Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

I don't think it's onerous, I think it's silly.  I understand the idea of wanting parental controls, that I have no problem with.  But it's like Tegan said, Nintendo has to do it to keep the blame off because people will inevitably blame Nintendo instead of themselves.

It's not about actual prevention (because you can't prevent it); it's about making enough of a token effort to be able to legally claim no liability.

I get it but my point was that they SHOULDN'T be legally accountable at all, even in the slightest. It is not their fault. They've done everything they should in providing parental control support. Anything beyond that, especially one that costs people who aren't children money is far beyond their responsibility. Some idiot parent might make a fuss, but some idiot parent is ALWAYS going to make a fuss. No matter how many obstacles they add, there's going to be something that slips through the cracks, because there always is.

God, can we please get Swapnote back one day?!

(click the picture)

I never got any real Swapnotes but I honestly really enjoyed watching Nikki draw out hers. It was kind of adorable in that Nintendo way. I looked forward to new ones!

Am I weird? D:

I never got any real Swapnotes but I honestly really enjoyed watching Nikki draw out hers. It was kind of adorable in that Nintendo way. I looked forward to new ones!

Am I weird? D:

If that's weird then I am too because I also enjoyed this.

I was part of a big pile of posters from something awful who kept a healthy flurry of swap notes going for a surprisingly long amount of time. It was fun!

I've had Jeremy Parish of USGamer on my friends list since launch, so I am one of the privileged few who received a glimpse into the life of the world's whitest man.

hax8whL.png

...Okay, one more. The rest I'm saving for myself.

WJpB8z5.png

I got my 3DS the week before they shut down swapnote and the very first note I tried to send out was a goofy RPG prompt thing ("You find yourself in a dungeon...") but it was on the actual day they shut it down so it never got sent. :|

Cheers for the advice everyone. Bit surprised and disappointed that I can't get SNES games on there, would've thought  the 3DS is more than capable enough :/

I think I had an offensive SwapNote set up for StreetPass so I'm one of the reasons why it closed. Sorry guys.

Yeah but you can still send as many offensive swapnotes as you want via Streetpass because that function still works, just not the send over wifi one.

Allegedly the reason they closed the Spotpass functionality was because someone threatened to sue after their kid got 3D dick pics sent to them by someone on their friends list.

They could have just taken out the ability to attach photos, though.

Also, I would rather be sent dick pics from someone across the country that I arguably know (since they're on my friends list) than from a stranger standing twenty feet away.

Not surprising, but I was hoping it wouldn't be so that I could replace my broken one sooner.

Does anyone know if the 3DS is region locked for DS games? Since the DS wasn't region locked, I don't know if the DS part of the system will still play anything.

It will. I've played the Ouendan games on both the original 3DS and the XL with no problems.

Ouendan is so good. Shit now I wanna play that game again.

Sweet! I can now play Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!

...yeah, I know. Fuck it, I wanna see it with my own eyes.

It's an interesting game, but unfortunately marred by the bartering mechanic. You have no indication what the right price is for buying things from people, and you can either end up pissing them off or giving away way too much money for no good reason.

Sweet! I can now play Tingle's Rosy Rupee Land!

I can confirm that one in particular works, I have a cart, but I haven't played it yet ;(.

Also Tingle's Balloon Fight works great too.