jennoa

Irrational Interviews

So the new Irrational Interviews podcast is out and one, Chris Remo, plays the role of host.

I'll let him explain the rest:

Creative people have no shortage of media through which to express their ideas, and they often move from one to another before they find the one that most speaks to them. Kieron Gillen had a long and successful career as a game journalist, including founding the popular PC game blog Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Now, he has largely put journalism behind him and has signed an agreement to write comic books exclusively for Marvel, following his respected work on Marvel’s Thor and the Image-published Phonogram.

In the third episode of Irrational Interviews, Gillen joins Irrational’s Ken Levine and Chris Remo to talk about how creative works can convey the fears, preoccupations, and passions of their makers. They discuss the similarities (and differences) between comics and games, and how it becomes more difficult for creators to perceive their works in the same way consumers see them. Also, learn what horse-faced hammer-wielding space aliens have to do with musings on humanity and divinity.

http://irrationalgames.com/insider/irrational-interviews-episode-3/

Chris is taking role at Irrational, I can feel that soon some old friends* in the industry will pop up for an Irrational Interview! :tup:

*Jake, Steve, Sean and F-Nick :grin:

OMG it's Chris Remo of The Idle Thumbs Podcast!

Hearing Chris and Kieron on the same podcast was pretty great, even if Chris was mostly asking questions.

Ken Levine totally ruined that podcast. I think at one point Chris asked Kieron a question and instead of letting him answer, Levine spoke for 2-3 minutes about something vaguely related. And the answer was missed.

(or maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention, I had it playing in the background while I did something else)

Ken Levine totally ruined that podcast. I think at one point Chris asked Kieron a question and instead of letting him answer, Levine spoke for 2-3 minutes about something vaguely related. And the answer was missed.

(or maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention, I had it playing in the background while I did something else)

No, you're right. It was completely preposterous and all around :deranged:.

I thought of this podcast as more of a "meeting of the minds" than a straightforward interview, so Levine's interjections didn't bother me.

There was a lot of mid-sentence editing, which I'm not used to as a podcast listener. It's still fun to listen to, and I love that the Irrational podcast mission statement is so broad that they'll interview whoever they want. They should bring in some wacky political candidates!

I thought of this podcast as more of a "meeting of the minds" than a straightforward interview, so Levine's interjections didn't bother me.

Be that as it may, it was an interesting question that didn't get answered.

The podcast seems heavily edited, I think you may be mistaking that for Levine interjecting.

I do think Chris was pitching too many Bioshock softball's though.

Also note that it's over the phone so it lacks that face to face dynamic that was important for Thumbs.

I hadn't been expecting Gillen to sound like that. He sounds like a perfectly friendly chap.

On the theme of "Remo Watch", he appeared this week on Three Moves Ahead, in an excellent chat about deception in games. Anyone who played Neptune's Pride should obviously listen.

An interesting interview, perhaps a bit too love-in, but they both had an obvious passion for the subject.