Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

No it's not like Persona. It's a dungeon-crawling RPG with lots of dungeon-crawling and also pokemon capture monsters elements. I never got that far, but the story isn't really all that interesting 10 hours in. I guess like the church is evil or whatever it's a jrpg fuck it i dunno

The only Dungeon Crawler I've enjoyed so far is Legend of Grimrock, I don't know enough about the genre to know what I like or not. I only know that I hate when enemies spawn behind me or too quickly.

I guess it might get bored if it's just 1000 floors of dungeons with not much happening between floors?

There's quite a lot happening, it has a convoluted and crazy story, but you have to like pokemonning, as you spend most of your time recruiting and breeding demons.

I never finish SMT games, although I occasionally get to the end. But they're entertaining while they last. The last boss (and usually mant mid bosses) is invariably impossible without the right demon combination, which I rarely have.

I've always wanted to play a SMT game (that isn't Persona). I guess now is better than ever.

There's a new Nintendo Direct tomorrow! I wonder what they're going to show? Hopefully more Zelda and Starfox stuff!

Also Xenoblade got dispached today, so is coming soon! This, Bloodborne and MonHun is just too many big games to consume at once.

And Pillars of Eternity. ):

I'm hoping they'll talk about the future of their new account system whatsits tomorrow. Not really expecting much, though. ):

I've always wanted to play a SMT game (that isn't Persona). I guess now is better than ever.

There's a new Nintendo Direct tomorrow! I wonder what they're going to show? Hopefully more Zelda and Starfox stuff!

Also Xenoblade got dispached today, so is coming soon! This, Bloodborne and MonHun is just too many big games to consume at once.

For my money, I prefer the Devil Survivor games, which have FF Tactics-like combat.

For some reason, the main-line SMT game that worked best for me was Strange Journey. I don't know how it'll hold up today though.

It's ridiculous isn't it. I have Monster Hunter, Bloodborne and Persona Q (this is amazing!) on the go with Xenoblade 3D sitting here, PS4 Dark Souls II arriving today and a copy of Disgaea 5 currently somewhere between Osaka and my house. That's about 500 hours of games, just in time for summer!

I'm probably going to go pick up a copy of Xenoblade 3D, and i don't even have an n3DS to play it on right now.

The general buzz i've been hearing is that it is a very, very good tactics game that sort of sits in a valley between X-com and Valkyria Chronicles, but has interminably slow AI turns with no way to speed them up.

Also, this is apparently being patched with a way to speed up AI turns. So hey, Nintendo heard people, i guess.

Honestly and truly the creepiest thing tegan. Very nicely done.

I cut down all my non-fruit trees to make room for my fruit trees and now I can't have any tree easter eggs. oops.

guess I'll replant some evergreens.

If you were worried about Nintendo being total F2P scum going forward what with the Pokemon Shuffle thing and DeNA mobile stuff, some recent news about Pokemon Rumble World should be reassuring. Apparently the game has a hard cap on F2P spending stuff, $30. Once you spend that much, the game essentially reverts to a paid version by giving you a daily allowance of the game's currency and discounting everything that you can spend that currency on.

I've honestly never heard of anything quite like that, but frankly it's an amazing idea. If I could just buy out the F2P features of games that I ended up really liking, like Puzzle & Dragons and Marvel Puzzle Quest, I'd totally do it. 

If you were worried about Nintendo being total F2P scum going forward what with the Pokemon Shuffle thing and DeNA mobile stuff, some recent news about Pokemon Rumble World should be reassuring. Apparently the game has a hard cap on F2P spending stuff, $30. Once you spend that much, the game essentially reverts to a paid version by giving you a daily allowance of the game's currency and discounting everything that you can spend that currency on.

I've honestly never heard of anything quite like that, but frankly it's an amazing idea. If I could just buy out the F2P features of games that I ended up really liking, like Puzzle & Dragons and Marvel Puzzle Quest, I'd totally do it.

It's about time someone did something like that. I've had a few F2P games that I actually did enjoy and would have been willing to pay some flat amount for just to unlock everything. DoubleFine's Middle Manager of Justice is the closest thing I can think of, where there are two purchases you can make for a total of $4 that are all you ever really need to buy. The paid menu in the in-game shop also disappeared on me at some point (I don't know when that happened), and I assumed that it was either a glitch or was to prevent people from making unnecessary purchases.

I know some of the puzzle F2P games I have had an 'unlock all' purchase that locks it at a full version.

Yeah, I have heard of some situations where you can pay to remove ads or permanently unlock levels, but this Pokemon Rumble World seemed unique to me in that they actually modify the F2P mechanics to support a more paid-game attitude. I'm mildly curious to see if the allowance + discounts actually makes it feel more or less like a legit $30 game.

Also, I finally cleared out my Club Nintendo rewards and decided on Animal Crossing instead of Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. I know Tegan said she was still playing, is anyone else? I hardly have anyone friended/added/whatever on my 3DS to begin with.

If you don't mind adding a chronic lurker, I still play Animal Crossing daily, though Xenoblade has been quite the distraction since I got it last night. Friend code: 5129-3269-3257

You can also add me on Steam to easily let me know when you're interested in visiting/being visited.

(That also goes for anyone else in the thread. I'm always interested in more 3DS buddies)

Man, all this AC talk has made me want to play again. I haven't touched it since Winter, where I finally gave up trying to get all the bells I could. The Stalk market is a scary, crazy place. And I would buy a lot of turnips:

58qEiw4.jpg

In the end, I had amassed around 50 million bells. If anyone wants some money to pay off Tom Nook or w/e, I have enough money to pay off like 3 complete houses?

These were two of the last things I did in the game:

wUiObQF.jpgthc1UMR.jpg

I bought all of the stupid Streetpass stuff that came out today. Not just the two new games, but the VIP stuff and the Birthday collection thing. Oof.

I picked up MH4u and Majora's Mask both on the day of their simultaneous launch alongside the n3DS, and after some three hundred or so hours of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, i decided i should probably crack open Majora too.

I'm probably too early in Majora to make any big statements about the game, and it's been over a decade since i played the game last, but i'm still impressed with the density and complexity of the side quests in Clocktown. I think i like that the new quest journal sort of forces you to appreciate it more, because it seems like something that a lot of people would completely miss or otherwise lose sight of.

The game's presentation also still strikes me as really sharp and stylish, whereas the narrative presentation in Ocarina came across to me as kind of listless and staid when i was revisiting it with Ocarina 3D.

Edit: I assume it was probably the case, but perhaps somebody can confirm for me if you had to first slot a mask to equip it in Majora? It probably made a lot of sense there with how slow the UI used to be in those N64 games, but why is that still a part of how the UI works with the remake? It doesn't make sense with the remake's quick and easily accessed touchscreen inventory, the extra step of slotting the mask is now actually slowing you down. They're passive equipment, they don't really need to be on a hot key.

That's my minor gripe, as of this point in time.