Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

I'm actually rather enjoying the game, but I understand if people don't want microtransaction stuff pushed on them. I made sure to turn off those gamepad notifications on my Wii U. No thanks.

I considered downloading it before it got pushed onto my system, but decided that I absolutely shouldn't. I'd say it's safe to describe myself as having an addictive personality. I'm not about to willingly walk into thinly-veiled gambling if it means spending real money.

I personally haven't spent any real money on it, and I don't know anybody who has. It's a very bare-bones kind of puzzle game anyway, you're not missing much.

Hey, if anyone else is still playing Animal Crossing, I'd appreciate a hand getting the last few paintings for my museum. I have everything but the following:

• The Milkmaid - Johannes Vermeer
  • The Birth of Venus - Sandro Botticelli
  • The Gleaners - Jean-Francois Millet
  • Sunflowers - Vincent Van Gogh
  • Arearea - Paul Gaugin
  • Otani Oniji II - Toshusai Sharaku
  • The Hunters in the Snow
  • Venus de Milo - Alexandros of Antioch
  • Bust of Nefertiti - Thutmose

I'm still checking in with my villagers, specifically Flora the pink ostrich & Greta the mouse. I didn't get the game till February so I haven't burned out.

I will keep an eye out at Crazy Redd's for those pieces.

It looks like the Nintendo club in Europe finally has game downloads to trade for your points, or at least my country has?

Does anybody know if the 3DS Chibi Robo game is good? It looks like a camera game, so I'm slightly worried? It's also the most expensive at 7300 points!

Sweet, I just picked up Metroid Fusion. I still have 2000+ stars left and nothing else looks interesting.

Nevermind, I picked up Super Mario World too.

It looks like the Nintendo club in Europe finally has game downloads to trade for your points, or at least my country has?

Does anybody know if the 3DS Chibi Robo game is good? It looks like a camera game, so I'm slightly worried? It's also the most expensive at 7300 points!

Well, it's not just a camera game, the camera stuff actually ends up being a fairly small part of it. What it's actually doing is trying very hard to be a real Chibi-Robo game, but it clearly just didn't have the budget or time to achieve that goal. All of the pieces are there, but not necessarily the breadth of content to support it. The areas are too small for the game to really emphasize exploration like the original, so you're instead expected to grind out self-contained tasks over and over, and the mechanics that's built around just aren't engaging enough to prop up that kind of repetition. It just kinda sucks.

Wow, then I'm definitely not going to get it, if it had cost less point, I might have given it a go, but I'm sure I can find something better that that. I'll probably get some 3DS ones.

Does anybody know if the Mario Tennis on 3DS is the N64 one? I also see some titles I've never heard of... Splash or Crash, a game about dropping things down a well?  :blink:

I know this is nothing new for the US, but it's amazing to see actual games in the EU Stars Catalogue! 1300 for A Link To The Past seems like the best SNES deal. I think I might make mine Super Metroid though.

My WiiU has essentially become a Metroid machine. If I get 1 and 2 I think I'll have every game installed on it.

I just looked at the US star catalog.... they have FULL WIIU games for points.... I'm kinda upset. I would much rather have the Wonder 101 than a SNES or GBA game I already own in it's original format.

Would it be silly to wait a little longer to see if they add more games?  :unsure:

Wait it out. Nothing to lose.

Adding up my SNES/NES/GBA library on a wiiu is great for the games I missed out on.

I can't believe this, the AU version still has random promotional tat.

Finally got some use for my pile of Club Nintendo points cards. We Nordic people are such suckers and 3rd rate customers for Nintendo that we have never had Club Nintendo and so have never had the chance to get any of the goodies that have been in that service. Now with the digital download codes it's finally possible. Just sucks that I can't get points for any of the hardware I own, I would get like thousands if it only were possible to register those.

I calculated I have 7000 points worth of cards so should be able to get some fun stuff out of the shop.

Also really pisses me off that Super Smash Bros 3DS came with a Club Nintendo code, but yesterday I bought Super Smash Bros Wii U and it did not include a card. So now I can't get the Mewtwo DLC bonus from Club Nintendo. Damn Bergsala...

By the way, any North American Thumbs want a download code for Mighty Gunvolt? I got a code from the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter, but as usual it's only for North American eShop. We European suckers don't even have Azure Striker Gunvolt or Mighty Gunvolt in the eShop yet. Though we will FINALLY soon have at least Azure Striker Gunvolt.

I can send the code (which hopefully still is valid and works) by PM. I don't know if it has some expiry date?

By the way, any North American Thumbs want a download code for Mighty Gunvolt? I got a code from the Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter, but as usual it's only for North American eShop. We European suckers don't even have Azure Striker Gunvolt or Mighty Gunvolt in the eShop yet. Though we will FINALLY soon have at least Azure Striker Gunvolt.

I can send the code (which hopefully still is valid and works) by PM. I don't know if it has some expiry date?

Sure, why not?

Has anyone touched project steam? Monster hunter has revitalised my interest in my 3ds, and I've heard mixed things from previews. So yeah, any good?

I'm pretty sure there's a demo out for Project S.T.E.A.M. I remember thinking it was alright, but I got mildly annoyed that all the characters were clearly influenced by american culture, yet it was all set in steam-punk London. Not a Top hat to be seen. The fuck Nintendo.

Has anyone touched project steam? Monster hunter has revitalised my interest in my 3ds, and I've heard mixed things from previews. So yeah, any good?

The general buzz i've been hearing is that it is a very, very good tactics game that sort of sits in a valley between X-com and Valkyria Chronicles, but has interminably slow AI turns with no way to speed them up.

I think I may have asked how Shin Megami Tensei IV was before at the last price drop, but now it's even cheaper than the last time. Is it like Persona?

Not in any meaningful way. while Persona is a JRPG with social link / dating mechanics, the main line SMT series is basically a dungeon crawl (think Etrian Odyssey) with demons filling in for Pokemon.