Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

I hate the garden one because each action has such a grueling long animation, I stopped playing as soon as I had 20 flowers in my book.

I hold down R and everyone speeds up - part of my dislike for Streetpass Battle is that it responds to R inconsistently. After 20 flowers the game gets a lot less chatty, which is really how it should have been at the start.

Oh yeah, it wasn't just the animation, but the fact that they went through loads of text that was identical every time. It just felt like it took forever even with R, especially compared to the speed of the Nintendo-made Streetpass games.

Mii Force is really annoying and yeah I've taken to skipping it as well unless I feel like playing it which is pretty much neverrrrrrr.

I actually really like the gardening one, but I tend to dread it, too, because of all that text.

Mii Manor definitely best.

The battle one is nice until you get to the point where you can never actually battle for like a week.

The battle one is nice until you get to the point where you can never actually battle for like a week.

I finally had my first battle in a couple weeks the other day which means that I won't be able to do anything in that game any time soon.

Protip if you get Warrior's Way: the whole game scales to the size of your army, so while it seems like a good idea to amass a huge army and overwhelm your opponent through sheer numbers, it will just make the game more tedious in the long run. My final boss has an army of 250,000 units and a Streetpass from someone who doesn't have the game will only get you like 10 units.

The other thing about Warrior's Way is that it's capped at 9,999,999 soldiers, which is lame.

Just tons and tons of good to great RPG's on the 3DS too. (Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey 4, Rune Factory 4, Project X Zone, and more.)

Bravely Default is ace, as well as Etrian Odyssey, but Project X Zone sucked. It's great for the first 5 hours or so, when they slowly drip feed you characters, but the story drags, and the fighting gets repetitive and boring, and you just sorta switch off. I didn't finish it, for shame.

Also you're forgetting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It's one of those games you either love or hate, but if you love it, you'll be suckered in for hours.

Finally, Fantasy Life is flippin' brilliant. It's an Action RPG where you can change lives to do different things, ranging from fighting classes (mercenaries, paladins, wizaaaaard) to support classes (cook, miner, lumberjack). It sounds really grindy, but it's presented really nicely and it's really addictive. Give it a go.

I want more screenshots like this.

Ask and ye shall recieve:

BzoEsMnCMAE6A23.jpg

The New 3DS is out in Japan now, so there's some unboxing videos and the like showing up online. It looks good and everything runs way faster, expecially downloads. Keen!

Project X Zone sucked. It's great for the first 5 hours or so, when they slowly drip feed you characters, but the story drags, and the fighting gets repetitive and boring, and you just sorta switch off. I didn't finish it, for shame.

In my mind, it's a good amusing game with caveats. Yes, the story is incoherent and awful and it takes too long to introduce all of its characters, but i loved that combat system, finding ways to juggle enemies for big extended combos was a pretty good hook.

I would give it the weakest recommendation of any of the games i listed off, but i still like that game quite a lot.

I've basically finished all 4 Streetpass games - I have 6 plaza tickets left to get, and 3 of them are in Galaxy. I'll almost certainly get the last plaza ticket for Battle at PAX, and I might get pretty close to the top of Mansion (although I'm a little worried I won't get puzzle boxes at a convention, which is what I actually need). I'm way off getting the tickets for Galaxy (you have to clear levels 120 times, which I just could not be arsed doing).

I haven't gotten close to beating any of the games and currently have 15 unused Plaza tickets because I've already gotten everything I want and everything else is kind of meh. I've probably been wearing the tingle hat for over a year.

I save my tickets because all I want are the console and food hats.

I usually wear the Tanooki Suit, though at the moment I'm dressed in orange with the Jack O'Lantern hat.

...Also you're forgetting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It's one of those games you either love or hate, but if you love it, you'll be suckered in for hours...

Just to point it out though Monster hunter 4 ultimate should be dropping early next year, so if you are on the fence may be best to wait for that as it will have online play and such.

Also if you are just thinking of getting a 3ds, I would wait, the new 3ds will likely be announced for US release soon.

Just to point it out though Monster hunter 4 ultimate should be dropping early next year, so if you are on the fence may be best to wait for that as it will have online play and such.

Also if you are just thinking of getting a 3ds, I would wait, the new 3ds will likely be announced for US release soon.

Yeah, i can't recommend the 3DS version of 3U, unless you're lucky enough to have a bunch of friends who are on board with doing local multiplayer. MH is a miserable solo experience imo.

MH4, which will be 3DS exclusive, will have online play on the 3DS and that will probably be pretty easy to recommend. Monster Hunter is a pretty amazing experience when you have a good group of people to play with.

Finally, Fantasy Life is flippin' brilliant. It's an Action RPG where you can change lives to do different things, ranging from fighting classes (mercenaries, paladins, wizaaaaard) to support classes (cook, miner, lumberjack). It sounds really grindy, but it's presented really nicely and it's really addictive. Give it a go.

Wait wait wait, what? There's an Action-RPG where I can be a lumberjack?!

fukken sold

So I bit the bullet and bought a 3DS from Amazon. I´m living in Spain at the moment and was hoping to pick a cheaper one up from the UK and have it delivered here, however, no dice. There´s like a 40€ difference in price for some undiscernible reason. So I ended up buying a used black one for around £99 from Amazon.es. I also managed to get Super Mario Mega Land-World in 3D for the Nintendo 3DS World Entertainment System. 

I plan on definitely getting the latest pokemen, and eventually the Fire Emblem/Rune Factory games, but as of now I don´t want to spend too much money before I know whether or not I´ll actually enjoy the system. 

Oh and thanks for the info Tegan, and supporting cast, I really appreciate it. The 3DS is something I´ve always been interested in and I´ve never touched so there´s plenty of back catalogue for me to sink my teeth into. I´ll definitely look into Fantasy Life. 

Wait wait wait, what? There's an Action-RPG where I can be a lumberjack?!

fukken sold

I believe the official title in the game is 'woodcutter'. But we all know that it's a lumberjack really.

...eventually the Fire Emblem/Rune Factory games...

Bad news I'm afraid, it looks like rune factory will never be released in the EU as the publisher fell through. Hopefully someone else will pick it up, but it's doubtful. :/

Hey Eurobros, Shin Megami Tensei IV is finally out on the 30th. 20 Euro apparently, what does that usually come to in pounds?

Bayonetta one week, this the next, then NES Remix 3DS after that... They don't know much about spreading out big releases but I'll take it.

So, has anyone ever tried any of the Legend of the River King games? I saw the second one landed on the 3DS eShop a few weeks ago, and it got me interested. The most recent one came out on regular DS 5 years ago or so, I could sill buy that and play it on a 3DS right?

I played one a long time ago because I used to really like Harvest Moon games and I found it enjoyable in the same vein, but I don't remember much about it specifically.

So, has anyone ever tried any of the Legend of the River King games? I saw the second one landed on the 3DS eShop a few weeks ago, and it got me interested. The most recent one came out on regular DS 5 years ago or so, I could sill buy that and play it on a 3DS right?

They are atrocious (at least the DS one is), and that comes from somebody who enjoys Harvest Moon.

I don't remember much about it other than finding it very frustrating. I recall it being very boring, and the controls being borderline broken.

Even among janky-to-broken Natsume games, it's bad.

Hey Eurobros, Shin Megami Tensei IV is finally out on the 30th. 20 Euro apparently, what does that usually come to in pounds?

Bayonetta one week, this the next, then NES Remix 3DS after that... They don't know much about spreading out big releases but I'll take it.

Woooooo