Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

Oh, actually the price for Europe is higher than 229,99, that's pounds. HMV UK's pricing.

So rest of Europe's pricing is propably something like the good old "lets change the dollar sign to euro and nobody will notice" 249,99 euros.

Yeah, I know at this point they will never fix this locking stupidity in this or future versions of 3DS.

Oh, actually the price for Europe is higher than 229,99, that's pounds. HMV UK's pricing.

So rest of Europe's pricing is propably something like the good old "lets change the dollar sign to euro and nobody will notice" 249,99 euros.

Yeah, I know at this point they will never fix this locking stupidity in this or future versions of 3DS.

It's actually £219.99 at the moment. Hooray!

Hahah, that's nice, thehut is offering 217,93 pounds, that is propably the cheapest price for UK.

Play.com is offering with their weird euro prices 307,99 euros as the price for pre-order of a 3DS console, even though the pound price is the 219,99 price. There they go again with the incredible fixed euro currency exchange rates again.

Here's some more negative news while NoE is on the roll:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-20-why-the-last-story-is-japan-exclusive

That makes me so sad. His excuse is a piece of shit as well;

"We just have SO MUCH GOOD STUFF coming out (months later than the US) that we can't HANDLE bringing any MORE to YOU."

Asshole.

So, is anybody here actually going to make this a day one perch? Or are you going to wait for more games to be available? :erm:

I think I'll wait for more games...

Day One Perch for me. Comes out ten days after my birthday, so that's definitely a factor, but I love getting stuff day one.

Day One Perch, though my wallet is already crying. I have to though, I need a 3DS for my job.

So European law is being blamed for the new region lock?

I'm confused, because if that's so, doesn't that mean Sony has to start region locking all Playstation 3 games to comply as well?

I'm really confused. Isn't the 3DS being released with a new awesome Paper Mario game plus a remake of Ocarina of Time?

I'm really confused. Isn't the 3DS being released with a new awesome Paper Mario game plus a remake of Ocarina of Time?

Not necessarily. Launch titles aren't yet confirmed.

I'm not sure whether to make this a day one perch or not.... When it comes to games, I wait for the price to drop, but consoles.... The price of the 3DS will only drop if Nintendo creates a new version, and you kinda want a warranty for your console so buying it used is out of the question....

Like I said before, my only main concern is that Nintendo will make up some excuse to make the 3DS scarce and that it will be the Wii all over again.... I don't want to stand in line for hours and hope I'm lucky enough to get one...:blink:

Those are not *launch* games on day one, but those will come during spring or during summer. Reggie Fils-Aime already said something like the 3DS launch window is all the way from february/march to summer. So all games coming out that time are "launch" games to Nintendo. Even Japan doesn't get Ocarina or Paper Mario on day one.

I'm mostly disappointed by how many of the games revealed for the 3DS are basically ports/remakes/enhanced-versions of already existing games. :-/

Yea it's the most blatant case of what Nintendo does, but now other companies are also getting in on the fun.

I'm interested in seeing how some of these games control. What I've seen of the fighting games seems completely terrible. Fighting games are about execution, not tapping combos to win the game. I'm not sure if the Resident Evil games have stylus shooting though.

I'm mostly disappointed by how many of the games revealed for the 3DS are basically ports/remakes/enhanced-versions of already existing games. :-/

I thought the story behind this was everyone saw the 3DS on display with demos of games like MGS3 and Ocarina of Time running on them with no intention of making the full games for the system, but the response was so positive they went ahead?

I mean that sounds like a dumb story anyway even if it is true, but maybe it makes up for it? Either way, I agree, the lack of original or super interesting launch games or launch games at all is pretty strange and disturbing. Maybe Nintendo is guessing they will just keep selling based on the past success of the DS, but I don't want them to get cocky again.

I think it's quite unfunny that Ubisoft is re-re-releasing Rayman 2 again.

First it was N64/Dreamcast and propably other platforms game over 10 years ago. Then they made a crappy port of it for DS's original launch and now they are releasing it again for 3DS, with the 3D gimmick. I wonder will they even bother to change the control mechanics from the DS version?

They have a real analogue stick now, so they fucking better. I've never played that game and really want to. I avoided the DS version because of crappy controls, so now I want to try it out for reals.

assuming i'm working/making money, it's absolutely a day 1 perch for me. i'm fascinated by the technology and i buy every other console, so why not. it'll have some kickass 1st party titles, like every other nintendo console, if nothing else.

Just because of Ubisoft's track record in the last 7 years or so, I'd say it's going to be a shit port that fails to understand the original game or capitalize on a new port by adding anything at all (let alone worthwhile) to it.

Nothing since has still beaten the Dreamcast or PS2 versions of Rayman 2, nor has added anything. The DS version was a bad port of the 64 game. Even when playing the original Rayman, it's still to this day not going to get any better than the Playstation or Saturn, yet it's had a ton of rereleases over the years of varying levels of lower quality.

Just checking the information out, it's saying it's using the Dreamcast version as it's basis this time, but I really doubt the graphics are going to be improved as they say. Maybe higher res textures, but given the new PoP HD collection, I doubt new polygons are being added.

The other noted part of the press release is "gameplay improvements for accessibility" which probably means they are just going to make it easier. They claimed the same thing for the DSi version of the original Rayman, when all they really did was add more lives and energy as well as give a map. Really not sure if Rayman 2 is in need of much of more in the way of accessibility (outside of the rocking riding part at the end), but maybe that's just me.

EDIT: Comparing the released screenshots of the new port to the old Dreamcast version, it does appear that polygons are the same but that the texture resolution will now be much higher. That's a nice start, I think.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

The DS seems to be dying as fast as GBA died when DS was announced.

Golden Sun DS didn't sell that well, Inazuma Eleven is having a really crippled release in Europe thanks to NoE and retail shops. Apparently it's only been released in France and Germany?

Okamiden is coming soon and I bet that will also receive no support from NoE or retail shops.

Wow, Nintendo doesn't give a damn for, Europe doesn't it? Come on, let us have the DS' "swam songs"... :(

NoE, as long as I can remember, has always been a complete joke. Do they actually do anything important whatsoever? They still use the "we need to translate the games into many different languages for Europe, which is why we can't release at the same time!" excuse. Nintendo seems to be about the ONLY company left that can't do global release launches on their major games...

Anyhoo, they've proven their assbackwardness again this generation by bringing back region locking and those fucking friend codes. Stupid. At least their games are still pretty good! So they've got that going for them. Which is nice.

Well, it's good that they are fighting the piracy, but this bit in the news is one reason why I'm scared of big hardware companies like Nintendo, Sony, Google, Apple etc.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-07-nintendo-3ds-logs-flash-cart-use

Remote bricking is pretty scary thought, like Google showed that they have the possibility to remove anything from your phone remotely.