Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

The news of a new Fire Emblem made me pick up awakening again. I beat it on Normal originally, so I tried out Hard last night. Fuck it's hard! Keeping characters alive is so freaking difficult. I think Normal is just the best way to play mainly for one reason:

In hard you have to keep every single person together in a tight knit group to fight enemies. In normal you can split your characters into mini task forces that are able to deal with a few enemies each. I think that's just more tactical play, other than "keep everyone together." Maybe it changes once you get further into the game and have more choices/more power houses, but early on, hard difficulty isn't that fun.

seriously fuck scalpers though

i wish it was illegal

for real though fuck them all

The news of a new Fire Emblem made me pick up awakening again. I beat it on Normal originally, so I tried out Hard last night. Fuck it's hard! Keeping characters alive is so freaking difficult. I think Normal is just the best way to play mainly for one reason:

In hard you have to keep every single person together in a tight knit group to fight enemies. In normal you can split your characters into mini task forces that are able to deal with a few enemies each. I think that's just more tactical play, other than "keep everyone together." Maybe it changes once you get further into the game and have more choices/more power houses, but early on, hard difficulty isn't that fun.

I've heard folks saying that they have a lot of fun playing on hard with permadeath off.

seriously fuck scalpers though

i wish it was illegal

for real though fuck them all

I'm tempted to make the pre-order just to sell again on eBay. I'm a terrible person, but the money to be made is hard to resist.

So, now that I've reached a stopping point in Monster Hunter, I'm thinking of picking up Fantasy Life. Any opinions on the value of that game in the long term? It sounded like people were pretty into it when it first came out.

I devoured it and finished almost everything in the game. I played over 100 hours for sure, most of it while listening to podcasts. I didn't do the last final unlocked end-game (DLC) stuff because I wasn't a high enough level and just kind of felt I was done with it.

It's a game that has a lot of grinding, but I didn't find it off-putting. It's also not an exceptionally difficult game, and I found that to be one of its positive points.

Buuuut I also know a lot of people got bored with the game fairly quickly. So, I don't know!

That's it, I'm moving to the UK.

NA is the new EU and I hate it.

Put a hundo down on the new 3DS today and picked up a 32GB microSD card. Fuck these hidden expenses.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but apparently you have to unscrew the back panel to change the microSD card. I somehow was able to get a preorder in for the Majora's Mask one, and was planning on replacing the stock 4GB with a bigger card. I'm not thrilled about having to crack the thing open on day one.

Yeah, it's hidden behind the rear faceplate with the stylus and battery:

N1DXa9p.png

It can be accessed by a PC on a network now though, so no more removing the card to get screenshots off. Once it's in there, it's basically in there for good.

I'm somewhat apprehensive about doing that license transfer process again, it always feels like it's holding together on a hope and a prayer, i'm afraid things are just going to vanish into the ether.

One of these days those Pikmin are just gonna get eaten by a Bulborb, huh?

Or your internet connection fails, or the hardware locks up, and your games get lost in some kind of weird database limbo.

Those games still don't truly tether into any accounts, it's all still just hardware serial numbers.

Call me weak, but I went and pre-ordered yesterday from Amazon France the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Special Edition N3DS XL.

I saw one friend of my wife owning that in Japan last autumn and damn it looks so sweet that I just couldn't resist. Also the Amazon price was like 40 euros cheaper than the Finnish and UK prices so it was a done deal immediately.

Have to get rid of my red 3DS XL after the new one arrives.

But I do have to say that the European prices for N3DS and N3DS XL are just insane. I could've gotten it from Japan during the autumn for half the price new, if there was no damn region lock.

This thread has now 99 pages!?! Damn I really have some reading to due to my few years of absence from the forums.

NA is the new EU and I hate it.

Suck it up, buttercup

Shantae ain't ever coming out here except for the iOS port.

Suck it up, buttercup

Shantae ain't ever coming out here except for the iOS port.

That's one of the most tragic things I've ever seen.

Call me weak, but I went and pre-ordered yesterday from Amazon France the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Special Edition N3DS XL.

This model is freaking gorgeous, if I was going to buy a new 3DS this would be one I'd chose.

Honestly yeah I don't even know if I'll like Monster Hunter (plan to get MH4, though), but that model looks real nice.

So, I imagine that MH4 will be coded to take advantage of the extra memory and stick, but still be old 3DS compatible?

I mean, the demo's in the wild, codes went out to a bunch of people, and nobody has an N3DS yet, so i would assume the retail game won't suddenly not run on normal 3DS hardware.

I'm a little confused about how the system transfer shit works with regard to pre-installed games. I kinda want the Monster Hunter bundle, but it comes with the game pre-installed.

I feel like once I'm done transferring and I have my big old sd card in there, the game will be obliterated and I'll have no way to redownload it, because it's Nintendo. 

I'm a little confused about how the system transfer shit works with regard to pre-installed games. I kinda want the Monster Hunter bundle, but it comes with the game pre-installed.

I feel like once I'm done transferring and I have my big old sd card in there, the game will be obliterated and I'll have no way to redownload it, because it's Nintendo. 

The system transfer is weird. Transferring will mean that yes, your game will be deleted, but it's tied to your Nintendo ID, so you can just redownload it from the store.