Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

are you lying to yourself or just the rest of us

*like*

Well I guess I lied because searching Jncos on Google gives me a bunch of articles on how they are coming back.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/features/jnco-jeans-are-making-a-comeback-and-teenagers-are-horrified-10160101.html

I never had any though but I used to love cargo pants.

Also Coal Chamber has a new album.

They definitely were in the right crowds. I wore them and a lot of my friends at the time wore them. (I wore them because a lot of my friends wore them.)

I distinctly remember people getting beaten up for wearing them when I was in 7th grade in 1995.

That doesn't surprise me in the least!

They were probably most popular (in my area of the world) among outcast groups, anyway. So, give a bully a reason...

(They really are awful, though, like holy hell why would anyone ever wear them what was wrong with me.)

Yes those were typically the people who wore them!

They didn't beat me up tho.

Yeah I tried to be sort of goth for a while so it worked out. Embarassing yearbook photos exist out there. Eventually it led to me trading up those cargo pants for black/purple tint corderoy. Oh so soft. I should probably by some more honestly.

Yo Thumbs. I'm soon to receive a gift of an old 3DS as my brother moves onto to newer New 3DS pastures. I'm wondering if there's any diamonds in the rough I might have missed, having not paid much attention to consoles for years since I haven't had one since my DS. I did have a 3DS for a little bit but I don't remember playing a lot on it. If anyone could give recommendations of stuff to check out I'd much appreciate it.

I've heard of most of the Nintendo fare, and will probably eye up Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem Awakening and finally play Majora's Mask (unless anyone wants to talk me down from one for some reason). But what are some of the more unusual and interesting stuff I could look into? I'm keen on games that are weird and different. I've never looked into the eShop or heard much about what's on there apart from some Pushmo games I've vaguely heard of? I don't mind something being a bit rough around the edges if there's something there to appreciate.

Also I liked 999 on the DS, it was a fun game. I'll consider Virtue's Last Reward but I am a bit wary that it wont be anywhere near as interesting when I start the game with a wealth of knowledge instead of starting it knowing nothing at all. I'd like to hear thoughts on this, but also any other narrative focused 3DS stuff too. The way the DS had Another Code and Hotel Dusk, I'd like to know if there's good narrative heavy stuff for 3DS (not that I ended up thinking that highly of either AC or HD in the end...).

The eShop has plenty worth checking out. Attack of the Friday Monsters is a fun, delicate little game. Shin Megami Tensei 4 is supposed to be good. There are loads of great ports/remasters (Phoenix Wright Trilogy is excellent). I can't recommend M2's Sega 3D Classics enough, though 'narrative heavy' they ain't. Resident Evil Revelations is cheap everywhere now, if that's your bag.

I'd avoid Crimson Shroud.

Thanks! Also yeah I'm looking for general fun times too. I mentioned narrative heavy in particular just cause I expect a lot of people wouldn't think of those when talking about 3DS games. I can't believe I forgot to bring up Pheonix Wright. I played the original trilogy and then Apollo Justice which felt more flat to me though maybe just cause I wanted Pheonix (which is funny cause usually I'm not big on sequels stringing characters along). How are the follow ups to that series? I know there was a Layton crossover but the idea sounds ropey to me. Worth following along?

ALSO GHOST TRICK. Damn I *loooved* that game. It just hit all the right sweet spots. 

SMT4 is excellent. If you've never played a SMT game before, you'd do yourself a disservice not picking it up!

Also if you're a persona fan, PQ: Shadow of the Labyrinth is a blast.

Gunman Clive is super cheap and a fun shooter.

rune factory 4 was a game people were raving about for ages in this thread. I never played it though

Finally there's this little game called Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Seriously, what are you doing right now? If it's not playing MH4U, going on amazon to order MH4U, or looking on the Monhun thread for hot tips, you need to get on it and get some monsters in your life. It's the best thing on the 3DS, and it'll last you for hours. (I'm coming up to 200) 

Get it and then come join the hunt with us! 

Get it

Get it

Get it

Get monster hunter 4 now.

I've only played Persona 4, not SMT proper, so two solid recs there. I didn't even know the 3DS had a Persona game.

I'm probably not going to get MonHun I'm afraid. I played a bit on the PSP (3 I think?). It seems a pretty solid game but I don't think I'm that compelled to play. I'm already playing Dark Souls which is giving me my fill of engaging/demanding combat. I don't feel like I'd get into MonHun even if it has better mechanics than DS.

Also I liked 999 on the DS, it was a fun game. I'll consider Virtue's Last Reward but I am a bit wary that it wont be anywhere near as interesting when I start the game with a wealth of knowledge instead of starting it knowing nothing at all. I'd like to hear thoughts on this, but also any other narrative focused 3DS stuff too. The way the DS had Another Code and Hotel Dusk, I'd like to know if there's good narrative heavy stuff for 3DS (not that I ended up thinking that highly of either AC or HD in the end...).

What do you mean about having a wealth of knowledge about VLR? That you played 999 before it or that you think you know how the story goes? It's probably the best game on the 3DS, absolutely incredible. And I didn't like Hotel Dusk either, high five! We're the only two people I think.

Seconding the Persona Q shout too, it's just an Etrian Odyssey game in fancy clothes but it turns out that's exactly what I needed them to do with that series to make me love one.

What do you mean about having a wealth of knowledge about VLR? That you played 999 before it or that you think you know how the story goes? It's probably the best game on the 3DS, absolutely incredible. And I didn't like Hotel Dusk either, high five! We're the only two people I think.

Seconding the Persona Q shout too, it's just an Etrian Odyssey game in fancy clothes but it turns out that's exactly what I needed them to do with that series to make me love one.

A lot of 999's charm was going from knowing nothing to learning the full story. I thought VLR would be diminished by the fact that I have some context, but if you're saying otherwise then I'm interested again. (also since you clearly have good taste returns high five)

Kid Icarus Uprising is a great game. You just have to get past the controls, which are bad if you're right handed, and downright awful if you're left handed. 

Don't forget about A Link Between Worlds. It's a really great Zelda game, that kinda messes with the formula.