Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

Please tell me that faster processor makes Pokémon run at a reasonable framerate when the 3DS is on.

Sorry the dude didn't have a copy of Pokemon. I'll try to put my cartridge in there and see next time!

New 3DS confirmed to be coming stateside on 02/13 and will include exciting new features like "only comes in XL variety" and "does not include AC adapter."

New 3DS confirmed to be coming stateside on 02/13 and will include exciting new features like "only comes in XL variety" and "does not include AC adapter."

Hooray! Even more reasons to not bother with it!

hnnnnggggg do I choose the Monhun4 New 3ds or Majora's mask 3ds? DECISIONS. STILL FUCK YOU NINTENDO FOR NOT GIVING ME AMBASSADOR 3DS.

B7UUePwIgAAaphl.png

What the hell is wrong with Nintendo? No regular-sized N3DS? No AC wall charger included? The more expensive Majora's Mask 3DS doesn't include a copy of the game?

I just...

What the fuck, dudes?

I'm a sucker for all kinds of shit with Majoras Mask on it. I was not planing on getting a new 3ds, but now I'm considering it. No AC charger is weird, but I have an AC charger so it barely affects me. I'm very simple and easy to manipulate, as a consumer.

On the other hand, my current 3DS is only slightly more than a year old. And I put a limited edition B-Side Label sticker on it.  So maybe I should curb my childish fanboy instincts.

The more expensive Majora's Mask 3DS doesn't include a copy of the game?

What? Maybe it's a country thing, but it clearly states that the game is pre-installed onto the 3DS.

Edit: I also agree with dium, I already have a 3DS charger, and I don't think it'll be a different charger. If so, it's only like £10.

Yeah, I got a handful of those USB cables to charge with so I can plug it directly into my 5-port USB charging hub thing.

So Majora's Mask 3D comes on February? Didn't expect it so soon. I was going to buy Ocarina of Time first, but I think I'll just wait, MM seems to be a better game.

So Majora's Mask 3D comes on February? Didn't expect it so soon. I was going to buy Ocarina of Time first, but I think I'll just wait, MM seems to be a better game.

Man you're playing with fire with this comment.

Man you're playing with fire with this comment.

Hahahaha. My opinion is purely based on Majora's Mask being a "darker" and weirder game, I think I will enjoy it more. But I never played any, so I know nothing of this. 

NEW 3DS, that's certainly a thing (and only two years overdue, really)! They finally added that second stick, people. That's hot news. Now a handful of games will be able to use that, but probably not really since it needs to be backwards compatible and still offer a good experience.

Majora's Mask, now that's some hot stuff. And the faceplates! I mean the exchangeable plates on the (not XL) 3DS! (Which apparently is only for Europeans and Asians, with our tiny hands?)

The face tracking is an added bonus, I'm curious how that'll improve the 3D. The screens are a little larger too, which I guess is OK, but the resolution is still the same, so things will get fuzzier, like on the XL.

If so, it's only like £10.

And it  costs them, what--£1 to put one in the box? It's bullshit. It's like selling you a vacuum cleaner without a plug.

I remember hearing on the 8-4 Play podcast that there is some weird tax reason why electronics don't come with power cables in Japan. 

Also, I hope the new Fire Emblem is actually called "The Latest in the Fire Emblem Series" to stay in keeping with Nintendo's naming style guide. 

I also, hope nobody else made this joke in previous pages because I didn't go back and read them. 

So, much like the limited edition Majoras Mask 3DS software, the limited edition Majoras Mask hardware was only available for a few hours after being announced. Basically only career-scalpers actually got their hands on one. 

(and by "got their hands on one" I of course mean "pre-ordered in time to get their hands on one once Feb 13 rolls around")

I remember hearing on the 8-4 Play podcast that there is some weird tax reason why electronics don't come with power cables in Japan. 

Also, I hope the new Fire Emblem is actually called "The Latest in the Fire Emblem Series" to stay in keeping with Nintendo's naming style guide. 

I also, hope nobody else made this joke in previous pages because I didn't go back and read them. 

"The next great sequel in the Saints Row Franchise"

New Fire Emblem game was announced, i can't help but notice that the combat models no longer have ankle stumps. They're moving past that weird ass aesthetic choice Awakening made.

Codename Steam is also going to have playable FE characters to be unlocked with the Smash Bros amiibos of those characters, i guess? Nintendo is claiming that Marth will get a second run, but i suspect it's still going to end up being quite underproduced.

Hahahaha. My opinion is purely based on Majora's Mask being a "darker" and weirder game, I think I will enjoy it more. But I never played any, so I know nothing of this. 

Majora's Mask is definitely better than Ocarina of Time. That's a fact, an irrefutable fact. Naysayers are filthy liars!

Majora's Mask is definitely better than Ocarina of Time. That's a fact, an irrefutable fact. Naysayers are filthy liars!

Truer words may have been spoken, but this is still pretty true.

I was not planning on getting a New 3DS. Then the Majoras Mask 3DS was announced, and suddenly I was on the fence. Then I found out how quickly the goddamn thing sold out (15 minutes according to Kotaku and Forbes) and all of a sudden I wanted one really badly.

Best Buy just started selling them and I picked one up as soon as I knew. I feel victorious and satisfied... but also really gross for how quickly I was just hypnotized by little more than strategic marketing. I've never went from not desiring an item (in that price range) to buying it so quickly before, and it's kinda icky.

It didn't help that the release date is my birthday.

But! Soon I'm gonna have that sweet-ass 3DS! That aint bad.

Please tell me that faster processor makes Pokémon run at a reasonable framerate when the 3DS is on.

Hey so while everybody is being angry about NoA's decisions regarding the New 3DS XL, I have more fuel to add to the fire.

The new 3DS does NOT have improved framerate with 3D on during battles. Checked it on my friend's new 3DS just now.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

The N3DS underclocks itself when running games not designed to take advantage of the added power. (Or else things could break in strange and unpredictable ways.)

Dang. Maybe they'll patch it at some point.

Also, I was sort of right about the Hoopa thing! This showed up at the same times as the Direct: