Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

For anyone else still playing, there will be distribution events for shiny Gengar (why do they keep giving away the shinies that I've already bred?) and Diancie at Gamestop next month. Apparently you have to actually go in and get a code card thing. I miss just being able to sit in the display furniture in the mall and download event Pokémon from the EB Games across the hallway.

Have my free game:

Just enter this code at the eShop of any (North American region) 3DS, and your FREE download of Mighty Gunvolt will be ready to go!

Edit: I sent you the code in a message. Hopefully a lurker didn't grab it first

So, I want to redeem that code, but my 3DS is telling me that I need to charge its batteries more so that I can do that. I fear that in the mean time, I will lose out on a thing that I definitely want.

Edit: Damn. Oh wellllll, lost out. It was redeemed before my 3DS would allow me to do it. I just really want to play Mighty Gunvolt and I really don't want to play Azure Striker Gunvolt. Thanks, though, Mington! 

You definitely are not, also you had better play the shit out of that game or I'll be real disappointed.

I will play it immediately. It's actually a new backlog policy of mine, if I get a free game from someone or a game as a gift it always goes to the top of my backlog.

Also, I was dying for an excuse to use that gif for weeks now. So... just know that.

I'm a little disappointed with the second analog stick. It's still a little nubbin. I was surprised they didn't come out with a full second stick on the original 3DS. Approx 98% of my 3DS use has been Mii Spot Pass. I got it because I managed to get the Ambassador deal while still paying the dropped price. And I enjoyed fire emblem and stuff, but I haven't used it that much. Mostly because they refuse to do sales and I honestly don't see much that really grabs me, other than Shovel Knight. 

I'm going to get Smash though and I think that will probably justify the purchase in a lot of ways for me, haha. And maybe I'll splurge and get the new Phoenix Wright game finally. Really the only reason I played my original DS either. 

My biggest problem with the 3DS is that it feels like a toy. I'm always worried I'm going to break it or snap it in half. The Vita is the complete opposite, a really sturdy piece of hardware.

Ironically, the WiiU feels great. It's incredibly well built, including the tablet and the procrontroller, while the PS4 feels like a prototype that's constantly about to fall apart.

The box looks really nice, but the design of the actual stuff on the 3DS looks kinda shit. Also, who actually cares in light of new 3DS XL?

OH

MY

GOOOOOOOOOOOD

Ha, I just saw this and my first thought was that Tegan would go nuts for it.

Gamestop exclusive?  But the only games retailer I've been to in years has been Nintendo World.

I believe it hasn't been confirmed that The New 3DS will actually come out in other regions aside from JP, so I guess that'd be some reason to not get too excited for it. I mean, they look pretty cool I suppose. Also, I probably won't upgrade myself unless there's a really compelling reason to do so, as I bit on the DSi back in the day and that was a total waste of time and extra money personally.

It has been confirmed, but not until 2015. So this is the play for Holiday sales as I guess they won't have enough manufactured for a worldwide release before then.

Also the NES 3DS could have been way better designed. A NES pad on the top, considering you don't even see that when playing, is really redundant and pretty dumb. Customise your insides more, Nintendo.

Great way to sell all the old 3DS innards and shells before the New Newtendo 3DS arrives.

Yeah. I assume they have a warehouse full of the old chips and whatnot that they need to clear, and a cosmetic update is probably the best way to goose the sales to do that.

Wait, I meant to say "Go nuts with your guts, Big N". Can a Mod edit my post?

YOU can edit your posts. That's what the "edit" button is for.

EDIT: See?

EDIT 2: It works!

Edited by miffy495

There's demos for Smash Bros. and Pokémon coming out in North America! That's pretty unprecedented for Nintendo.