Tanukitsune

Shakespeare + Samorost + Time traveler = Hamlet?

Hamlet is a quirky game I discovered recently.

This is basically a more casual Samorost-like game, it's about a time traveler who accidentally knocks out Hamlet and must take his place and rescue Ophelia and defeat Cladius... It's more cute than humorous, it's rather short and claims to have "boss battles", which is a lie! Sure, you'll meet a character with a health bar, but once you solved the puzzle he'll die in one hit, you never have to hit a boss twice!

Since it's a casual game it has a "skip puzzle" button, or maybe it's a hint button... I never actually used it...:erm:

And since it's a casual game it will have a trial version for you to try out the game, so you can at least get a good taste of what it's about, but I don't think I can say much more about the game, it's a casual Samorost with a Shakespeare theme to it with a time traveler!:eek:

Oh, this game. Played the demo a while back. Cute graphics, and a few clever puzzles.

Made some more spoilery comments over at its (mostly marketing-filled) TIGSource thread.

I think it was $20 back when it was released, so I was a bit more hesitant to buy the full version after finishing 70% of the puzzles in the one hour demo. Looks like it's cheaper now.

Cuteness! It's a fun concept and I love the art design. It reminds me of an artist I've seen who does children's books, J. Otto Seibold, only a little less wacky.

The art strangely reminds me of a brighter version of Dave Cooper's characters and comics, what with the sausage-like people and all, but that guys stuff most definitely wasn't for kids (maybe kid works exists out there) and has almost always been ridiculously perverted and grotesque from what I've seen.

I guess this is good!

Oh, this game. Played the demo a while back. Cute graphics, and a few clever puzzles.

Made some more spoilery comments over at its (mostly marketing-filled) TIGSource thread.

I think it was $20 back when it was released, so I was a bit more hesitant to buy the full version after finishing 70% of the puzzles in the one hour demo. Looks like it's cheaper now.

All "casual" games used to cost $20 back then... Now they all seems to cost about $7-8? :erm:

I remember thinking at one point there should be a Hamlet game (don't know why). I guess I'll probably buy this when I'm done w/ Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions.