Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

It's amazing how shit the Tetris license is in the US/EU. I'd kill for the JP Tetris games like Grand Masters or Puyo Puyo, unfortunately I don't have an Xbox One and the 3DS is region locked so I'm out of luck.

Wasn't there that really awesome SNES (well, SFC technically) Tetris game that gets mentioned on Giantbomb every so often that never came out here?

Is anybody else getting these "Ambassador" New 3DS emails? I don't think a Smash Bros faceplate and getting it sooner than the rest is really worth 199€.

Is anybody else getting these "Ambassador" New 3DS emails? I don't think a Smash Bros faceplate and getting it sooner than the rest is really worth 199€.

I would probably get one if they offer them to us in the US. They posted this break down on the site of why it costs that much. I guess the extra 20 is just for getting it early, haha.

tmp_1684-2015-01-0618yjsuz.png

When the fuck are they announcing release dates? The crack on my XL's hinge is getting worse and I'm getting really worried that it'll break completely before the new systems hit here.

Ugh, I hate myself for wanting a New 3DS. My XL works fine and I don't use it enough as is. I am definitely going to cave when they hit a decent sale price...

Fuckin' Skull Kid Figure Collector's Edition Majora's Mask 3D goes on sale today... and is already sold out everywhere. Argh. Normally I don't care but it's Majora's Mask. ARGH.

Fuckin' Skull Kid Figure Collector's Edition Majora's Mask 3D goes on sale today... and is already sold out everywhere. Argh. Normally I don't care but it's Majora's Mask. ARGH.

... I got one.  :fart:

I didn't get one, and I'm an ambassador. Turns out that not every ambassador got the email, which is bull shit. If you're not going to get it, I'd really appreciate getting it from your account somehow.

Pretty sure the New 3DS Ambassador program is different from the 3DS Ambassador program (where you got a bunch of GBA and NES games) and  they just stupidly picked the same name to use.

Pretty sure the New 3DS Ambassador program is different from the 3DS Ambassador program (where you got a bunch of GBA and NES games) and  they just stupidly picked the same name to use.

Right, it is. The New 3DS Ambassador thing is just that random Platinum Club Nintendo Members in Europe received emails offering an Ambassador New 3DS. It has nothing to do with your Ambassador Program status from the original 3DS.

Nintendo picking confusing names for things?  I find this hard to believe from the creators of the Wii and 3DS.  I mean Wii U and New 3DS.  I mean... what was my point again?

Oh. ._.

Right, it is. The New 3DS Ambassador thing is just that random Platinum Club Nintendo Members in Europe received emails offering an Ambassador New 3DS. It has nothing to do with your Ambassador Program status from the original 3DS.

Platinum Club isn't a thing in the EU Club Nintendo, so I don't even know what that's all about. :/

Either way I sent a support email to them expressing my disappointment. Seriously bummed out, but then again I think I'd prefer the New 3DS XL version anyways.

Oh. ._.

Platinum Club isn't a thing in the EU Club Nintendo, so I don't even know what that's all about. :/

Either way I sent a support email to them expressing my disappointment. Seriously bummed out, but then again I think I'd prefer the New 3DS XL version anyways.

Oh sorry. Weird that Nintendo has a Club Nintendo for each region that each have their own rules. It's coins in the US but Stars in the EU, right? Why don't they just make it the same everywhere? :/

Stars and Coins have different values, too.

They should just go whole hog and make them all different currencies from different Nintendo games. Coins, Rupees, Pokéyen, etc.

There's a 3DS/Wii U Nintendo Direct on Wednesday at 6am Pacific for Japan and America. It also seems likely that Gamestop is going to start taking pre-orders on the new 3DS around the same time and that it will release February 13th.

I figure we're likely to also see details on Majora's Mask 3D and the Hoopa distribution event for Pokémon ORAS, since we know those are both coming up really soon.

Yup! Looking forward to it, hope to see some Majora's Mask and hopefully they announced that Xenoblade Chronicles port for the US as well. I love having big RPGS on handheld.

I'm in Australia so I've seen the new 3DS 3D screen. It's really good guys. Really really good. Definitely worth keeping the 3D on all the time now.

Please tell me that faster processor makes Pokémon run at a reasonable framerate when the 3DS is on.

Please tell me that faster processor makes Pokémon run at a reasonable framerate when the 3DS is on.

Well I'm sure surprised it runs at any framerate when the 3DS is off!

teehee