forward to all of those things. I am looking forward to someone specializing in growing food for everyone, someone else hunting for gunpowder, or feathers. Epic projects such as channels and railroads to which we would all need to pitch in time and resources. These are all more meaningful if the world is dangerous.

agreed. another board I read is having a minecraft build-off after the update with part of the rules being, obviously, try not to get it blown up while you're building it or before it gets judged.

Aw someone blew up Thumbhenge. There wasn't any TNT in the chests at the marina, I presume it's all out?

oh man i saw that and assumed it was you. that sucks. at least your pyramid was still standing last i saw. if nobody else does, i'll go replenish the tnt later tonight.

I agree with all this except for the damned walking-TNT zombies. Those guys are just annoying.

Can you set off TNT with an arrow? Could make for some interesting perimeters around our constructions. Will the new update put the mobs in MP?