ysbreker

minecraft server new world?

Should we start a new world?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we start a new world?

• Yes start a new world! Fresh & sparkly! Finally a chance to do things right!
    • No! keep the old world. I was just getting settled in!

I think CPU utilization should increase based on number of people on server. Last big server I was on ended up upgrading to a dual core processor so i think this game can definitely utilize any hardware you throw at it depending on player load.

I think CPU utilization should increase based on number of people on server. Last big server I was on ended up upgrading to a dual core processor so i think this game can definitely utilize any hardware you throw at it depending on player load.

That said, there is not that many of us.

Not mighty enough to demand a much fancier processor.

Time to draw an anchor on my arms. Ah ga ga ga ga ga

can we activate TNT for the end of our world? I'd love to load my pyramid up with TNT and blow it all to hell. Maybe for a finale we annihilate the Congrats Nick sign?

can we activate TNT for the end of our world? I'd love to load my pyramid up with TNT and blow it all to hell. Maybe for a finale we annihilate the Congrats Nick sign?

No touching the Congrats Nick sign. It was destroyed before it shall stand until the end of the world.

I hope the new world won't be snowy. It's fun at first, but the snowfall gets very depressing and annoying after a while. (My first world was a snow world)

Plus, snow world means no boats. And I love boats.

i'm just finished reading V for vendetta. we should construct uderground tunnels and give ourselves and our creations viking funerals

I hope the new world won't be snowy. It's fun at first, but the snowfall gets very depressing and annoying after a while. (My first world was a snow world)

Plus, snow world means no boats. And I love boats.

well that's the point of biomes, so that you'll get different zones with different climates.

shoot, i'll hang out in the snowy area

well that's the point of biomes, so that you'll get different zones with different climates.

shoot, i'll hang out in the snowy area

Different climates would be awesome, but I don't think MineCraft will support that. Not in one world, I mean. I did read that Notch was planning to have different seasons, though. Which would be awesome too.

Yes it will:

Notch is introducing biomes: different types of geographical areas, with different vegetation. Deserts, forests, etc.

Biomes will be based on different variables: dry/wet, hot/cold, safe/dangerous. The smooth variation of these variables will allow for smooth transitions between biomes.

We DON'T know yet if there'll be biome-specific mobs in the update, but these are planned in the long run.

While heat and cold damage are planned for the future, we DON'T know if they'll be included in this update.

Biomes WILL be available in old saves, if you walk far enough. That is, new generated chunks will get biomes.

We DON'T know for sure what biomes will be available, and what will be their features.

okay goddammit. after visiting a few more random servers, i think one of my first major projects on the new world is going to be setting up a decent skyway. something nice, organized, made of glass so you can see, places for signs, etc.

okay goddammit. after visiting a few more random servers, i think one of my first major projects on the new world is going to be setting up a decent skyway. something nice, organized, made of glass so you can see, places for signs, etc.

I wish mine carts worked properly in multipalyer. I have been experimenting with automated train stations in single player and am dying to implement some of it in our server.

the best one i saw was just a glass walkway with periodic stone pillars with ladders to the ground. at intersections there were signs pointing to areas of interest. it was a really great way to get a good overview of the land and it was easy to get off and explore and then find another entrance to get back up. it was so nice.

Kind of, but surely that just means we get the terrain, not what we built? I suppose we'd get to keep the massive cave system.

There is no difference as far as the game is concerned.

But it still wouldn't generate all of the incredible things we built, right? Or can it compact an altered world down to a seed?

i'm pretty sure it just determines how the world is generated at its creation. i've seen other people talking about going into their old map with some kind of editor and deleting all the undeveloped areas, leaving only the areas with shit they've built. that way when they import it post patch they'll still have all their old crap but access to new features.

i really don't see how this would work with the hell dimension though? i mean maybe it would? i guess we could always try, but to be honest i have no qualms with just starting with a blank canvas.

But it still wouldn't generate all of the incredible things we built, right? Or can it compact an altered world down to a seed?

From what I understand, the land is generated when you go in a direction, on the fly. When they say import a world, I am pretty sure they mean import all the blocks as they are, not some sort of virgin state of the world before stuff was generated (since that doesn't really exist).

From what I understand, the land is generated when you go in a direction, on the fly. When they say import a world, I am pretty sure they mean import all the blocks as they are, not some sort of virgin state of the world before stuff was generated (since that doesn't really exist).

If the world is generated from a seed value, not completely randomly, then it does exist.