Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

Sorry, i got that the wrong way round: R/B then B/W. I didn't like G/S because the legendary dogs pissed me off, and continue to do so every game since then.

My favorite games were D/P/Pt followed, by G/S, but since there's the remakes I can just lump them all into Gen IV. Gen V I hated and I didn't really play the gba games very much though I own Emerald.

I didn't like B/W so much, but B2/W2 might be the strongest entries in the series. G/S and HG/SS have some of the best ideas, but suffer from a terrible level curve that necessitates grinding. D/P/Pt had a great overworld but the most unfortunately slow battle system. R/S/E are my pick for the weakest entries due to the monotony of the game's second half. R/B/Y are broken as hell and if you really want to take the nostalgia trip that much you should just play the legitimately good FR/LG.

jSvGs.png

It seems a weird thing to highlight as a Great Thing but I'm playing the VC version of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages at the moment and there's a lot of RNG involved in getting certain equippable rings to drop. Being able to abuse a save state file has saved me a lot of time and frustration.

It's only when I think that I can't do an equivalent thing on my PSN downloads that I realise it's a neat feature.

cpylvpl.jpg

Alright, so we've got our first Idle Thumbs Community Mario Golf World Tournament running until Friday 23rd May, 11am SF / 7pm UK.

The code is 57-7286-5555-6049 for 9 holes on Peach Gardens, just a nice easy one with random items to get us going.

Find it by going to Mario Golf Quick Round > Tournaments > Private Tournament > Search by Code

Then there's a basic Idle Thumbs community in the community section, in case it ever comes in handy, with the code 17-8284-0937-6097. It's a standard stroke play set up, 9 hole courses chosen by vote, no character restrictions etc. Might be easier just to friend each other and post here for impromptu games though?

:reggie: visited my 3DS today. He told me to watch E3.

That fucker just walked away from a Reaper Captain in Find Mii 2.

cpylvpl.jpg

Alright, so we've got our first Idle Thumbs Community Mario Golf World Tournament running until Friday 23rd May, 11am SF / 7pm UK.

The code is 57-7286-555-6049 for 9 holes on Peach Gardens, just a nice easy one with random items to get us going.

Find it by going to Mario Golf Quick Round > Tournaments > Private Tournament > Search by Code

Then there's a basic Idle Thumbs community in the community section, in case it ever comes in handy, with the code 17-8284-0937-6097. It's a standard stroke play set up, 9 hole courses chosen by vote, no character restrictions etc. Might be easier just to friend each other and post here for impromptu games though?

Looks like that tourney code is missing a digit. And where do you join the community? The way content is distributed through this game is obscure as fuck. Some tournaments you do from the clubhouse basement but others are in quick play?

Did anyone else get Wayne Brady a while back?

I remember this being a thing.

Wayne Brady taught me that everybody's learnin' that the world is just so crazy; you work so hard, there's no time to be lazy.

The weekend comes, I'm down for that.

Grab your ball, grab your bat.

Looks like that tourney code is missing a digit. And where do you join the community? The way content is distributed through this game is obscure as fuck. Some tournaments you do from the clubhouse basement but others are in quick play?

Oh, you're right. Stick another 5 in that fist of fives and you'll be good to go. That's what I did and now I'm a 300lb golfing Adonis.

Yeah the menu system could be better presented. Player-created communities are in Mario Golf > Vs > Community Match.

Add new communities with Code Search, select List Search to choose from communities already added, or Quick Search to have it find or create an open lobby in a community you're a member of.

I feel like there's been a 3ds game drought. 2013 was fantastic, but nothing seems to have come out except for Mario Golf, which I'm not interested in.

Am I missing some hidden gem somewhere?

Rune Factory 4 maybe? I liked it a lot, but it's definitely a marmite game.

Ironic that you've pointed out a game that I raged about earlier for being cancelled in the EU and the 3DS being region locked. I was super excited for Rune Factory! 

Oh sorry, I remembered that conversation as I was posting that but didn't realize it was you : (

I feel like there's been a 3ds game drought. 2013 was fantastic, but nothing seems to have come out except for Mario Golf, which I'm not interested in.

Am I missing some hidden gem somewhere?

It's been a pretty slow year for the 3DS, kind of a bummer after how much 2013 spoiled us.

Tomodachi Collection just came out in NA. (I need to play that, i forgot that it was set to come out so soon after the localization was announced.)

Tomodachi Collection just came out in NA. (I need to play that, i forgot that it was set to come out so soon after the localization was announced.)

jyt3kTH.jpg