Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

I got my 3DS! I´ve only got the Mario Jump Sim 2014 and I´m not entirely digging it so far so I´m gonna go and see if I can pick up Zelda vs. Link: A Crack in Time or the semi-latest pokemen tomorrow. 

I mock because I love. 

Do you know they're doing another of their free game promotions at the moment? You should be eligible for this unless I'm missing something

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_183469387_6?ie=UTF8&docId=1000831233&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0747SHS7NS6QXWAX7F5G&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=536073467&pf_rd_i=B00B8QDNVI

Edit - I was, I now see it was a used one. Carry on.

Argh, the white New 3DS is tempting me to downsize from my XL. The sexiness of those SNES coloured buttons are doing their thing. Also, the New XL is reportedly a fingerprinty, slippery git. I'm sure I can wait until they release a New XL in matte white with the coloured buttons. And 1:1 pixel resolution with VC games on the smaller version leaves you with postage stamp-sized screens. But dayam.

2640066-3dsbuttons.jpg

I guess that little bit of extra power might also speed up save state menus in VC titles too. Has anyone read anything to that end?

I'll be getting the XL because I just can't go back to the smaller screens, but hot damn do I love the smaller units this time around. I want a white one and a billion faceplates.

I love my 3DS. It's the original small version and I'm fine with it. I need at least one portable system and PSVita is too big. 

Is anyone else playing Theatrhythm Curtain Call? It's fantastic, and I say this a someone who doesn't really care for Final Fantasy and has in fact never beaten one. Well, Mystic Quest, but that was 20 years ago. It's just a very solid music game with a lot of variety, unlockable content and downright clever ideas. It even has an online battle mode and it works and oh wow it's good. In my all time mental ranking of fun rhythm games it's slightly above Gitaroo Man and a shade below Ouendan.

Is anyone else playing Theatrhythm Curtain Call? It's fantastic, and I say this a someone who doesn't really care for Final Fantasy and has in fact never beaten one. Well, Mystic Quest, but that was 20 years ago. It's just a very solid music game with a lot of variety, unlockable content and downright clever ideas. It even has an online battle mode and it works and oh wow it's good. In my all time mental ranking of fun rhythm games it's slightly above Gitaroo Man and a shade below Ouendan.

Yeah? I find myself a little unenthused because it feels like I've mostly seen what it has to offer after only a few hours. I think part of my problem is that it feels like there's a huge skill gap between the medium and the hard mode, so medium's too easy but hard just fucks me over. Maybe it's because I've only done a few of the harder ones and there's a progression there I haven't worked out, like how I Love Rock and Roll on hard's not too much more difficult than the top tier medium songs in Guitar Hero.

I guess there is a 'final boss', as it were, if I get 20,000 rhythmia, which I'm not far off from at this point.

Is that a Nintendo 3DS XL in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Both!

I would probably get a 3DS XL at some point if I didn't feel obligated to take it everywhere because of Streetpass nonsense. Otherwise, it's a no go.

I have a backpack, but yeah it lives in there and I get hella Streetpasses.

This is what I do for uni. My 3DS just lives in my backpack. You gotta get those play coins too now. I'm glad Smash Bros lets you make use of play coins.

I wish I could do that. The battery life on a 3DS XL is just awful. I don't get how it uses so much battery when idling.

I wish I could do that. The battery life on a 3DS XL is just awful. I don't get how it uses so much battery when idling.

I have a 3DS XL, and it goes several days without a charge.

I don't play mine very often but I'm sure I've left it in sleep mode for at least half a week immediately after a charge (I've never timed it) and it's still good to go when I actually want to play it.

Are there any Australians/New Zealanderers here and can they point me towards an online retailer based in their countries that might ship me a New 3DS? Is Mighty Ape my best bet?

I think part of my problem is that it feels like there's a huge skill gap between the medium and the hard mode, so medium's too easy but hard just fucks me over. 

My post was made before I had tried one of the hard mode scores! My sweet lord. Hard mode in rhythm games is meant to be terrifying though, or so I'm telling myself for now. On normal it is a little disappointing how well I'm scoring on tracks I've never heard before so I'm hoping with a bit of practice hard becomes doable.

The non-Kickstarter Shantae game launches in three days. It looks pretty rad.

Are there any Australians/New Zealanderers here and can they point me towards an online retailer based in their countries that might ship me a New 3DS? Is Mighty Ape my best bet?

My post was made before I had tried one of the hard mode scores! My sweet lord. Hard mode in rhythm games is meant to be terrifying though, or so I'm telling myself for now. On normal it is a little disappointing how well I'm scoring on tracks I've never heard before so I'm hoping with a bit of practice hard becomes doable.

An FAQ says there's an unlockable super-hard mode, so.

I caved and bought Shantae. I'm so glad I bought it on 3DS, because otherwise I wouldn't have ever known that they used the 3D effect to give all the female characters' talking sprites pop-out boobs. That is the most Wayforward-ass thing to do.