Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

Blaster Master Zero and Box Boy demo are out today!

Just bought the remaining Sega 3D classics I didn't yet have and also Super Monkey Ball 3D, decided to take a chance since it was only 10€ still today.

Definitely checking out Blaster Master - Azure Striker Gunvolt from the same dev is top 3 on the system for me.

Hmm, do I want After Burner...

Altered Beast can get lost, but has anyone got experience with either of the Fantasy Zones? Is it worth getting one?

Which of the others do you have?

The fantasy zones are decent enough, but there are so many others that are better in M2's range.

I've got the Sonics, the Streets of Rages, Out Run, Shinobi, Space Harriet, Gunstar Heroes and now Hang-On and Ecco. I think I'm good - the last two were complete nostalgia purchases and I'm just considering others because they were cheap. I think the sale has ended now.

You definitely got all the best ones.

That is, except Thunderblade and Power Drift, which were only available in the collection I believe.

Inti Creates really annoys me. They've released in the past weeks Azure Striker Gunvolt anime and now DLC for the sequel, but still there is no version 1.3 update for the first game in Europe. That's basically the Steam version update. I wonder what is the problem? Europe also lacks the physical Striker Pack.

Does anybody know if you can give away My Nintendo codes? I have points that are about to expire... 

Every discount in the My Nintendo is locked to your NNID account. The only things you can give away are the 3DS themes as those give downloadable codes.. Not sure how does the Flipnote Studio 3D, Zelda orchestra music videos or Zelda Picross work, I think those two attach automatically to your account/device and not through codes.

Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia limited edition is 100 euros in Europe. Damn Nintendo is insane, and people still buy it with that price.

My limit would've been 80 euros. America gets it for 60 dollars, but it doesn't come with the two amiibos.

As long as it's not a homophobic eugenics simulator like the last few I'll be fine with whatever they charge other people for the collectors edition.

Last night's Nintendo Direct was great. I was wishing for release date of Dragon Quest 11 for 3DS, but Capcom and Nintendo took me by surprise and announced Monster Hunter Stories to come to Europe and Americas, awesome!

I don't need a 2DS XL. I don't need a 2DS XL. I wouldn't use a 2DS XL. I do not need a...

The new sku got me imagining a DS/Game&Watch clamshell console where you just break off the top half for 2-player.

Whelp, Nintendo is really, really, really not abandoning the 2/3DS, then, with such a cool new SKU coming out. I actually would miss the 3D, because I used it most of the time, even without a 'New' 3DS. I just like the extra layer of depth it provides, it makes the image seem just a little more crisp. But other than that: this is a great redesign. It looks just super appealing and sexy, and the polar opposite of what the Switch Pro Controller looks like (to wit a horrible, blobby black/translucent nightmare).

And boy, clam shell!!

I, too, like the 3D! A lot, actually. Totally understand why they're stepping away from it entirely, though. Costly and most people don't really give a shit about it. Shame, but ah well.

Within a month of when I bought my 3ds I dropped it and the 3ds slider broke off so I've never been able to use 3d on it (technically I can if I get a staple or a small paper clip and jimmy it around) and I've never once been bothered by not having 3d.  If I didn't already have a 3ds this would be exactly what I'd want.  I've never tried the 3d on the new 3ds though so maybe that would change my mind. 

I feel bad for the 3DS games I have unfinished (FE:Awakening is the biggest one) but the Switch has completely replaced it in my mind :(

The mismatch between the two screens makes it look like a smartphone docked into a bluetooth controller. The effect is odd, but perhaps the larger screen is a tradeoff for the loss of 3D and front-facing camera.

Last Friday was the final day of Badge Arcade updates. Badge Arcade is the claw machine game where you grab 'badges' to decorate your Home screen and Swapdoodle letter, if that's your bag. For whatever reason (mainly OCD and needing to complete the cool pixel hardware badges), I've played A LOT of this and I've probably spent ...*calculates*... yeah, probably £30-40 on it over the last couple of years. My activity log shows 75 hours in total.

Anyway, I thought I'd mention how they wrapped it up. The Arcade Bunny came on a presented the 'Behind the Scenes' credits, explaining the different job roles and breaking the fourth wall (the writing has always been great.) If you asked him what he's doing next, he say's he's unemployed - "Well, the character will be, the inside person will be loafing around at work......Aw, I'm just joking...mostly."

I found a video of the whole thing here. It was a smart way to finish up.

I played the free plays quite a lot of Badge Arcade. It was fun for what it was, but that ending was brilliantly handled.

In Europe we got four free demos last week. Really good week. Demos of Dr Kawashima Brain Training 3DS , Hey Pikmin, Ever Oasis and Miitopia.

I loved the Badge Arcade. I fell off playing it when I stopped going to my 3DS in general, but it was a charming game that they did a lot with. I hope there's lessons Nintendo learned from the free2play 3DS games that will get brought to the Switch.

On 4/29/2017 at 11:25 AM, Laco said:

The mismatch between the two screens makes it look like a smartphone docked into a bluetooth controller. The effect is odd, but perhaps the larger screen is a tradeoff for the loss of 3D and front-facing camera.

The relative size difference between the two screens is the same for every 3DS and 2DS model. On the XL units, the top and bottom screen are embiggened proportionally. Some games draw stuff across the two screens together, so you cant really change that (or the distance between them).

It kinda looks different from one unit to the other, but that's just an illusion created by the bezel and other features of the housing.