Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

Only in North America :(

I wonder when it's coming to Europe? It has been promised a release here as well. I wonder if it will be digital only for Europe like it seems to be in America.

E: looks like it should be coming as physical and digital according to Nintendo UK's website unless plans have changed. No real release date though...

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Rhythm-Paradise-Megamix-1091313.html

So, I know that I am the person who keeps bumping this thread, but my younger brother was just stationed in Turkey with the armed forces, and we have been playing Metroid Prime: Federation Force long distance as a way of keeping in touch.

And it's really fun, even with the bad reviews and criticism from people who want a full Metroid game. I get it. I also like the Metroid series, and wish there were a new entry. 

However, in the mean time, there's this game, a terrific online co-op run-and-gun shooter with some light puzzle elements. I have played a bunch with just two people, and the challenge seems pretty well balanced. I wouldn't be interested in doing it solo, since it seems like it's built for multiplayer, but if anyone is interested at all in playing, pick it up, and let me know, we can fight alongside each other! I'm a fan of the controls, which are most similar to maybe Metroid Prime 3: Corruption in that you use the control stick for most movement, and then you use L to target and R allows you to use the gyro for fine adjustments. If you don't like that, the new 3DS has that little camera nub that you can use instead. I think that the gyro controls work pretty well.

ANYWAY, let me know if you're at all interested in co-op Metroid

I have plans to get the Metroid Prime FF game, I just don't know yet will I hunt down a physical copy or just buy it digitally. I liked the Blast Ball at least and the tutorial that was in the game for the main game.

I really loved last week's Nintendo Direct. So much good stuff in it.

I liked the interlude sections with goofy Reggie and Bill outtakes. In terms of games, the Woolly World 3DS port/update looked super cute.

Metroid Prime FF seems from the outside to be very much a Triforce Heroes-type game. Thoroughly competent, great fun with some friends, otherwise inessential but solid if you've got the time.

The Direct was good, although I've already got Mario Maker and Woolly World. The Animal Crossibg update is where it's really at!

Gonna get Picross 3D 2 when it's released in Europe. We still have to wait a few months. :(

I have wanted it ever since Nintendo announced it for Japan.

I never played the original Picross 3D but they just released it on WII U virtual console. I'd prefer if it was on 3DS, the Wii U seems an odd place for it, but I'm gonna give it a go. I also just completed the original Prof Layton game for the first time. Loved it, ordered the next two already. My 3DS is a fantastic double dip handheld, having never owned a DS. 

I just got a used New 3DS (that sounds weird) and... it reeks of smoke and the stylus has been chewed on?  :tdown:

I loaded Nintendo Badge Arcade and the difference in loading time was HUGE! Also, I can finally scan amiibo! Also, I'm excited about face plates! :3

The truth is... I got some credit from a used game store and could afford a PS4, but... is it sad or weird that I chose the New 3DS instead just to play SNES classics.... I probably own already physically?

I wish Nintendo would discount SNES game you already own on WiiU, like they did when you owned them on the Wii, but maybe if I keep buying Earthbound, Mother 3 will come out?  :getmecoat

I downloaded the demo of the new PW, but haven't had the time to play it yet. Didn't really like the voice acting in the trailers...

Ooh, can't wait to try out Phoenix Wright 6. I have it downloaded on my machine and it's waiting for me to finish Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.

Does anyone else feel like the recent updates to the Streetpass stuff have...kind of broken Streetpass?

Some context: because I'm a Cool Guy, I carry my 3DS back and forth to work to work most days, even if I'm not playing it. Here in London you don't often see other people with portable consoles on the tube, but until recently, I could still pick up at least ten hits a week. But recently I've got absolutely nothing - even on occasions where I know I've walked by other 3DS players.

Apparently Nintendo have quietly shut down all Streetpass Relays in the UK, so I'm sure that's part of the problem - I used to get a lot of hits just from walking by McDonald's. But I'm wondering if the recent updates have split the 3DS audience as well. 

I think the problem is that if you update to the latest version of Streetpass Plaza, you can no longer get Streetpass hits from people who haven't updated. The same goes with the Animal Crossing Amiibo update - once you've installed that, the game tells you that your village is no longer compatible with users who don't have the update. That strikes me as a great shame because with ACNL in particular, it was always a pleasure to check out the houses I collected via Streetpass; some of those could be fantastically strange, and it was nice to think that you were having a little glimpse into the life of somebody you might have passed in the street. And who knows, maybe somebody enjoyed my extensive clock collection...

I would guess there's a significant proportion of 3DS users who will never update either of those things - perhaps because they're just kids who might just only own a few carts and never connect the thing to the internet, and partly because I don't think the Streetpass Plaza prompts you to install the update. Unlike 3DS system updates, which are pushed to you, you have to go in to the plaza and select the update icon from within the software.

Of course I don't begrudge anyone who neglects to do this - why should they care! - but it does feel to me like things just aren't working so smoothly as they were before. I'd be curious to know if others have encountered this too.

MAN ME TOO!

I figured my 3DS was just locally broken, but I work at a goddamn game developer and bring my 3DS every day and I don't get streetpasses anymore! Like maybe one a week, and that's it! I don't know why. It really sucks, 'cause I was enjoying the new games I'd purchased for like two batches of ten and then bam. ):

10 hours ago, marginalgloss said:

Does anyone else feel like the recent updates to the Streetpass stuff have...kind of broken Streetpass?

This explains so much. *angry tomato*

At least I get to race a slot car around by myself...

I often attend Smash Bros tournaments, so I still get heaps of streetpass there. Otherwise I never really got many streetpasses unless I went to a gaming event like a con or a tournament. Maybe a handful in the city. Find your nearest local Smash tournament and lurk there for streetpasses, I guess :P

Well it's not about not finding people with a 3ds - I know for a fact I work in an office with at least five others every single day, and used to get those street passes every day if I cleared them out - it's some change that makes street passes just not work anymore.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS-download-software/BYE-BYE-BOXBOY--1203712.html

Just noticed on the Nintendo UK website that BOXBOY 3 aka BYE BYE BOXBOY is coming to Europe in 2,5 weeks from now. Excellent!

HAL Laboratories really achieved something special with these games. Boxboy games are maybe the games I love the most on 3DS right now.

Seems it's just going to be the digital version and the special physical version with the amiibo Boxboy is not coming to Europe...

YES! I only played the first game, but I loved it! Are we at least getting the amiibo?

Isn't the physical edition the whole trilogy?

Hmm yes the physical edition is actually the trilogy, not just the third game. Seems we are not getting that. Looks like we are not getting the amiibo either.

There's not much details. Nintendo hasn't put out any news about the game yet, just the page exists. I want that Qbby amiibo. If they won't release it to Europe, I'll buy it on my next Japan vacation.

Almost imported that BoxBoy set last month but the charges were a bit too steep, shame if we don't get it but I'm hardly surprised.

I'm back into my 3DS in a major way at the moment. Recently played through Fire Emblem Fates and now 3D Picross Round 2 has utterly consumed me. Dragon Quest VIII is a bit disappointing but that's OK because then I would have less time to spend with 3D Picross.