Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

I don't know if this is an EU thing only, but I see a special eShop sale with HomeTown Story for 20€, Project X Zone for 17,50€, Adventure Time, the one with the long name that's about dungeon exploring for  9,99€ Regular Show for the same price, the new Pac-Man 17.50€, One Piece Romance Dawn for 15€...

I know I'll probably get at least a couple of these for my summer vacation. Which ones do you think are worth it?

The Adventure Time games are apparently not that good. I played the first one (the Zelda 2-ish one) and didn't like it and supposedly the second was worse. I've heard that Project X Zone and Hometown story were also not that great. X Zone apparently gets to be a HUGE slog before it's over, and Hometown story sounds like not my kind of game at all. Couldn't tell you about the other ones really, but In my old age I'd suggest you shy away from getting something that is either bad or meh just because it's on sale.

Do you have pushmo/crashmo?

Pushmo/Crashmo seems like the kind of game I'd play for several levels only to get stuck and then give up because I don't want to use a walkthrough for every level. Specially since if I play them on my summer vacation I won't even have access to the internet for help. :|

I had that with Fallblox, it was just too inscrutable. Pullbox was fine, it tread that very fine line of being challenging but ultimately masterable.

I made it through all but two puzzles in Pushmo/Pullblox without a guide. You can also skip a decent amount of them and still complete the game.

I played X Zone. It's not bad. Fighting mechanic is fun, but gets boring and repetitive quickly. The combos can get really long and boring, you see the special scenes like 100 times which you can't skip and yeah it drags. But it is cool to see everyone fighting and stuff I guess. The story is retarded. And long. I never finished it. There is some enjoyment out of it, the conversations are funny, but require a deep some knowledge of all these games, which is pretty far-fetched as I'm pretty sure some games never even came out in the EU. Like God Eater.

Saying that it's the best game in that deal. Bar Push/Fall Blox

What I want from Pushmo/Pullblox is the ability to skip to an actual hard puzzle. I got bored pretty quickly.

I've heard good things, but I'm a bit create your own life!d out after Animal Crossing.

Metroid announcement today, then. A new game or Retro porting Prime to 3DS? Might speed up production, though 3DS isn't exactly starved of software. And Majora's Mask. It's turning up in too many places and we're not going to see ZeldaU before 2016. My money's on Majora's for early 2015.

fantasy life looks pretty amazing

omg omg omggggggggggggggg

Best announcement of show.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's so great about Fantasy Life?

The trailer looks like a fairly tame Action RPG with crafting mini games. Nothing amazing or interesting. The art style is cute in the cutscenes, but your actual avatar is just a chibified dude.

Am I completely missing something here?

I guess it's like Rune Factory without the farming? Wait, wouldn't that make it just a normal JRPG? 

Metroid announcement today, then. 

Be still my beating heart.

I'm guessing it's just a vague statement like "Metroid still exists and we're thinking about it!" or "Retro is sure hard at work these days!"

Forgive my ignorance, but what's so great about Fantasy Life?

The trailer looks like a fairly tame Action RPG with crafting mini games. Nothing amazing or interesting. The art style is cute in the cutscenes, but your actual avatar is just a chibified dude.

Am I completely missing something here?

Given the motto "Live the Life you want", I would hope that they allow for advancement along basically any path exclusive to the other ones. So, letting you just be a Miner or Woodcutter without any particular limitations. That would be pretty amazing, in a Harvest Moon / Animal Crossing vein.

Even if it does require ARPG fighting, since Rune Factory is probably dead, this fills that niche.

jyt3kTH.jpg

Watched some of the Tomodachi footage on Giant Bomb and I am intrigued, but not $35 worth of intrigued. It looks like such a non-game, I figured it would be like a $20 digital release.

The appeal to me is arpg in the animal crossing/rune factory hybrid.

I guess that's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

For that matter, what are some good action rpgs on the 3ds?

There aren't any on my radar really.

I have heard good things, but not played, Heroes of Ruin.

Not to hold up metacritic as a bar of quality, but a 69 there doesn't seem that encouraging. Also, I guess there is something fundamentally appealing about the "chibified dude" that i prefer over the screenshots I see of heroes of ruin? The lower detail textures/models seem better suited to/easier to "read" on the handheld screen size?

The appeal to me is arpg in the animal crossing/rune factory hybrid.

I guess that's not going to be everyone's cup of tea.

For that matter, what are some good action rpgs on the 3ds?

There aren't any on my radar really.

Fair enough. I would never know how good Rune Factory is as it's looking like it'll never come out in England :(

Cave Story is out on the 3DS. Does that count? Also Monster Hunter 3 is fantastic.

There's a demo of Heroes of Ruin.

It was enjoyable enough for me to pick it up when I found it cheap but not good enough to convince me to actually play it at the expense of other games I already own.

A 69 on Metacritic, if you will.

RQoi7Tw.jpg

aMuH1ix.png

Welp. That's it. This Miiverse post is clearly the high point of my life. It's all downhill from here.