ysbreker

minecraft server new world?

Should we start a new world?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we start a new world?

• Yes start a new world! Fresh & sparkly! Finally a chance to do things right!
    • No! keep the old world. I was just getting settled in!

I think we should stick with this world until the halloween update. Otherwise we have to start over twice.

I think we should stick with this world until the halloween update. Otherwise we have to start over twice.

This, though keep this world as long as possible.

This, plus, I'm fairly sure that we'll get by without too many problems.

I would also like to see our post apocolyptic world, where all of our buildings have died and fallen.

I want to at least finish the museum, and make some sort of recording of my nook in this world. Then we can torch it.

I think we keep this until the update, and document the fuck out of it. I'm all for ripping the corruption down and helping to build something better. I'll contribute all the obsidian I have left after ripping down the floating castle sections by my tower too.

Edited by Nachimir

what happened to the world?:( my lava is gone, but that wasn't mine in the 1st place.

If/when we start over, we can throw up a dedicated server for it if you guys want.

Sweet, but who are "we"? Idle Thumbs? Tell Tale? It would certainly awesome if ysbreker didn't have to spend his whole allowance each week just to let us play.

I think we keep this until the update, and document the fuck out of it. I'm all for ripping the corruption down and helping to build something better.

This.

I'd like to get in and get some screen captures of my stuff, then after the update I say we start afresh.

OK, we'll keep this world an start fresh when the update comes out.

Also re: dedicated server, minecraft is a bit CPU heavy and prone to crashing. DO you guys have a machine this can run on?

Sweet, but who are "we"? Idle Thumbs? Tell Tale? It would certainly awesome if ysbreker didn't have to spend his whole allowance each week just to let us play.

Idle Thumbs (Doug ("tabacco") (he hosts the idle thumbs webserver)(()));

Assuming it was the only thing running on a single-CPU VPS with 512MB of RAM, would that do the trick? If so, I can easily just crank up an instance at Linode alongside my backup node there (though probably at their east coast datacenter so it's more centrally located to US and EU people).

Automating restarts of a crashy process isn't a big deal :)

Though I would probably open up some sort of donation box to cover some of the costs ($20/month for the instance size I described above), if people would be interested in contributing.

i'm going to agree with the "keep this one until the update" crowd. most of the stuff isn't broken and i'd like to run around and fraps some stuff before it gets nuked

Ok, since we KNOW we are restarting, and not immediately, should we plan some giant hardcore collaborative project?

Though I would probably open up some sort of donation box to cover some of the costs ($20/month for the instance size I described above), if people would be interested in contributing.

Sure, I'd chip a little in :tup:

on this one or the next one?

i like our current (previous) community building but there's no reason why we can't be a little more grand next time around. i'd really like to see the town centre/ spawn area more like a proper town square, built up and all pretty like.

maybe a nice sculpture in the area too?

I like the "crazy gods on a rampage" feel of our world, with no enforced rigidity, not even for the downtown.

Yeah I want a massive town square, just open and uncluttered. Maybe with big collaborative construction (with all the community chests) wherever you face when you spawn?

I think I'll go ahead and build that Big Bird sphinx somewhere (not in the center of town).

I like the "crazy gods on a rampage" feel of our world, with no enforced rigidity, not even for the downtown.

oh i do too but i think there should be a small area that's uncluttered for the spawn. outside of that, go nuts. it's fun when it's like a playground gone awry. but the first time i logged on it took me a couple minutes to stumble across the community building and i think that should be the first, most obvious thing? the easier access people have to supplies, the faster crazy stuff can be built

Seeing as how I just bought Minecraft and haven't really contributed anything, I would just like to say I'm excited at the the idea of starting an all new map. But whatever you guys decide to to I'm down with, as long as I can contribute. :)

Idle Thumbs (Doug ("tabacco") (he hosts the idle thumbs webserver)(()));

Ugh... I dislike LISP.