MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Don't worry I can double the size of yours.

3x seemed enough to my feeble newb mind, but if you want to double that and go 6x the size of the original sign, please demolish mine and make a Congrats Nick that is visible from space.

3x seemed enough to my feeble newb mind, but if you want to double that and go 6x the size of the original sign, please demolish mine and make a Congrats Nick that is visible from space.

Nah, I was going to do one facing the other way so people on the other side can read it.

Patters, the glass tower is staying. It's going even higher too. As close to the ceiling as possible. It will be the starting point of the sky canal. All made of glass.

The Community Chest Center now has a message board! I also replaced the signs I broke last might.

Making a map now.

Edit: might take a little while... I may have to duck out for a few hours and come back later, actually. I'll let it run.

Edited by Kingzjester

FYI, in the top left of the map is snow. But I couldn't harvest it :/

The new, larger, Congrats Nick sign is complete. Patters, jennoa and I had some trouble with the N, if you're interested in taking a stab. Hard to get the diagonal to look good in a 6x21 space.

yeah snow is broken for some stupid reason. so is fishing. i mean, the fishing works, you just can't pick them up in MP after you catch them.

At a guess, this may be related to the way broken boats spewed wood and twigs, but I couldn't pick them up in SMP.

http://industrial-complex.com/leechery/mc/

EDIT: Holy cow, that lava-spewing cow I made looks totally badass in the maps, far much more than the original, actually. Hmmmm. :blink:

Ooh, renders. Thanks. Your cow is excellent.

Maybe we can use it somehow on the new server as well?
No, it is a windows program. :buyme: I wonder if there is something that we can hook up to the server, have it run daily and natively without breaking our maps or endangering the data. As it is, I will try to run it the long way every so often.

The new, larger, Congrats Nick sign is complete. Patters, jennoa and I had some trouble with the N, if you're interested in taking a stab. Hard to get the diagonal to look good in a 6x21 space.

I've done My best. The torches might need a little moving around though.

I've done My best. The torches might need a little moving around though.

The N looks much better now. Doug and I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out, and now that it is done, the solution seems so obvious.

I'm doing a glass sky canal, yeah. Might take a while though.

Also: http://www.digitized-e.com/mroizo/OizoMapper.zip this is the map rendering tool I used for the first minecraft server. Maybe we can use it somehow on the new server as well?

That mapper is awesome. I like how you can render it so that each block in game ends up being more than 1 rendered pixel. Much, much better than cartograph, which I had been using. That had this annoying tendency to mirror my maps.

Anyway, I want to share a neat thing I found for any fellow mac users out there:

MCMap Live

The best feature is the little slider in the bottom right that cuts away the layers of the map. Not quite realtime on my lappy, but damnit if it isn't exactly what I wanted in a mapping utility.

I'll keep you all updated for when a new version comes out.

Also: I made a cake! With a surprise in it!

erwinCake.jpg

Also also: I need a lot of glass for the sky canal. If you've got some left over please donate it at the community center. Thanks in advance!

That mapper is awesome. I like how you can render it so that each block in game ends up being more than 1 rendered pixel. Much, much better than cartograph, which I had been using. That had this annoying tendency to mirror my maps.

Anyway, I want to share a neat thing I found for any fellow mac users out there:

MCMap Live

The best feature is the little slider in the bottom right that cuts away the layers of the map. Not quite realtime on my lappy, but damnit if it isn't exactly what I wanted in a mapping utility.

Thanks for sharing that! I was looking for a Mac mapper some time ago, but couldn't find any for some reason. Finally I can see how large my cave systems really are.

I'll keep you all updated for when a new version comes out.

Also: I made a cake! With a surprise in it!

erwinCake.jpg

Also also: I need a lot of glass for the sky canal. If you've got some left over please donate it at the community center. Thanks in advance!

The chocolate top was delicious.