Snooglebum

So I bought the iPod touch version of Monkey Island

It's okay. Instead of touching the screen, you drag a virtual cursor around the screen. I can understand why, but it's still frustrating.

Also, "I want to be a fireman!". That is all.

Hey, I have MI 1 and 2 on my ipod. Let us commiserate. At least I only spent two dollars on each...

Yeah the controls in the MI1 Special Edition are bizarre, it's the same on the iPhone (which I fortunately only got the demo of). In the MI2 Special Edition it's proper point-and-click which is excellent.

Yeah the controls in the MI1 Special Edition are bizarre, it's the same on the iPhone (which I fortunately only got the demo of). In the MI2 Special Edition it's proper point-and-click which is excellent.
Really? That's reassuring.

As a side question: how long is the first Monkey Island?

It is frustrating. Not to defend the port, but to encourage - you do not always need to drag, you can just point and have the cursor re-appear.

When exactly this works vs when I won't is difficult to explain in words but I found after about 15 mins I had moved beyond any annoyance with the interface and into annoyance that there is no good way to skip the dialog I have read (I don't care much for the voice acting and the text parses slower than I read).

On the other hand, good game!

Really? That's reassuring.

As a side question: how long is the first Monkey Island?

Does like 15 hours for a first playthrough sound right to people? It will vary depending on how quickly you can solve the puzzles though.

Ahaha, I have no concept of a Secret of Monkey Island playthrough. According to the speed run, I can do like an hour and ten minutes, skipping everything and not talking more than I need to, but the first time I played was six months time to finish it, the last month being finished after my dad giving in to my begging and buying me a hintbook for this one puzzle.