Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

DS games look like shit on 3DS.

I know, but what other choice do I have? I'm going to buy one eventually, should I buy an access point or a new router just to play Pokémon?

Well, it looks like DS is showing it's age because the batteries won't last half as much as they should...

Is there any reason I shouldn't trade this in for 3DS? I know I'll need to trade from one Pokémon game to another, but why trade with myself only when I can trade with friends online?

Unless DS games look like NES games on a HDTV I think I'll survive graphic-wise.

I've asked at Nintendo specific forums and they confirm that the DSi and 3DS use WPA.

I'm pretty sure it's true since my copy of Pokémon Black say if you play this on the DSi you get improved quality and security with your connection.

Did they fix the issue with Wifi Security from the first DS? I remember it couldn't handle WPA, only WEP -- which nobody uses any more.

It does:

WEP

WPA-PSK(TKIP)

WPA2-PSK(TKIP)

WPA-PSK(AES)

WPA2-PSK(AES)

Speaking of connectivity, is there anyone interested in a 3DS Friend code exchange? It has a vague sort of online friends list thing, and SF4 isn't too horrible if you can get over the fact that the 3DS doesn't exactly have ideal controls for it.

It does:

WEP

WPA-PSK(TKIP)

WPA2-PSK(TKIP)

WPA-PSK(AES)

WPA2-PSK(AES)

Speaking of connectivity, is there anyone interested in a 3DS Friend code exchange? It has a vague sort of online friends list thing, and SF4 isn't too horrible if you can get over the fact that the 3DS doesn't exactly have ideal controls for it.

Sure, why not? I think only a few people here actually own one and if my DS' battery keeps failing like this, I'm so upgrading to a 3DS as soon as I get payed.

Did they fix the issue with Wifi Security from the first DS? I remember it couldn't handle WPA, only WEP -- which nobody uses any more.

Shit man, nobody used it back then... did they?

...and SF4 isn't too horrible...

Wait there. Most things I read go on about the 3D being mint for the first while until the novelty wears off, but there's no games. Then you talk about SF4 like that... is this console a turkey?

Wait there. Most things I read go on about the 3D being mint for the first while until the novelty wears off, but there's no games. Then you talk about SF4 like that... is this console a turkey?

I meant that the online play for SF4 is not terrible. It's a very good version, but wifi online with the DS controls is not quite the same as my home wired setup with TE stick.

SF4 3D is really good and it's not just because it's the only decent launch title.

I meant that the online play for SF4 is not terrible. It's a very good version, but wifi online with the DS controls is not quite the same as my home wired setup with TE stick.

SF4 3D is really good and it's not just because it's the only decent launch title.

Have you played Shadow Wars?

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

No, I don't think so. It was such a weird decision!

As weird as the friend code thing or the lack of demos?:mock:

Buy new DS battery? :erm:

Would that be wise when I'm going to buy a 3DS later?

I looked over hubby's shoulder at his 3DS, and my eyes had to work q hard to focus into 3D. Even when I held it in my own hands, it felt like I was never really seeing it. I can see how this might give people headaches.

Apart from that, it's nice.

(Even the bear puppet 3DS case that hub bought. Which is RIDICULOUS.)

Google says a new battery is $4. You tell me if it's wise or not to invest in one.

Now that I've actually timed it, it looks like it's about four hours, which is still better than most portable systems, I don't think I'll trade it and I don't think it need a battery yet.

I looked over hubby's shoulder at his 3DS, and my eyes had to work q hard to focus into 3D. Even when I held it in my own hands, it felt like I was never really seeing it. I can see how this might give people headaches.

Apart from that, it's nice.

(Even the bear puppet 3DS case that hub bought. Which is RIDICULOUS.)

I don't know whether to classify that as adorable or a nightmare... ;(

Did you adjust it? Apparently everyone's eyes are different, so you have alter the slider to the side of the top screen when you use it. When I had a go, it made a huge difference.

Your eyes really need to be parallel to the screen, so looking over someone's shoulder is never going to work very well. I've been playing it pretty extensively and it hasn't felt any harder on my eyes than a normal DS screen. But yes, the slider is very important; for me, about a third of the way up is best, and it's hard to even get the images to converge if I put it all the way up. I guess it depends on how far apart your eyeballs are.

Looking over the shoulder won't do it — the fulcrum you have to keep your head inside is quite narrow, and has no room for two people. The slider only adjusts the intensity of the 3D effect, not the mode of displaying it — if you're unable to "see it" at all, I'd have my vision checked. From what I recall, Avatar was really good for diagnosing eye problems people were unaware they were "suffering" from. This may be untrue.

Because of the differences in resolution.

How about when start+select are pressed at start up, wasn't there supposed to be some change in the size of the DS screen resolution after that?

So.... I have a 3DS now and SSFIV and Samurai Warriors Chronicles, I've only played with RA cards, which were pretty awesome.

I haven't found my 3D sweet spot yet, I can barely notice the 3D, I think lenticular imagine have convinced me I have to move my head to see it, I know I can see 3D since I saw Avatar in 3D.

EDIT: I did a system update and saw the video they added, I definitely noticed the 3D in this one! :tup:

Edited by Tanukitsune